Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cleric as possible 1vs1 beast?


DeHei
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is it possible to play Cleric as 1vs1 beast in Crowfall?

If someone tested good builds, what disciplines i need to use maybe? Or what i need to use to have a good allround build for support and a bit damage :)

 

Ty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok forget it. I tested this class a bit and he looks like a real good support/heal/tank. Its surely possible to do 1vs1 fights and 1vsX without dying, but its not possible to bring down enemys easy and fast... :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, DeHei said:

Ok forget it. I tested this class a bit and he looks like a real good support/heal/tank. Its surely possible to do 1vs1 fights and 1vsX without dying, but its not possible to bring down enemys easy and fast... :rolleyes:

Which in my opinion is a dangerous combination. Any class that can be considered good in three roles is bad enough but a Healer and a Tank combo really makes me shake my head.

Its really easy to hit heals just make the problem worse. It wouldnt be as much of a problem if he couldnt easily heal while tanking but from what i see only tend wounds (good healing mechanic btw) require some input from the player, the others are all click-and-forget powers.

Thank god its damage is subpar otherwise we really would have a beast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont deal much damage with it. I only slot flash of light and can use weaponattacks.

This is my setup:

Disciplines:

Major: Field Surgeon, Juggernaut,

Weapon: Master of Shields

Minor: Sturdy, Punc Drunk, (random)

In my build i can use 3 heals (Holy Symbol, Tend Wounds and Rehabilitation (from Field Surgeon)) and another healpower with other skills. On first look this looks really strong. I need to farm plate armor now and i am sure, that is really hard to kill me then. Yesterday (remember is my 3th day of playing) i could tank allready 6-7 of this frostcaster mobs (i dont know the name) and bring them all down after a bit time.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haven't had a chance to test much, but I found myself in need of more mobility.   I used shield fighter and the shield whiz passive to give a ranged snare, which I paired with Holy Avenger, getting me a stun.  Thinking of pairing the stun with the chargeable shield bash for some nice damage, since cleric doesn't use alot of stamina otherwise.  You have tools to kite melee, and maybe slot the dodge roll instead of block to catch more mobile enemies.  Should be fun to play around with.  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11.12.2017 at 8:37 PM, DeHei said:

 

I dont deal much damage with it. I only slot flash of light and can use weaponattacks.

This is my setup:

Disciplines:

Major: Field Surgeon, Juggernaut,

Weapon: Master of Shields

Minor: Sturdy, Punc Drunk, (random)

 

decent. field surgeon gives you resource sometimes, sturdy gives you the same.

punch drunk for reset long CD's

but for what you need juggernaut? cleric have best (after druid) resolve with shield. I would like to swap it to something like escaper if you want escape (party-wise) or shield mastery for more tankish things or holy avenger for combo root -> battle chant for some aoe damage (works very well with punch drunk)

 

to the topic starter. cleric - current best in overall aspects class (easy to play, easy to build, strong)

tested it in pve. can tank 3-4 mobs easy without die and kill under ult. for example, some classes can't non stop mob packs. one by one only. templar and cleric can easily. may be myrmidon if they are not CCers.

tested it in pvp. very flexible coz have tank option, heal option, buff option. strongest 1v1, must have in slace/mass pvp.

 

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Endyne said:

Haven't had a chance to test much, but I found myself in need of more mobility.   I used shield fighter and the shield whiz passive to give a ranged snare, which I paired with Holy Avenger, getting me a stun.  Thinking of pairing the stun with the chargeable shield bash for some nice damage, since cleric doesn't use alot of stamina otherwise.  You have tools to kite melee, and maybe slot the dodge roll instead of block to catch more mobile enemies.  Should be fun to play around with.  :)

A stun for what? My little damage dont allow good damage combinations, so why not going more tanky and this allows to play more offensive in total :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DeHei said:

A stun for what? My little damage dont allow good damage combinations, so why not going more tanky and this allows to play more offensive in total :)

Just looking for a good combo to get some solid damage.  The shield bash has a charge time, so no one is gonna stand around and wait for you to build it up.  As I said, I haven't had a chance to test it, so it may not be that great.  Cleric has heals that make them a bit tougher from the outset, so I was building a kit that expanded on CC and hopefully damage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I allready tested a bit and your weaponattacks deal enough damage. Your strength as cleric is your healpower and ressourcemanagment. A stun all 30sec dont will give you more pressure on targets. Its maybe a good thing in groupfights to focus targets, but this 5meter range will not be very helpful again, because on the other hand you allways will be target nr.1 as healer ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Good to know is also that you are able to activate your auras on the harvestingbar allready. So you dont lose it with switching from fightmode to harvest and from harvest to fight :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I just run Holy Avenger because I get to go around quoting Galaxy Quest.  Idgaf if it's useless! xD

The cleric's biggest weakness that I've seen in my limited and lag filled fights has been that they are prone to being kited or rooted + nuked, which is fair.  But ultimately it's not meant to be a 1v1 class at the core of it's design. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11.1.2018 at 12:31 AM, AyeCo said:

I just run Holy Avenger because I get to go around quoting Galaxy Quest.  Idgaf if it's useless! xD

The cleric's biggest weakness that I've seen in my limited and lag filled fights has been that they are prone to being kited or rooted + nuked, which is fair.  But ultimately it's not meant to be a 1v1 class at the core of it's design. 

I never lost any 1vs1 situations with cleric. But its not possible to kill everything with cleric too... you just outheal every class :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

Melee support is a hard life...

 

The class can be built to be powerful in 1v1 depending on your skills and quality of gear but healing the front line in mob fights requires a big hp pool and high defenses because you will be targeted down a lot. Melee support is a unique and challenging role compositions will rely on you as the base

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...