Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crafting Stations and Recipes - Official Discussion Thread

ACE_JackalBark

I love the idea of an "Intermediate" level of weapon. I Think a lot of people will be happy that this option is there once this thing goes live. Better than slag, enough to get you through (think first, or even second campaigns) until your dedicated crafters get their training spooled up.

1 hour ago, Anhrez said:

I am hopeful that this is the case .... but as we have seen so far the values of crafted items vary a lot. Right now with 4 pips I can push garbage in the way of support power so does a healer need me to build them an 'advanced staff' with all the extra needed effort and mats or can they just get buy with an intermediate till passive training takes me farther?

If a non-crafter can make something ok out of White Premium mats (sure without all the options of a crafter) , and I as a crafter starting out only have 4 pips and some huge chances of failure what do I bring to the table for the start of the campaign? 

Until we see some real examples, and understand the 'crafting effort/time spent/ impact of crafting experimentation' I still think it could impact the curve of my relevance?  I guess that is my real concern.

Basic Recipes- No Experimentation.

Intermediate Recipes- These recipes all use new intermediate sub-components that don't have custom stats on them. Can only experiment on PCM and Damage. The point of these recipes is to introduce a new person to Crowfall crafting and not be more than 1 sub-component deep as well as create an upgrade path for all players in the Beachhead.

Advanced Recipes- Can use Alloys for stats. Can use Additives.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

56 minutes ago, armegeddon said:

I love the idea of an "Intermediate" level of weapon. I Think a lot of people will be happy that this option is there once this thing goes live. Better than slag, enough to get you through (think first, or even second campaigns) until your dedicated crafters get their training spooled up.

I think we all agree that intermediate tier is a good adition to crafting. The problem is wheter people without training in the related craft should be able to craft them.

I myself think people without training should use self-made crappy basic gear or look for a crafter.

If i have to choose i would give basic crafting to everyone while making intermediate and advanced crafter-only. The only caveat is making intermediate fairly fast to obtain for those that spend some time in the crafting tree. Even fighters could learn some intermediate crafting stuff if they commit a little to the crafting skill tree.

17 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

Intermediate Recipes- These recipes all use new intermediate sub-components that don't have custom stats on them. Can only experiment on PCM and Damage. The point of these recipes is to introduce a new person to Crowfall crafting and not be more than 1 sub-component deep as well as create an upgrade path for all players in the Beachhead.

This sounds reasonable. The problem is that crafting values are totally broken right now. There are basic weapon that end better than the advanced ones.

So please fix that AND multiply given stats by 10 so that they matter and i think this can work.

Looks pretty good so far. We have to see the implementation though. Is there any thought of players improving the workbenches over Time with mats, and or having crafting amounts advancing a counter by completed works to improve upon the workbenches.  Like over time with completed works the bench gets a plus to it. Making it more valuable over time so that people do not just burn and replace. It could add history to certain places. Like Black Mire was steeped in so much necromancy that the workbench grew into it's awesome and terrible reputation. 

What would happen once a craft is started? If I start a craft, then during the "cooking" timer I get killed. Can anyone remove the crafted item? Is it lost? Is it treated like a local chest and I lose access till I can pick it up? Can it be recovered by the magic tow truck? Is it placed into local storage once complete or any kind of variation on this idea. 

Will you have to have the mats for the craft on your body or will it be able to access the mats from local storage? (More secure)

Will crafting in the forts add to the "win" counters? More so than crafting at a beachhead would do. Let the crafters contribute in the small ways as well as the big. Risk vrs reward. 

9 minutes ago, srathor said:

Looks pretty good so far. We have to see the implementation though. Is there any thought of players improving the workbenches over Time with mats, and or having crafting amounts advancing a counter by completed works to improve upon the workbenches.  Like over time with completed works the bench gets a plus to it. Making it more valuable over time so that people do not just burn and replace. It could add history to certain places. Like Black Mire was steeped in so much necromancy that the workbench grew into it's awesome and terrible reputation. 

Ooh that's interesting. Certain parcel types have a bonus to various crafting trees. And the idea of leveling up crafting benches by upgrading them. Both great additions I'd say. 

Mire / Swamps / Graveyard for Necromancy

Swamps / Herb areas for Alchemy

Mines or mountains for Stoneworking / Blacksmithing 

etc etc

That would give another reason to not just instantly spirit bank materials back to the EK but instead craft in campaign world. And would make an item crafted at a special location all that more valuable and the location itself worth fighting tooth and nail for. The sword crafted in "The Demons Pit" has an extra 20% fire damage, the potion from "Druids Garden" has an extra 25% duration.

Srathor I really can't +1 that idea enough.:D

Edited by Ranik

Shadowbane style advantage / disadvantage disciplines when? ~Yianni 1/21/21

8 hours ago, Scorn said:

Secondary stats are still a big concern of mine. Why bother with +HP/SP/AP if it won't create a noticeable effect?

I think secondary stats in the skill tree should be via percentage not a flat amount. Feel it would be more inpactful and it would help define tanky melee classes a little more over weaker dps classes because ti wont affect there pool as much since lower flat hp amounts. Should help melee classes a little in the process too.

Edit: Would also include things like armor as a % bonus too maybe distance modifier aswell and have Range on equipment a stat that can be increased via certain material (Of course lower base range of most weapons to compensate the increase)

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

7 hours ago, srathor said:

What would happen once a craft is started? If I start a craft, then during the "cooking" timer I get killed. Can anyone remove the crafted item? Is it lost? Is it treated like a local chest and I lose access till I can pick it up? Can it be recovered by the magic tow truck? Is it placed into local storage once complete or any kind of variation on this idea. 

