Sign in to follow this  
Anhrez

Will the upcoming Crafting changes bring us Plank/Alloy options and a tuning of values?

Right now the options are very limited .. far more than any of the other crafting option which seems a bit .... well lopsided.

• Hit Points - Not worth the premium wood they are build out of, in fact it would be better to save up the Premium wood from this option and use it for paper for Harvesting pots as the amount of +hitpoints you gain on even 'good' rolls for a single weapon creates no impact full lift at all. This craft has 1 +hitpoint plank in its recipe, with 'average' rolls I lifted my total hitpoints from 5108 to 5113 that is a whopping 0.000195 lift.  
  • ZPTWck9.png
  • Increased Life Leech - Can Druid's staff do Life Leech? If i create a Plank of Life Leech and add to the Weapon Handle of a pistol does the Life Leech come through to the character? this could be a good option but it seems gated at the moment to only those classes that have a Life Leech power so for the most part a plank without a home.
  • Attack Power - Now we are getting somewhere ... or are we? How much Attack Power equals +damage? The theory-crafting on the forums has this number way .. way .. out of skew. "Good" rolls gets you what a shift of a White plank for 0.5 to 0.567? so I add 7 of these to my bow and I get a whopping +3.5 to +6/+7 based on my lack of failures on combines. How much damage did I just add to each of my attacks? 
  • Stamina - To me this is a possible outside chance, as we have yet to truly understand what stats a +Stamina boost can have. "what about more harvesting swings Anhrez?" great point.... but we loose Combat enhancements when crafting many weapon formats (see farther below on this one).  So on a White Birch plank I am seeing a start of 0.05 Max Stamina?  Maybe I get +25% with some good rolls so I am sitting at 0.0625 (don;t get me started on the need for 3 digit)  Lets roll that up in a 7 Plank Bow create with 0.4375 to 0.685 outcome! Is this a % of my Stamina ? I used a single +stamina plank in my creation of his rapier. When I equiped it ... my Stamina went from 101 to 101. So either that is not connected (which is odd as the +hitpoints impacted my character) or its impact is too small to impact my stamina bar.

HT6eUzt.png

• Crit Chance - this seems to be a popular option right now. We still need to understand how much we get from crafting versus how much we skills, and attributes and does the amount justify the crafting effort.

What are we missing with planks?

1. We have no way to add Crafting Sigils. I sure hope the upcoming changes to the crafting UI and the Crafting 'pass' in 5.4 includes adding the ability to add crafting/gathering sigils to planks. it seems like an odd gap right now.
  2. Alloy like options - Why such a short format that also excludes Support Power? What if I want to be a Poison Dealing Ranger ... I spec Sharpshooter and Poisoner .. I can't craft a weapon to support a primary power? (also ... can we get Poisoned Blade shifted to Poisoned Attack? seems very limiting in build options) 

Edited by Anhrez

I'm hoping they drop the whole gear crafting system (and the relatively minor/uninteresting stat bonuses you can earn with it) and start over. None of the current system influences how I'll play my character. It's just a power increase to my already existing playstyle. Similarly, it seems as if the classes will only care about two or three ability scores, which is boring, but slightly off topic.

As I see it, the only thing influencing/impacting playstyles is your Racial choice and Disciplines. Everything is fluff and mostly just linear power increases of a vanilla nature.

The earlier builds had "set bonuses" for each class, which may have impacted how people played a particular class. I'd like to see those return, and the enchanting profession given some serious thought as to bonuses and potential ways to "stir the combat pot". Really concerned about the long-term viability of combat. If players are forced to fight the same way over and over, how long till they get bored and leave? I don't see the ACE team being able to pump out a dozen disciplines a month, but that's the only other solution I see for making combat interesting over a long period of time.

In comparison to a game like EVE Online; EVE Online released new ships, new classes of ships (battleships, carriers, titans, dreadnoughts, etc.) over time which changed the face of how players interacted with one another. I don't see them introducing new classes like the archetype system would have permitted, simply due to budgetary constraints on making all that artwork. Its one of the reasons I didn't care about whether they _could_ do race-class split. I was more concerned about their ability to introduce new classes into the game to shift metas. Seemingly impossible now, unless the game is a huge success and they suddenly have funds to add new classes/races.

Edited by Scree

yes... more plank wood "Laminates" (think plywood, chipboard, not alloys) for more stat choices and specialty seal optionals please.   There ARE more crafts than blacksmith btw BLAIR!   Good bows are laminates too these days.

Also move ORBS to Alchemy when they return and have more weapons be NOT blacksmith, it is not like an ORB is made from like glass or polished stones or anything alchemisty, right?   

