Stumpstuff

5.3.1 Playtest Feedback and Bug Reports for December 6, 2017

Please DOWNLOAD the NEW TEST patch client for the 5.3.1. The new crowfall patch client has a gray bar at that top that says, "Crowfall Launcher". If your client has that gray bar at the top you have the most up to date patch client. If you have an out of date client you can download both the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/

5.3.1 Patch Notes

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

Are you having problems launching the game or some kind of blocker preventing you from progressing? Please Email us! support@crowfall.com

good news, half giant and champ root from groving fixed, now some classes are playable again

fast testing shows what myrmidon still have broken skills:

1) net cast (pull sometimes working, push never working, you know it)

2) scient of blood -> not working. tried to hit bleeding, tried just activate taste for blood, same results

3) berserker crash meter not working, but now at least it does not show black overlay. also still not movable UI, waiting some UI adjust.

4) colossus smash target hit broken. it register hit success if target was behind you on animation end

ps. berserker meter need serious adjust right now. see example on the video

pss. I can't understand what CD on punch drunk

psss templar still can tank better while he does not care about CC

Edited by makkon

• Wood Elf rangers still regain chicken tickers when they leave ranged tray.
  • If you type /ignore name in game, you get a response saying "name has been muted" but they're not muted.  You can still see what they type in chat.

I seem to be getting strange Knight LMB chain disconnects. If I hold LMB or click LMB repeatedly it seems to break the cycle and go back to the first one. Maybe something to do with ping but the Knight #4 skill seems to work without issue. 

8 minutes ago, Ranik said:

I seem to be getting strange Knight LMB chain disconnects. If I hold LMB or click LMB repeatedly it seems to break the cycle and go back to the first one. Maybe something to do with ping but the Knight #4 skill seems to work without issue. 

LMB combo working incorrectly sometimes for alot of classes, especially for Champion

I seemed to be getting rooted after I got dazed then knocked down when OOC and put into combat. As in I couldn't do anything for about 4 sec after getting back up.

8 hours ago, makkon said:

good news, half giant and champ root from groving fixed, now some classes are playable again

NAH, I WAS WRONG. GROVING STILL THERE, perma root bug exist...

guyz....fix it plz

Confused:

I can't find a weapon rack.  I believe I'm in a Campaign World so they should be around (I'm on Bloodbath US West).  I haven't been able to really do anything other than wander around and start levelling a skill.  I ran up to a tree and tried to punch it, but I assume turning the tree into wood resource requires an axe.  Also, I tried to switch to my Survival Tray (supposedly T hotkey) but it didn't appear to do anything to my UI state.  [Edit: I figured this out after about 10 minutes, apparently I had to hit Z to enter the correct mode, rather than T or H, which is what the instructions here seemed to be saying: https://crowfall.com/en/how-to-play/#harvesting ]

Input issue:

I usually play with EDSF instead of WASD, but Crowfall won't let me rebind E because it's reserved.  The message says: "Cannot reassign lobby settings E as it is reserved."  I use an ergonomic keyboard that makes it very hard to play with WASD so this is frustrating.

Unimmersive terms:

The skills section uses terms like "Tank", "DPS", etc, which I don't think should appear anywhere in the game.  These are shorthand terms that players use, it's pretty unimmersive to see them used by the actual game.  I realize that this is pre-alpha but I've seen a lot of games ship with these types of terms, and I think their use massively diminishes the fantasy of the world.

Can't Scroll:

I can't mousewheel scroll in any of the windows, even though there's a scrollbar I can grab with my mouse.

Edited by Vylo

11 hours ago, makkon said:

pss. I can't understand what CD on punch drunk

it is meant to be two minutes (no longer the case).

Patch Notes for June 1, 2017

Punch Drunk: Rebuilt Punch Drunk so it uses a proc and we can apply a cooldown to prevent it from firing back to back to back to back.

The cooldown is two minutes.

Doesn't display on the tooltip i dont think? (SEE ALSO forest whispers life ironwood body cooldown proc of about 90 secs too)

Would be nice if we could see a countdown icon for such passive procs above power bar / near retaliate etc

Edited by Tinnis

Still losing banked time - just lost another 10 hours, have lost over 60 so far - is this a known issue? Would hope this would be fixed before transitioning to Live...

2 hours ago, Tinnis said:

it is meant to be two minutes (no longer the case).

looks like this proc 2 times in 2 mins. can be something like magically related to double ultimates or hidden rebuild since summer fix

the rank 1 Monster Graves table is missing something and/or needs adjusted.

here is the output of nearly 40+ rank 1 graves dug with Plentiful 3 and 5% gravegoods from the Finer things running. The Grave goods, seem to be dropping fine I received 2 over this time. What is not working is during this 40+ graves I received 5 empty outcomes. Not even a dust. At Rank 3 Plentiful? add that to 3 graves kick out 2 Dust and no parts.  Now the other odd thing is I have not received any "Beast Legs" which means I am unable to craft Elkin or Minotaur vessels. Could the lack of Beast Legs be the empty outcomes I am receiving? So could Beast Legs be error-ed in the drop table and I should have a stack of them but their lack of drop is actually the empty or near empty grave outcomes?

rERbqar.png

From the Monster skill tree, I believe these values should be negative like the other nodes of its type.

dQL8u7D.png

From the Fighter skill tree, I believe these values should be positive... because negative health is bad. Also those values, when positive, are disturbingly low.

zzhDGBU.png

Human Knight, Bard

Ranged tray with bow does not display bow visual. Instead character model is static like a scarecrow, with my shield under my feet. Note: Bow use from Master of Bows.
Cannot put Hymn of Restoration on the Survival tray. All three other songs from Bard can be put on all trays. This has the effect of making Twisting impossible on Survival Tray (with only Bard applied). Edit: not impossible, cuz you can persist the enhanced version out of a combat tray, but incredibly annoying.
Also makes Gaea's Chorus end when toggled into survival tray for high OOC restoration.
The "9" extra power slot given to humans does not appear on the active use tray. You can use the "9" skill, however.

Comments on Bard:
I think it is powerful (highly underrated) and should not be nerfed, but it is also really susceptible to bots. I expect to see solo gankers running a group of five with all four of the empowered (twisted) bard buffs on them, from four botted bards (coupled with cleric auras). I am not sure what the solution to that is.
More important than the botting issue, however, is the boredom issue. I think there are some great builds possible revolving around just one bard song running in the background - please maintain that, but groups are going to expect their bards to twist constantly. That is going to be a tedious job (which may exacerbate the bot problem). There are not really "active" issues for buff bards. Maybe your vision is just that there are not active players who focus on twisting songs during combat. That's fair, but anticipate complaints.

Edited by McTan