Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nehemia

Word Filters, Really?

Palin, IMO...

That's custarded up.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

As long as they make the filter optional for the guild discussion boards, I don't care.

This is surprising? Really? All gaming companies that have forums have profanity filters. Non issue IMO.

This is not true though. The Darkfall forums allow all (or almost all) profanity and always have.

Well, so guys, this is actually a good thing imho. Just like cash said, you won't be getting warning points for attacking someone with profanity right? But also, now you can "technically" get away with using it in your post. Because everyone will know what you truly mean when you say "You are an unpleasant person." 

and what if I really want to tell someone they are an unpleasant person?! Everyone is gonna think I'm calling him a**hole.. Good old Forumfall1.0 didn't have this poorly made socks and we got along just fine. Stop limiting my range of expression, it's oppressive.

Member of The BlackHand Order

If only it could filter tears, lol.  Complaining about such a non-issue makes me laugh, though ;)

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

If only it could filter tears, lol.  Complaining about such a non-issue makes me laugh, though ;)

I'm not being entirely serious if that's not evident from my posts ;) Though it does bother just a little bit!

I've never seen one just change the word to something else other than *********, though!

The Something Awful forums use word substitution for their profanity filter. The f-word gets changed to "love/loving/lover" for instance. It has a tendency to make you sound more pleasant the more you swear.

The Something Awful forums use word substitution for their profanity filter. The f-word gets changed to "love/loving/lover" for instance. It has a tendency to make you sound more pleasant the more you swear.

That's hysterical.  I want that filter everywhere!

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Hilarious! I love the idea. 

Reminds me of a Southern insult: Bless your/his/her little heart. 

Edited by iridianshadowweaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

"Bless his/her/their heart" is the equivalent of saying "I'm not racist but" before you slander someone/group of people.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

"Bless his/her/their heart" is the equivalent of saying "I'm not racist but" before you slander someone/group of people.

Bless your little heart means "**** you" and various other ungentle suggestions  in Southern Lady speak.  

I've never known the phrase to carry a racial connotation, although I have heard people use it as an introduction to slanderous gossip about one's neighbor, cousin, preacher, etc.  

Usage: Bless your little heart, honey, it's just lovely to see you. 

x fans self x sips tea x

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Hilarious! I love the idea. 

Reminds me of a Southern insult: Bless your/his/her little heart. 

I use that one a great many times. And most people don't get it. They think it's a compliment. 

Bless your little heart means "**** you" and various other ungentle suggestions  in Southern Lady speak.  

I've never known the phrase to carry a racial connotation, although I have heard people use it as an introduction to slanderous gossip about one's neighbor, cousin, preacher, etc.  

Usage: Bless your little heart, honey, it's just lovely to see you. 

x fans self x sips tea x

You southerners are awfully backwards about insulting people! lol, if I hadn't read it here I wouldn't have had a clue what was going on if I was being insulted like that.

I hope Tully gets some of their ideas and uses it on here!

You southerners are awfully backwards about insulting people! lol, if I hadn't read it here I wouldn't have had a clue what was going on if I was being insulted like that.

Oh, Southern insults are a refined art, especially among the ladies and gentlemen of high falutinousness. It is absolutely vital that the subject of the insult thinks he or she has been treated with courtesy and regard. Vicious, really. 

One of the first skills one must learn as a transplant to the South is how to read the level of hate simmering beneath the surface of some of the most seemingly delightful people. Survival 101.

Edited by iridianshadowweaver