Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Krownedwolf

Looting

I have a suggestion about looting. The materials that you get from say chopping down a tree, the wood gets thrown out into the world. Well while I was in game I ran across another player, we were both mining. Well he grabbed one of my ore pieces and it upset me to know that someone else can pick up the materials that I am mining for.  What if you put in a system that caused the materials that you gather to automatically pop into your inventory say like runescape's gathering system.

NO...

there are many reasons for the doobers to be open loot...   this is a base design decided upon years ago.   Sorry but this won't change...   don't leave your doobers lying about is probably a good rule, like pick them up every pop.   You are probably talking about in a beachhead here in the first place...   in the dangerous wilds your faction players are the least of your worries...   get real, this is about conflict and not about easy pickings.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

I suppose you killed that guy, looted his body and screen-shot'ted his corpse on chat as example? That is how you deal with people who "accidentally" takes your stuff, or maybe is just me who does this.

There was a lot of talk about about collecting doobers in the past. Nowadays people already got used to it. Harverst with trustworthy people and keep a eye in any epic or orange drop just to be sure.

I like this system. Its a good possibility to be save from looting, when this system gives the looter just few seconds until the dead body of a player will resurrect. The other possibility would be an autoloot system. When you will be killed, you would allways lose everything in 1 sec while your corpse would be autolooted. This is a fair way ;)

simply put resources are supposed to be places of conflict, since they are so vital to equipping your army of players, and the doopers from harvesting is one way to ensure this

That other player was of the same faction. Well I can see why the doopers would be there now. What about putting a 30 sec timer on the dooper to where the person who mines it can pick it up in said time and if not picked up in said time others are then freely welcome to it. It is just a pain for someone who's FPS is really low (10-15) compared to someone who is in the 40-60 FPS rate.

Edited by Krownedwolf

There are thousands of games out there that let you harvest without being griefed. This is not one of them.

This is a game of conflict and resources are everything. They should be fought over, even if its on the same faction as you. We don't need carebear systems in a PVP Throne Simulator. The war for the Throne is dirty and rough.