Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

More on Crowns & Guilds - Official Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Destrin said:

Who's to stop Mr. Guild Leader from using that Wallet on stuff for him/her self?  "That new nightmare mount looks nice"... CHA CHING! This little feature could be disastrously explosive to some guilds.

Well, you need to earn your trust as a (guild) leader. My members trust me in regard of finances. I've proven to the members they can trust me more than a few times by now. Transparency is key to gain trust. Especially where money is involved.


ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kreigon said:

That would mean that euro users have to pay 18% more for "crowns" than Dollar users, that is NOT acceptable !!! Please consider a fair Price policy for euro users !!!  18% more is unfair !!!

It's called VAT. 18% is 3% less then we have to pay in the Netherlands.


ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Caenth said:

Well, you need to earn your trust as a (guild) leader. My members trust me in regard of finances. I've proven to the members they can trust me more than a few times by now. Transparency is key to gain trust. Especially where money is involved.

Absolutely.  I am not saying you or any other guild leader i know that is in CF would do this... But you can bet your ass that this feature will ruin some friendships and explode guilds... and we will all watch, point, and laugh.


"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tbh though crowfall is a game where i don't really see 'new guilds' forming organically only from within the game itself (good luck typing and running! and all the creation and management takes place outside on the website anyway)


caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Destrin said:

Absolutely.  I am not saying you or any other guild leader i know that is in CF would do this... But you can bet your ass that this feature will ruin some friendships and explode guilds... and we will all watch, point, and laugh.

Totally. But I can't be sad about players trusting the wrong people. You learn by making mistakes I guess!


ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

In early 2018, we’ll be introducing crowns, our micro-transaction currency. This mechanic here is pretty standard for online games: the base price for crowns will start $5 USD or €5 EUR for 500 crowns. As you purchase larger quantities of crowns, the rate will be discounted. For example, at $10 or €10 there will be a 10% discount, ranging up to a 35% discount when you buy $99 or €99 of crowns.

Google tells me that 5 dollar equals 4.23 euro so you guys basically are overcharging euro people by an austounding amount of 20%.

"But it is less than 1 euro, can you stop being such a miser?" - you might say.

I cant see guilds expending 5 bucks and calling it a day. I believe even the guilds that dont wanna get involved with the cashshop will spend from 50-100 when they do touch the store. So that 1 euro can easily become 10, 20 or 50.

I can see why you guys picked 5 EUR since 4.23 is a weird number plus the constant change that exist in this type of conversion but if you guys want to keep a integer value for simplicity i suggest lowering the price to €4 EUR. You guys might lose some money but it is certainly better than being seen overcharging stuff in plain daylight.

Or just go with: $5 USD or €4.50 EUR for 500 crowns.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Google tells me that 5 dollar equals 4.23 euro so you guys basically are overcharging euro people by an austounding amount of 20%.

"But it is less than 1 euro, can you stop being such a miser?" - you might say.

I cant see guilds expending 5 bucks and calling it a day. I believe even the guilds that dont wanna get involved with the cashshop will spend from 50-100 when they do touch the store. So that 1 euro can easily become 10, 20 or 50.

I can see why you guys picked 5 EUR since 4.23 is a weird number plus the constant change that exist in this type of conversion but if you guys want to keep a integer value for simplicity i suggest lowering the price to €4 EUR. You guys might lose some money but it is certainly better than being seeing overcharging stuff in plain daylight.

Or just go with: $5 USD or €4.50 EUR for 500 crowns.

Another solution would be to keep the crown packs at 5$ and €5 but give a slightly higher amount of crowns for the €5. Since the crows are both a higher count than the money charged and they are a virtual good solely, I would imagine this being a far easier approach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

oogle tells me that 5 dollar equals 4.23 euro so you guys basically are overcharging euro people by an austounding amount of 20%.

I know that prices listed in US are always (or mostly?) without VAT. In Europe you need to include VAT within your prices that you are listing! I know this sounds alien to you.

So, 4.23 x 21% VAT = 5.12 EUR. Now we have to pay 5 EUR for it. We're getting a bargain.


ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Caenth said:

I know that prices listed in US are always (or mostly?) without VAT. In Europe you need to include VAT within your prices that you are listing! I know this sounds alien to you.

So, 4.23 x 21% VAT = 5.12 EUR. Now we have to pay 5 EUR for it. We're getting a bargain.

