Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nehemia

Word Filters, Really?

player ?

Oh.. well that's interesting, but I can't see the why of it..

That one is strictly for the lulz. People need to take a break from using that card just because someone says something they don't agree with.

It is my duty to cleanse this land of the unworthy. It is my goal to make this world burn. Your tainted flesh shall kindle the flames.

smf_banner_copy4_copy.jpg

OK, this is getting a bit out of hand.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Yeah but you just look like an idiot typing like that.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Yeah but you just look like an idiot typing like that.

Yes, but he looks like less of an idiot than if it looked like he wrote "poorly made socksty custard bubble guzzling player unpleasant person moderators".

Yes, but he looks like less of an idiot than if it looked like he wrote "poorly made socksty custard bubble guzzling player unpleasant person moderators".

I disagree.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Well, so guys, this is actually a good thing imho. Just like cash said, you won't be getting warning points for attacking someone with profanity right? But also, now you can "technically" get away with using it in your post. Because everyone will know what you truly mean when you say "You are an unpleasant person." 

I'm still waiting on the logic of not allowing us to toggle the filter on/off at our leisure. That still confuses the poorly made socks out of me. How are we not allowed to determine for ourselves if we're offended by being called a cocksucker?

EDIT: LOLWTF seriously?

Edited by drenath-x-

2eyfm20.jpg

Tr@lls as they relate to fantasy games, are a monster type along with Goblins, Orcs, and Ogres... it's kind of unconducive to fantasy conversation.

Reminds me of Nintendo blocking players from writing Pokemon names because they have words in them... Like Sharpedo... because it has pedo in it... they went as far as blocking Pokemon names which had stuff that could be construed as vulgar in langugages outside your own country just to take it way overboard >.>

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

If they censor Carebear then we will have truly lost the war.

Edited by checkyotrack

SWrkfdj.jpg

As long as i can say "suck my beard you god damn elves" then im happy.

Is that custard in your beard...?  Or did we just find out why you hate elves so much?

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Blood Elves outnumber orcs and trolls combined in the Horde. That alone is enough to hate elves for the rest of the year.

I remember when the Horde was a place for DECENT folk.  Not tweens and ERP-ers having 'private' chats in the middle of Thunder Bluff.  *shudders*  It was all over when the Horde was given a 'pretty' race.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

ummm...to be fair...

the whole "I'm gonna fluffy bunny you right in the cupcake until the sprinkles shoot out of your nose...is my fault...

NOT the filter....

it's a long standing Joke among the SB crowd about filters and how they can be used...shall we say, creatively?

the filters are there for a reason....if you have actual Questions or problems, might i suggest an email to support@crowfall.com to get it in front of the Powers that Be for proper consideration....

this has been a public service announcement...had there been a real emergency.....

You've changed since you became moderator.

the only thing that's gonna happen, is that people will use different curse words...whoopdidoo

That is exactly what will happen.  This has been done a thousand times before.  What surprises me is that those you call "Carebears", and who are on here supporting this tripe, are the same people who have played a game that gets heavily censored, and people go around those filters, so there's more censoring, more going around filters, more censoring, and everyone bitches about it, but now they want that ALL OVER AGAIN?  Seriously people?

Oh, the irony is quite tangible here, I can almost touch it. Feels a bit shameless putting down swearing as something that stems from a lacking dictionary and childishness while composing your sentences like a 3rd grader. Maybe you shouldn't speak of language skills until you've learned to express yourself with a little bit more eloquence. Swearing usually has nothing to do with an inability to say things differently(of course there are exceptions, some people are more or less mentally handicapped and can't end a sentence without a swear word), which you would see if you were a bit more perceptive and prone to critical thinking.. Did you grow up very sheltered? Perhaps you're religious or was raised as such?

I find this attitude to swearing to be pretty much non-existent among Academics(I'm studying for a PhD myself) and most of the intelligent folks I know don't fear bashing something with the proper words when there is cause for it. J Todd seems to be of similar mind as well, as he wrote recently he has to hold back a lot in his forums posts, being an official person and all.

This is what a lot of people fail to understand.  It's lazy and easy to say that cursing is "not using your brain", and that you are somehow less of a person for doing so.  The fact is, if words bother you that much, it is you (general "you") who are lacking in intellect.

custard this poorly made socks.

Before I found this thread, I just got done reading someone's response to one of the devs about guild support, and the word "socks" showed up a few times.  I had NO DAMN CLUE WHAT THE PERSON WAS SAYING.  This filter makes things worse, not better.

Either way it's annoying as f*ck..

Preach.

I mean come on, who wants to be unpleasant?

Yahtzee ^_^

As for the filter itself:

1. Replace every curse with the same word (like the gw2 kitten filter) so when people see it they know it was the filter.
  2. Make it togglable with the default set to on.
  3. ???
  4. Rule the world.