To many blacksmith weapons don't rely on other crafts much...   make handles/shafts woodcraft only (not metal bar or plank).   Books are still the only item requiring blacksmith, leatherworker, runesmith and woodworker...   need more of blacksmith items to require 3 or 4 of the crafts min for equity of interdependancy.

Edited by Frykka

My suggestion would be to create a Pressed Wood Plank recipe, which would take three separate planks and combine them together. Ta-da, you have your wood alloy.

Pressed Wood, fyi, is a type of wood made from wood scraps. 

18 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

My suggestion would be to create a Pressed Wood Plank recipe, which would take three separate planks and combine them together. Ta-da, you have your wood alloy.

Pressed Wood, fyi, is a type of wood made from wood scraps. 

Laminates dude and they should need glue from an alchemist imo...  maybe pressed wood for beams and such in building recipes.  Laminates are pretty like fancy bows and cutting boards (for cooking) while chip board or pressed wood is ugly and for raw construction purposes.

Yes, wood planks should be everything that metal bars are and use 9 logs instead of 3...   some recipes use 3 planks, others 9 logs...

Edited by Frykka

1 hour ago, Anhrez said:

what do you think the highest +support power number is you could crank out on a weapon e.g. a pure gold staff or hammer - and i could tell you via maths what impact that would have on healing... can only assume similar to attack power but no way to know ;p (and far too much RNG on power values to know OR notice!)

+7 support would add:

+10.08 healing to a green druid orb

+22.4 healing to a yellow druid orb

+70 to a cleric miracle

fairly certain 'life leech' is BONUS life leech stat - similar for any +damage types too - only increases what is already native - rather than granting new effects which would be more interesting (e.g. minor lifesteal or small amounts of elemental damage to a physical weapon etc)

Edited by Tinnis

28 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

what do you think the highest +support power number is you could crank out on a weapon e.g. a pure gold staff or hammer - and i could tell you via maths what impact that would have on healing... can only assume similar to attack power but no way to know ;p (and far too much RNG on power values to know OR notice!)

+7 support would add:

+70 to a cleric miracle

fairly certain 'life leech' is BONUS life leech stat - similar for any +damage types too - only increases what is already native - rather than granting new effects which would be more interesting (e.g. minor lifesteal or small amounts of elemental damage to a physical weapon etc)

Without a SP hungershard I think a purple could reach as high as 15-18, gold 20-25 if you use experimentation on sheen instead of weapon damage and get great+ results.  Having a SP wood laminate would help a lot and so would getting the decimal bugs out.   (questionable move for healer classes and the hungershard gives healing % mod not SP but that is also affected by sheen).   

Edited by Frykka

2 hours ago, Tinnis said:

+7 support would add:

+70 to a cleric miracle

Been working with @srathor on a few things including my efforts to craft up +support power and look at the numbers. I was able to push +24 support, Srathor was able to create +32 which would seem impact-full if that meant 4X your numbers but that is not what we saw.

Srathor equipped up his toon, the +32 Support was moved up as +3.2XX support to his character sheet. Jumping him from 87.9 to 91.2 wha wha whaaaaaa so instead of the +40plus healing this crafting lift expects, it is just barely toughing the 'variance' range. is this enough of a lift to be worth crafting the optional pieces to add to the Mail?

@thomasblair can we have someone check what the roll up should be? is this another example of hidden fractions we can't see?  

Edited by Anhrez

@Anhrez Yeah all the SP/AP increases from gear and powers are a decimal off right now; they're only 1/10th of what they should be. (Pretty sure it's bugged)

Edited by Xarrayne

I don't think it is bugged. 

A decent slag weapon is around 100 top end damage. 

The healing is using your support power as the weapon damage in the calculations. With a fiddling of the gear and matching mail I was able to get the support power to 100.2

Basically right in the middle of the slag damage top end range. If the 32 support power did add that without the .10 mod I would have 129 on the sheet. Putting me above all but green quality weapons. 

I think the tiny number is intended. 

But frankly I hate that the gear is that puny.  I hate making gear with +8 hit points.  (I know, I know, factories and such will fix everything)

I really hope the scaling is getting that pass they are working on. I really hope more options are being made for all the gear. All the metals, all the wood. (Including adding spec seal for wood.) All the stone. 

Especially The tools durability.  That all needs to be doubled. Same argument that the Arrows had from the rangers. A normal play session will have to have me carrying 3 tools to finish a 30 minute Flask session. I know with training I can get the durability increased, but that is why I am asking for doubled rather than tripled.  I would prefer tripled so I only need to carry 1 tool out and not have even more risk added. 

I think Grey top end is around 110.  I have a 102, looks like Srathor made 104.  I know that white 58 blade + white 38 grip with 5 pip (all) good roll on damage = 80-107.  I am still trying to confirm the math.

Edited by Mr.Kurtz