Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nehemia

Word Filters, Really?

If you need swear words to seem tough and powerful on the Internet, you might actually be a scrub.

Sounds like you're the scrub. Time to get good and learn to forumbane.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

If you need swear words to seem tough and powerful on the Internet, you might actually be a scrub.

Anyone that thinks swearing is about sounding tough and powerful needs a serious reality check, scrub.

Also I found 2 new ones as well! Ass and %+@!$#?&*^!

Member of The BlackHand Order

you americans need to get over your issues with profanity.

I'm not sure if the locals here even use a term "profanity" around here anymore, it's been what, 6 years since I've last heard it in Finnish.

I'm not sure if the locals here even use a term "profanity" around here anymore, it's been what, 6 years since I've last heard it in Finnish.

Finnish swear words are amazing. So many hard consonants and rolled r's.

Also, found a new one: butterfly. Notable in the phrase "the arrow passed through a butterfly in his armor."

Edited by txteclipse

Oh, Southern insults are a refined art, especially among the ladies and gentlemen of high falutinousness. It is absolutely vital that the subject of the insult thinks he or she has been treated with courtesy and regard. Vicious, really. 

One of the first skills one must learn as a transplant to the South is how to read the level of hate simmering beneath the surface of some of the most seemingly delightful people. Survival 101.

Oh, I learned this right quick like.   And learned to use it :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

butterfly? Ah well damn, soon it's going to be a freaking struggle just trying to figure out what people are talking about.. it already looks beyond ridiculous in many posts..

Edited by Zushakon

Report:

The short word for "forced sexual encounter" = "Caress" in the filter. This is not acceptable. 

I'm not being funny in the least. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Lol. I like the filter. It shows the devs have a creative way with words and a sense of humor. I laugh whenever i see someone trying to be vulgar and childish say something like im gonna fluffy bunny your rainbow instead. It will either make us broaden our language skills and speak like adults or they will make us look like the child we are inside if we dont lol. Those devious devs. How subtle they are.

ummm...to be fair...

the whole "I'm gonna fluffy bunny you right in the cupcake until the sprinkles shoot out of your nose...is my fault...

NOT the filter....

it's a long standing Joke among the SB crowd about filters and how they can be used...shall we say, creatively?

the filters are there for a reason....if you have actual Questions or problems, might i suggest an email to support@crowfall.com to get it in front of the Powers that Be for proper consideration....

this has been a public service announcement...had there been a real emergency.....

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Lol. I like the filter. It shows the devs have a creative way with words and a sense of humor. I laugh whenever i see someone trying to be vulgar and childish say something like im gonna fluffy bunny your rainbow instead. It will either make us broaden our language skills and speak like adults or they will make us look like the child we are inside if we dont lol. Those devious devs. How subtle they are.

the only thing that's gonna happen, is that people will use different curse words...whoopdidoo

Oh, the irony is quite tangible here, I can almost touch it. Feels a bit shameless putting down swearing as something that stems from a lacking dictionary and childishness while composing your sentences like a 3rd grader. Maybe you shouldn't speak of language skills until you've learned to express yourself with a little bit more eloquence. Swearing usually has nothing to do with an inability to say things differently(of course there are exceptions, some people are more or less mentally handicapped and can't end a sentence without a swear word), which you would see if you were a bit more perceptive and prone to critical thinking.. Did you grow up very sheltered? Perhaps you're religious or was raised as such?

I find this attitude to swearing to be pretty much non-existent among Academics(I'm studying for a PhD myself) and most of the intelligent folks I know don't fear bashing something with the proper words when there is cause for it. J Todd seems to be of similar mind as well, as he wrote recently he has to hold back a lot in his forums posts, being an official person and all.

I find this attitude to swearing to be pretty much non-existent among Academics(I'm studying for a PhD myself) and most of the intelligent folks I know don't fear bashing something with the proper words when there is cause for it. J Todd seems to be of similar mind as well, as he wrote recently he has to hold back a lot in his forums posts, being an official person and all.

Potty-mouth Academic here. Most of us curse like sailors, even the ones who look like sweet, dottering old ladies and gentlemen. BUT, the majority of academics are aware of common courtesies when in public spaces. At least until we've had a few rounds at the pub, then well, um. What happens at the pub stays at the pub. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Oh, the irony is quite tangible here, I can almost touch it. Feels a bit shameless putting down swearing as something that stems from a lacking dictionary and childishness while composing your sentences like a 3rd grader. Maybe you shouldn't speak of language skills until you've learned to express yourself with a little bit more eloquence. Swearing usually has nothing to do with an inability to say things differently(of course there are exceptions, some people are more or less mentally handicapped and can't end a sentence without a swear word), which you would see if you were a bit more perceptive and prone to critical thinking.. Did you grow up very sheltered? Perhaps you're religious or was raised as such?

lol. I am well aware my grammar, punctation, spelling, and capitolization are atrocious. I did not claim to be an academic. I did include myself in the original post with the usage of the words "us" and "we". I was only refferring to swearing and what the filter does to it. Because the filteration seems to entertain my simple mind. I am subbed to a few threads. I get emails of the posts before they are hit with the filter systwm. Many posts go from childish and vulgar to childish and down right hilarious. Atleast to my simplton mind. :) oh wait. Did i say that already? Yeah. No phd hiding in my back pocket. Thats for sure.