I imagine once it start nothing will affect it unless someone abort the process.

About the storage i would give each crafting table a magic chest that serve as storage where the items are moved to. Player can create their own storage space and give it a password and it can be acessed trough the magic chest at the side.

This password system would enable acess to the storage from any crafting table and from any kind which is something i think should happen. It would also enable a spy/thief gameplay that could be interesting.

It would also need a upkeep to avoid people just creating them for lols. The upkeep could also vary and provide different storage types such as single-player size (not much space), party storage size (good size) and guild size (huge storage size) and who knows maybe even a faction size option.

The only thing to avoid would be people exploiting the global acess to the storage to magically transport items across the Map. To avoid that only items in your acess point (the keep or fort you are in) should be able to be used. Items in other acess points should be viewable though.

I would also not make the crafting stations exclusive to the keep/fort owner. If i can enter the enemy keep i should totally be able to acess the storage and maybe even craft. Perhaps even a bonus if the guy could craft in a hostile place like that or just even a global annoucement to shame the fort owner.

Edited by BarriaKarl

think about it...

using a crafting station will be like using a fire for cooking or a chest...

multiple people can use it at once i assume / hope (esp given how long it can take to run through the craft process...)

or the flip side of this:

whats stopping you trolling your enemy faction with alt accounts by parking inside their beachhead and just opening up all their stations so they can't use them? :P

the form of "factories" may be another thing entirely tho!

Edited by Tinnis

I love where you are taking this.

Game play wise I have the following issue - If all advanced Stations are in the PvP control area than one faction that gets all keeps will completely cut access to advanced crafting to the other factions and thus bringing an imbalance into play. If that is not intended than maybe put Advanced stations in the beach head and allow them to be used when the current factions owns nothing and all forts and keeps have owners. 

The above applies only to faction worlds. The rest can sort it out through politics.

/salute

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro

Will crafting stations only be able to be placed in the specific areas mentioned in the Crafting Station article? Or will they also be able to be placed out in the Ek's? Asking in regards to those RP type servers that might want their other parcels of land to have some character to them.

Crowfall Affiliate link:

http://crowfall.com/register/?affiliateCode=furriousbeardshow

• New registers get into earlier Beta Groups + Store Discount

Discount Code: furriousbeardshow

2 hours ago, Sl33prkeepr said:

Will crafting stations only be able to be placed in the specific areas mentioned in the Crafting Station article? Or will they also be able to be placed out in the Ek's? Asking in regards to those RP type servers that might want their other parcels of land to have some character to them.

Well you can build keeps and forts in your EK's too, so I dont see why they would not be placeable there

28 minutes ago, Gummiel said:

Well you can build keeps and forts in your EK's too, so I dont see why they would not be placeable there

On the live server you will get your ek assets but in test I still think we don't...   even making a cottage takes a crapton of resources, not worth it atm

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

1 hour ago, Gummiel said:

1 hour ago, Frykka said:

On the live server you will get your ek assets but in test I still think we don't...   even making a cottage takes a crapton of resources, not worth it atm

Awesome! Appreciate the info.

Crowfall Affiliate link:

http://crowfall.com/register/?affiliateCode=furriousbeardshow

• New registers get into earlier Beta Groups + Store Discount

Discount Code: furriousbeardshow

On 12/7/2017 at 7:44 PM, thomasblair said:

Skills will need to be changed as I just finished training all the experimentation points and experimentation success chance nodes on basic crafting

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

The biggest problem with crafting right now is it just isn't worth it.

Unless crafting skills are going to increase statistics 100X it doesn't make any real difference in the outcome of a fight.

.o2% chance of something?

1.05 attack power?

etc etc

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

Will these new stations allow us to streamline some of the crafting? Rather than having to build every single individual point, say click on one part and start producing that piece plus all the necessary pieces that parent node piece requires?

On 12/8/2017 at 1:11 AM, srathor said:

Here's a slight modification to the same idea...

I am a (pretty crappy) hobbiest blacksmith in real life.

Over time, blacksmith's both

1.  Make a bunch of improvements to their forge

2.  Manufacture all sorts of weird specialized tools (odd shaped tongs, hardies, jigs, etc.)

From my perspective, the major impact that these improvements have on forging is they dramatically decrease the number of people that are necessary to complete a given job.

If I add a power hammer, I get to dispense with a hammer team

If I add a blower, I no longer need to have someone pumping the bellows

If I have this handy weird shaped tong, I can hold the metal with one hand and swing a hammer with the other.

No doubt, there will be some improvements to the quality of whatever I am crafting as well - If nothing else, the fewer the number of heats that I need to do, the less chance that I will screw something up.  However, the really big advantages are the decreases in man power.

Might be interesting to have this sort of dynamic at play...

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

On 12/7/2017 at 4:44 PM, thomasblair said:

I do realize the need to introduce players who maybe have not thought about the crafting path to some crafting, and the ability to create a 'sink' of premium materials for non-crafters.  

So after talking this out with a few different ppl I am shifting my view from "Don't Like It" to a "Lets Wait and See" the stats of these intermediate crafts and what gap there is from a Day 3 crafter and some untrained PvP killer fumbling at a crafting table.

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png