Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crafting Stations and Recipes - Official Discussion Thread

Hah me and @Anhrez were literally discussing this on discord today...

QUESTIONS:

How does crafting station creation work? (hippo style..?)

(gated by skill training e.g. masonry etc...are there crafting station stations?)

How do Thralls now fit in and when will we start hearing or seeing about how they will be implemented? (is that what you meant by 'imbue'?)

The skill trees currently have a number of nodes or whole lines to do with recipie unlocks...will they be adjusted?

What will be unlocked where e.g. further down the line and how will this affect different classes or builds etc

What is included as 'basic' recipies e.g. campfires and advanced field camps are in the surival tree at the moment as trained unlocks - what value does an advanced camp bring over a basic camp?

Are current success chances represenative of someone with no training attempting to make something - or would they be adjusted once certain recipies are locked behind training?

Still a lot of concentrated value towards blacksmithing and ore compared to other types...

Will we hear about crafting discplines soon and will they also impact recipie unlocks?

Word on visual customisation on finished gear by the crafter?

will we be able to see old name stamps of who made what item again?

Can crafting stations be destroyed and or only captured etc

Will we make 'mint' stations to turn dust into gold coins then or something?

any plans to adjust the differing quantities, restrictions and rewards between the three armor types - espeically in light of how they are now class locked at default

Edited by Tinnis

Happy to see the Enchanting table. Glad that's still in the pipeline.

Intermediate recipes are a new type of recipe. While they appear for all players (of any skill level), they can only be accessed when the player uses a crafting station of the correct type.

For the sake of clarity: the meaning of "accessed" in the above means using, right? Like, even when not at a crafting station I'll still be able to open my UI and see the recipes I know to check on what materials I need to make a thing?

When might we be able to craft and use vessels?

Hi, I'm moneda.

The new UI showing all the components looks nice.  That'll be a welcome change.   And I like that it drives the game loop a little by requiring us to hold forts and keeps to have access to advanced crafting stations.  I just wish you'd take the next step with legit win conditions and sieges.  As it stands, we'll spend 5 mins taking a keep, use the crafting stations, and abandon it to the next group that wants to use it. Still, baby steps, I guess?

I like most of what I have read, it does help to see the new UI and it shows the community real effort is being spent revitalizing crafting. I am excited to see it in action, and with the comment "As you can imagine, this one addition to gameplay gives teams a pretty big reason to take over and maintain Forts and Keeps (which means we have some work to do on the Capture and Siege mechanics, as well)." my hope is that the changes can be dropped in along side significant campaign changes so there is a reason for the groups to craft to help the campaign not to just craft to test.  As right now, its hard to get a feeling on crafting/gathering relevance to the game loop.

I do have some deeper questions:

•  Intermediate recipes are a new type of recipe. While they appear for all players (of any skill level), they can only be accessed when the player uses a crafting station of the correct type.  - Nope don't like it at all. Maybe I am to far skewed but I am giving up a lot of combat skills, facing dizzy down, etc and now untrained players can use premium mats to make something beyond basic items?  
  • No info on salvage, maybe this is a reference but some clarity would help  " Oh, and we’re also going to fix the experiment and crafting failure loop to be not so damned painful."
  • no info on repairing - is this at the advanced or intermediate table? as if intermediate then maybe untrained ppl can repair? that would be a kick to the nuts 
  • I would like to hear more information on what the team sees in the current ratios of crafted item impact/resources needed to craft/time to gather/ skills needed to craft and how that aligns with their vision of gathering and crafting relevance to the game.

A great update that should create some strong testing dialog for weeks to come.

Edited by Anhrez

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

4 minutes ago, moneda said:

Happy to see the Enchanting table. Glad that's still in the pipeline.For the sake of clarity: the meaning of "accessed" in the above means using, right? Like, even when not at a crafting station I'll still be able to open my UI and see the recipes I know to check on what materials I need to make a thing?

Great question. I believe we will let you see recipes and components you cannot craft for the sake of planning and offering guidance for what skill track to pursue. If we have any additional gates to lock out that knowledge, that is tbd, but I think it would be BAD user experience to keep that information from the player. 

Billy Garretsen - UX Design Lead, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

[Personal Portfolio]

p.s. will you also soon require us to siege only via either catapults/balistas or spirit tools such as hammer and axe when attacking walls, gates or tree of life / bane trees?

going to make a huge different [holy dizzy down batman] compared to using combat powers!

Edited by Tinnis

Just now, perfectdork said:

Great question. I believe we will let you see recipes and components you cannot craft for the sake of planning and offering guidance for what skill track to pursue. If we have any additional gates to lock out that knowledge, that is tbd, but I think it would be BAD user experience to keep that information from the player. 

will there be any 'secret recipies' e.g. via crafting disciplines though - or would that be handled by our old friend the wildcard slot? :P

2 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

will there be any 'secret recipies' e.g. via crafting disciplines though - or would that be handled by our old friend the wildcard slot? :P

I would love to see Limited recipes only opened from Thrall captures ... limited to the world. Passive training means everyone will eventually get everything ... that makes it boring imo

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

5 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

I like SECRETS a lot! Lets see how this plays out. Whenever we talk internally about some sort of mystery recipes that are revealed via experimentation with wildcards we come to the conclusion that within the first week a wiki will go up with that info taking a lot of the punch out of that discovery. So instead, our core focus is going to be on better guidance to the player with clear crafting requirements and illustrating the path from a base resource all the way through a finished project. 

I dont know about you, but I HATED hunting for component recipes in the old design. Totally broke my focus and was so off putting, I think I have only crafting basic items for the past year. 

[Personal Portfolio]

20 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

I liked the UI design. But i cant understand how it would work. It seems like something you would see in a factory run but it is missing information to confirm if that is the case...

there are expandable/collapsible - / + buttons from the look of it - so like so i assume:

ZqbjWiO.gif

@perfectdork re secrets ...looks to path of exile secret recipie system!

or just put the 'cool' recipies on a hard to get crafting discipline! :P

Edited by Tinnis

3 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

there are expandable/collapsible - / + buttons from the look of it - so like so i assume:

ZqbjWiO.gif

@perfectdork re secrets ...looks to path of exile secret recipie system!

or just put the 'cool' recipies on a hard to get crafting discipline! :P

You are fast!

We will cover the ins and outs of the project view as well as other menus in stations that we did not include in today's update, in the near future. It will be good.....sooooo soooo good:)

[Personal Portfolio]