Oh, i had no idea.

You're cool ACE. It is my bad this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, threash said:

Hi, any word on how the hell i can turn my hundreds of wallet dollars back into vip tickets?

You can buy VIP in the store. It can be found in the Merchandise section.

You should do it this month, before your wallet funds get converted to crowns.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jah said:

You can buy VIP in the store. It can be found in the Merchandise section.

You should do it this month, before your wallet funds get converted to crowns.

Problem is if you are European you can't do that, we literally are unable to (and have been for a long time)  access our store credit and will be until the crowns go live

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gummiel said:

Problem is if you are European you can't do that, we literally are unable to (and have been for a long time)  access our store credit and will be until the crowns go live

Oh, he didn't mention that part. I would suggest emailing support and asking them about that. More likely to get a response than posting on the forums.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gummiel said:

Problem is if you are European you can't do that, we literally are unable to (and have been for a long time)  access our store credit and will be until the crowns go live

 

12 minutes ago, Jah said:

Oh, he didn't mention that part. I would suggest emailing support and asking them about that. More likely to get a response than posting on the forums.

for about a year now...

if only we could still read old news articles... *whoooops*

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

googlefu in lieu of a sensible crowfall web team:

https://web.archive.org/web/20161220210314/http://crowfall.com:80/en/news/store-credit-changes-for-eu/

Quote

Store credit changes incoming

We have some store-related news today -- most of you won’t be affected, unless you are one of the few European players who have “credit” in your digital wallet.

It has come to our attention that we need to make a change to our digital store. If you’ll recall, earlier this year we signed a partnership agreement with Travian Games to help us bring Crowfall to Europe.

An interesting side-effect of having an official “presence” in Europe is that we can no longer allow people to have in store “credit” in real-world currency.  (EU laws don’t allow you to hold on to real-world currency unless you are a bank!)

What does this mean for you?

For the overwhelming majority of you, nothing. In our community of 34,000 backers, less than 15% live outside of the U.S.  Of those, only those who (1) live in Europe, and (2) have stored credit on their account will be affected.

For those that ARE affected, we need to do what most MMO companies do: convert this credit into some kind of in-game currency that can be used to purchase things from the store. We aren’t quite ready to do that yet (adding a digital currency to our store is a non-trivial amount of work!), so as we move towards that, here is the order-of-events:

    On Monday, December 19, we will be disabling the ability to add stored credit to your wallet and locking all European digital wallets until the in-game currency can be added to the website.
    Once the digital currency is online, we will automatically convert your credit into digital currency.
    At which point, you’ll be able to use that currency to buy items in the store, just as before.

To be EXCEEDINGLY clear:  you will NOT lose your store credit!  We apologize for the temporary hold on your ability to purchase things with existing credit, but please understand that it isn’t something we have a lot of control over. Our only other option is to be out of compliance with European law while we develop our digital currency system, and that doesn’t seem like a good idea.

We’ll keep you updated on the progress here, but it is likely to be a few months before we implement it. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience.

If you have questions about this, please see the Crowfall.com forums, or you can contact customer support:

In Europe, Brazil and the MENA region, email them to us at crowfall@traviangames.com 

In the US, Canada and Mexico, email them to us at: support@crowfall.com

STORED CREDIT FAQ

Q: Will I lose my stored credit?
A: No, but if you live in Europe, then it will be converted to the in-game currency.

Q: When will the in-game currency be implemented?
A: The best answer we can give you right now is: sometime between now and launch (in 2017).  It is a priority, so hopefully sooner rather than later.

Q: Can I get a refund of my stored credit, instead?
A: Unfortunately, no.  The vast majority of stored credit that exists was not created by people putting real cash in their wallets.  It was created by people consuming pledge packages and then redeeming some of the items back to the store for credit (often for more credit than the cost of the package!).  Our refund policy is covered in our Terms & Conditions (Terms of Use), and it only covers actual purchases.

Q: What will the conversion rate be?  For example, $1.00 USD of stored credit will be worth how much of the in-game currency?
A: We have not decided what the conversion rate will be at this point.  As with all our designs, we like to have them iterated in our internal testing before releasing details.  Rest assured that we will convert store credit at the best rate possible, and fractional amounts will be rounded up (i.e. in your favor).

 

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...