Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Pre-Alpha 5 Live! for December - Official Discussion Thread

one of the most informative live-streams we have had in a while. It addressed many of my questions and some concerns and then added some a few new concerns, but any good update does that I suspect. My selfish list 

• Intermediate recipes - Only weapons and using billets so limited impact overall on crafting. We heard Alchemy, Jewelcrafting and Runecrafting will not have these tween-step recipe options so not impact-full to many of the crafters
  • Toxins are crafted and slotted - So as long as not a melee attack should see application. Bow Assassin is a real thing
  • Armor has had another sweeping change- Resist plate > mail > leather   DPS leather > mail > plate   Health plate > mail > leather  and a D Stone can now allow you to equip an armor beyond your default but only allows one movement up or down the path. Mail to Plate Leather to Mail, etc
  • Adding more sub-components to Armor-Smithing (why is this still under blacksmithing? Why not split weapons and armor) - if we did not already have a ridiculous amount of complexity and material management to address now we have one more sub-component in Armor. How is this going to impact blueprinting and factories? how may blueprints will I need to make my finished piece of Armor? 
  • More Quiver types in - So the team addressed the complexity of arrow types and those should be able to have matching quivers made
  • A shift in the trees for Hides -simplification of sorts. hides will be of a type not based on an animal type.  Flexible, hard versus Bear, Cat

Edited by Anhrez

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

No one wants the boring patch notes readings. Q&A is what we want. Honest feedback and answers on ALL the questions we have. Not Blair cherry picking questions he is not willing to answers. It feels like you are hiding some things. Try to answer them all. Give us Suze. We loved her grilling Blair and making him sweat. Why? We finally got the answers we were looking for.

Loved seeing Gordon last stream as well. He is brutal and honest. His down to earth, non-marketing answers is what I like and want to see.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

18 minutes ago, Caenth said:

No one wants the boring patch notes readings.....

On the plus side, the patch notes for the last few weeks have been like 4 lines each with the same known issues... so maybe it will be 95% Q&A.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

star-trek-mind-blown.gif?fit=250,197&ssl

Pretty much my reaction to the armor normalization. Armor is already a pita to make, making all the armor sets a pita seems counter productive. Anything that quickens the harvesting / gear grind and gets people into the action faster is a plus for the game, this? Not so much.

Armour Changes:

I like the changes you made to the armour, what i don't like is gating these things behind passives or minors (please clarify if we need to burn a minor disc AND passive, or just a minor disc).  What happened to armour for all?

Putting on the plate or chain armour as a leather wearer we are already going to be giving up damage to change our mitigations.  Do we now also have to give up even MORE dmg or healing with giving up minors and or passives?

Are you doing away with the baked in mitigations we are currently getting?

Is making armour going to become tedious?

Edited by Destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Man, patch note reading for upcoming patches are always so much better than those for current builds. :lol:

Thank you for the revision in regards to armor mitigation changes, but I'm still pretty meh on requiring disciplines to use your class' "non-default" armor; seems convoluted for no gain.

Can't wait to see Assassins in action. ??

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

Blair you do not get to steal my

giphy.gif

I was trying to ask about the Basic skills that then add to the advanced skills in a ratio. Right now in 5.3 You can get 4 nodes. When you complete these nodes they add up to .80 of a pip in your advanced crafting abilities. (Experimentation pips that is.)

So if I have 8 pips of leatherworking trained and I get the basic experimentation points nodes done to give me a boost. I never see the boost. It adds up to .80 of a training pip. We need a 5th node for basics experimentation training or for you to change the ratio so it adds up to a full pip. 
unknown.png?width=880&height=495

7 minutes ago, srathor said:

Blair you do not get to steal my

giphy.gif

I was trying to ask about the Basic skills that then add to the advanced skills in a ratio. Right now in 5.3 You can get 4 nodes. When you complete these nodes they add up to .80 of a pip in your advanced crafting abilities. (Experimentation pips that is.)

So if I have 8 pips of leatherworking trained and I get the basic experimentation points nodes done to give me a boost. I never see the boost. It adds up to .80 of a training pip. We need a 5th node for basics experimentation training or for you to change the ratio so it adds up to a full pip. 
unknown.png?width=880&height=495

ya this 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

With the upcoming Leather, Armor,  and Skill tree training will we see wipes for 5.4 when it lands on the Test server?  I expect a spirit bank wipe will happen but will we get a skill tree wipe for the deep skinning tree change?

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

Or we could go with I have had 5 weeks in 5.3 and action harvesting. 

I still do not like how gathering in Crowfall makes me feel.  It is an unfun grind. A chore. With ACTION HARVESTING!. Bang.! Pow!
Weak points let you break the node slightly faster.  Yay!. You still get poorly made socks returns. 100+ nodes to get the mats to make something harder to make. At least 15-20 seconds per node. In a war zone.  While going through 4-5 tools. All which require their own mats. 

To gather up 480+ pieces to make a poorly made socks statted peice of gear.  That takes an hour to make, and 10 deaths no matter how much durability you roll amazing on will still destroy that poorly made socks piece of gear. 

If the doing of all these things are not fun you end up with an unfun game. The base that you have built for your game, the foundation that it all rest on, is unfun.
A chore.
Poorly tuned. 
A time waster.
Great idea, poor implementation. 
a logistical nightmare.
Bad.

I am sure I can come up with some more ways to describe it.  But I tihnk you get the idea. 

Listen to the people who play your game.

Edited by srathor

Also with the release of 5.4 with a new class does this mean we might lose backer entitlement on Test once 5.4 hits that server?  Previously for 5.3 the Test server entitlement was rolled back to PA 1 + 2 and soon after Alpha 1.

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall