Sign in to follow this  
Tinnis

race or disciplines (or adv/disadv) should act as enchantments to base class powers

from musings with @Keaggan on discord:

5uBH2ye.png

e.g. old enchant examples (RIP armor for all choice, enchantment crafting armor matching different types and promotions)

Crowfall_ArmorSetBonus.jpg

could also potentially work off advantages / disadvantages too....another thing pending on the list that we are waiting to hear about and one of the last remaining customisation options...

Edited by Tinnis

@Keaggan's idea sounds like those games where a players has skill points to customize his powers. Basically everypower has branchs with variations resulting in a "pick-one" scenario.

It seems doable. I mean, we are basically creating multiple powers by only changing the power parameters. We use the same animation and everything else so we skip most of the work. It is like free Disciplines powers (Perfect!).

The example of tornadoes would be just copying the power and changing knock-up to knock-back.

The only downsize i see is this would create balancing hell to the Devs. I think it would be worth though...

Sigh... I always feel kinda bad after reading some good ideas. It is sad to think most of them will never really happen... Maybe someday the game is stable and complete enough so that the Devs can use the Test server to its fullest and try a bunch of crazy stuff just to see if it can work. Worst case we return to the previous build and forget it ever happened...

Edited by BarriaKarl

1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

The only downsize i see is this would create balancing hell to the Devs.

Like that isn't that case already after the disciplines got in? :P

Our actively used powers should be modifiable, perhaps in more than one way: this idea has been floated in many different forms, but never seems to get much traction.

I agree with disciplines and race and armor affecting our active powers (and it does not affect art costs, which is great). Armor is particularly a good choice, because it can be lost. So you might build an OP character with great armor, but if you die and lose it, then whoops!

Here is another way, ordered, branching combo effects:

Edited by McTan