Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nehemia

Word Filters, Really?

Profanity has myriad uses beyond insults or criticism.

Of which you can still find other vocabulary to use that expresses yourself just as excitedly or forcefully as you would have otherwise.

As I said in another post, why can't I say "sh.it" if the game features whores and piss?

.Excrement is a lovely word as well.  Or fecal matter, refuse, defecation (another good one), excretion, etc.

Between dreams and reality.

Lantern Watch

Either on the crowfall.com or some where else. I'd like to see a place where we can be treated like adults and not have a profanity filter forced on us.

That is what private boards are for. My own gaming communities boards are unfiltered, unmoderated and you can say whatever the $&@#% you want! I would imagine most private boards are the same.

That is what private boards are for. My own gaming communities boards are unfiltered, unmoderated and you can say whatever the $&@#% you want! I would imagine most private boards are the same.

Of course, but it's nice to have a common place for all players of all guilds.

I finally win the war on moderation and you guys want more and more leeway. Be happy with what you got for now sockheads.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

If people want to be treated like adults, perhaps they should act like adults.  Just a wild idea I'm throwing out there.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

If people want to be treated like adults, perhaps they should act like adults. Just a wild idea I'm throwing out there.

Lol I have to an act an adult in real life like hell I'm gonna do it here.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

If people want to be treated like adults, perhaps they should act like adults.  Just a wild idea I'm throwing out there.

The "holier than thou" attitude slays me.  Many of us were prior military...you know, where adults lay their lives on the line for everyone in the country?  We swore up and down, left and right.  According to you, we were not "adults".  Please.

I don't know what the military has to do with any of this.

Edited by checkyotrack

SWrkfdj.jpg

I'm not sure what that has to do with the subject at hand.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I know a couple people who served in the military who act like complete spoiled children, and a lot more who don't.  One has nothing to do with the other.  Expecting an adult to act with rationality and maturity is something I'd do regardless of profession.  Just because you served does not automatically accord you automatic respect and deference, and the fact that you were so easily offended by some light ribbing on something completely unrelated speaks volumes about your sense of entitlement and thin skin, doesn't it?

I make it a habit to thank people who served, so, thank you for your service.

Semper cry.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

So you completely missed the point that many adults swear, and it doesn't mean that they aren't "acting adult", and military people were used as an example?  Really?  You failed to comprehend?

Yeah, I don't understand the need to turn a discussion about profanity into some spiel about about "putting your life on the line for then country". That in itself is rather childish.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I'm 50/50 on this. On one hand, it would be more freeing to say whatever we want, but on the other hand, there will be those users who won't stop swearing.

I swear like a sailor in real life ... might have something to do with growing up on a farm in the midwest and being a heavy haul truck driver though .. LOL

I feel so shackled here on the forums now ... I have a feeling I will get some warnings eventually