• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

ACE Q&A for December - Official discussion thread

this is the list of stats last exposed in 5.2 ;p

@perfectdork

Q: Do you have plans to allow modifier keybinds e.g. i want to bind '5' slot to '<MOD KEY> + 1' e.g. mouse button / shift etc

(i've basically already done this via external methods personally...huge control improvement)

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

19 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

this is the list of stats last exposed in 5.2 ;p

@perfectdork

Q: Do you have plans to allow modifier keybinds e.g. i want to bind '5' slot to '<MOD KEY> + 1' e.g. mouse button / shift etc

(i've basically already done this via external methods personally...huge control improvement)

I think a lot of those stats previously were blank or simply unused. The new stats are the REAL DEAL! We are already fine tuning them to be more understandable and helpful to players. 

As far as modifier keys, we are laying the foundation for that type of custom input combination. Starting with L+R Mouse to run so you can move and steer with mouse only. Beyond that, our system should be able to handle arbitrary combinations. So then it will be up to us to add UI support to allow players to set those combos. Thanks for passing this one along.  I think a lot of players will be really happy once they can take full control <pun intended> of their input mappings.

6 minutes ago, knightbyday said:

I think a lot of those stats previously were blank or simply unused. The new stats are the REAL DEAL! We are already fine tuning them to be more understandable and helpful to players. 

As far as modifier keys, we are laying the foundation for that type of custom input combination. Starting with L+R Mouse to run so you can move and steer with mouse only. Beyond that, our system should be able to handle arbitrary combinations. So then it will be up to us to add UI support to allow players to set those combos. Thanks for passing this one along.  I think a lot of players will be really happy once they can take full control <pun intended> of their input mappings.

This was me btw.

Billy Garretsen - UX Design Lead, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

[Personal Portfolio]

@perfectdork

Are we going to be able to rebind the tray selection buttons? I'm not a fan of H-Z-T as the binds for those.

Also - please make it so we can do something other than LMB + RMB for auto run. I'd love to be able to use numlock or something like that to TOGGLE autorun so I can play with zero hands instead of 1 hand. 

Edited by blazzen

18 minutes ago, blazzen said:

@perfectdork

Are we going to be able to rebind the tray selection buttons? I'm not a fan of H-Z-T as the binds for those.

Also - please make it so we can do something other than LMB + RMB for auto run. I'd love to be able to use numlock or something like that to TOGGLE autorun so I can play with zero hands instead of 1 hand. 

Tray buttons = yes. I am personally mapping mine to Z, X and C respectively. Additionally, we are updating the default mapping of ultimate powers from C to Q to better group that action with the other default powers. Long term though, we are looking for a better solution for tray swapping that requires fewer dedicated keys. 

We can look into further customization for auto run after we ship this first input overhaul. I think we have a stack of requests that we need to sort through before promising anything. Valid request though, thanks.

[Personal Portfolio]

14 minutes ago, perfectdork said:

Tray buttons = yes. I am personally mapping mine to Z, X and C respectively. Additionally, we are updating the default mapping of ultimate powers from C to Q to better group that action with the other default powers. Long term though, we are looking for a better solution for tray swapping that requires fewer dedicated keys. 

We can look into further customization for auto run after we ship this first input overhaul. I think we have a stack of requests that we need to sort through before promising anything. Valid request though, thanks.

I would like to suggest a option to quick cycle through trays using only one button. Bonus points if we can choose which trays are included in this.

Ex.: My ranger has 3 trays: ranged, melee, survival. I would like to cycle through ranged-melee using only one key (probably Tab) and let survival only selectable through another key (h or whatever).

It wouldnt be a huge issue if we must cycle through all trays a character has but like i said it would be a big bonus if we could avoid that. I think it would also be a good counter measure to leave the specific keys for each tray just in case.

The "easier" way to do this would be to go back to the previous selected tray when you press the key to a tray that is already selected or give each tray a default go-to tray in that case. It would only cycle though 2 trays but it should be enough to most (if not all) cases.

Ex.: My ranger is in the ranged tray and if i press the key to go to ranged (because it is easier to press it) it goes automatically to melee since that should be the default action in that case. After if want to go back to ranged i obviously press the ranged key again. We have a easy cycling mechanic.

Actually i think giving each tray a default go-to tray is easier than memorizing which tray was previously selected...

I think this doesnt fall in key-mapping anymore though.

So "Damage vs Males" is a thing? Why would you add this? I am guessing this might be connected with the crazy faes and their even crazier ideals.

Honestly i dont like how it sounds at all. Not sure if my disgust is purely game-wise so i shall refrain from commenting on it. Just know i dont like it.

combat_stat_05.png

Edited by BarriaKarl

49 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

I would like to suggest a option to quick cycle through trays using only one button. Bonus points if we can choose which trays are included in this.

Ex.: My ranger has 3 trays: ranged, melee, survival. I would like to cycle through ranged-melee using only one key (probably Tab) and let survival only selectable through another key (h or whatever).

It wouldnt be a huge issue if we must cycle through all trays a character has but like i said it would be a big bonus if we could avoid that. I think it would also be a good counter measure to leave the specific keys for each tray just in case.

The "easier" way to do this would be to go back to the previous selected tray when you press the key to a tray that is already selected or give each tray a default go-to tray in that case. It would only cycle though 2 trays but it should be enough to most (if not all) cases.

Ex.: My ranger is in the ranged tray and if i press the key to go to ranged (because it is easier to press it) it goes automatically to melee since that should be the default action in that case. After if want to go back to ranged i obviously press the ranged key again. We have a easy cycling mechanic.

Actually i think giving each tray a default go-to tray is easier than memorizing which tray was previously selected...

I like this approach and it is definitely one of the ideas on the table. Stay tuned!

[Personal Portfolio]

4 minutes ago, makkon said:

@perfectdork

the main question: does we can move or hide inventory UI to have access to move UI elements like druid essence meter in next patch?

We are going to give players an entirely dedicated mode for moving and customizing their combat HUDs. This will be coming as soon as we clean up our preferences manager to properly track and save the locations of your customization. Not sure when that will go live, but its a clear priority now that we have such a prominent character panel. 

[Personal Portfolio]

1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

It already kind of is implemented so yeah expanding it to how you describe would nice be, but already now whenever you are in a combat tray, pressing the button of that tray you are in will put you back into survival tray, so you really never have to touch the H key, but yeah being able to change between 2 combat trays with the same button would be nice too (specially for Druid, where you are pretty much forced to do that, and do it often (unless you use scimitar disc), unlike most other classes that just would change because the situation would make another tray better at that moment)

38 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

So "Damage vs Males" is a thing? Why would you add this? I am guessing this might be connected with the crazy faes and their even crazier ideals.

Honestly i dont like how it sounds at all. Not sure if my disgust is purely game-wise so i shall refrain from commenting on it. Just know i dont like it.

Where did you see/hear anything about "Damage vs Males" Don't remember anything like that at all

Edited by Gummiel