Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

More on Crowns & Guilds - Official Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Can you give us some background explanation on why you are limiting guild creation during alpha and beta to only groups that pay $40?

I can see why guilds would need to pay for the bonus crown program, but why discourage players from forming guilds in-game during testing phases?


tiPrpwh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So are crowns earnable in game ? Are they transferable other than to a guild wallet from the real money store? How easy is it to buy a mountain citadel with crowns ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long do you have to be a member of a guild before the guild wallet gets free crowns? What happens when members leave guild? Does the guild wallet loose the crowns? 

 

How will my current wallet transfer if I have more than $99? Say for example I have $325, how many crowns will I get? Because if I read the post correctly for every $65 I have I get 10,000 crowns. That would mean my wallet would end up with 50,000 crowns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Destrin said:

Absolutely.  I am not saying you or any other guild leader i know that is in CF would do this... But you can bet your ass that this feature will ruin some friendships and explode guilds... and we will all watch, point, and laugh.

That's probably the point in ACE setting things up this way.

Caveat Emptor

@Keagan, the Early bird bonus seems to work like virginity. You only get it once, and if you wait too long, it's less valuable.

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gummiel said:

I might be blind, but seems to me there is no difference in the requirement for the "earliest bird" and "early bird". Am I missing something?

Also I had hoped that your crowns prices would not employ a stupid €1 = $1, cause that is not how the value are between $ and €

if 1 Euro = 1 USD does that also mean 1 AUD will also be equal? Your would get a lot of australian love if it was, some campaign servers planned in the SE asia and Oceania region would also generate a love from this region. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, glad I read that article, I have $375 worth of credit that I have been holding on to, waiting for any sales that might pop up and I was going to use it for buying VIP once the game goes live, but now I won't be able to.  Gonna buy up a ton of VIP months now while I still can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gummiel said:

Problem is if you are European you can't do that, we literally are unable to (and have been for a long time)  access our store credit and will be until the crowns go live

European backers with wallet credits should contact support@crowfall.com and we'll do the exchanges for them, since we're not allowed to give direct access until the wallets turn into crowns.  


Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Keaggan said:

How long do you have to be a member of a guild before the guild wallet gets free crowns? What happens when members leave guild? Does the guild wallet loose the crowns? 

 

How will my current wallet transfer if I have more than $99? Say for example I have $325, how many crowns will I get? Because if I read the post correctly for every $65 I have I get 10,000 crowns. That would mean my wallet would end up with 50,000 crowns. 

On the day Beta and Softlaunch start, we'll put the money the current guild members that are backers and elgible in their guild bank.  It's a one time thing.  Every guild member that is a backer when we start Beta will generate 1k Crowns for the bank.  At the start of Softlaunch, every guild member backer (who didn't already generate a reward at Beta) will generate 500 crowns for their guild bank.

How guild members move is not relevant, it's which guild they are in on those two days, along their backer/non-backer status that matters.

 

 


Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how I feel about this, the whole thing just doesn't sit right.

I wish I could put my finger on what it is that's making me twitch while reading it, there's something just wrong with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SilkyBazaar said:

if 1 Euro = 1 USD does that also mean 1 AUD will also be equal? Your would get a lot of australian love if it was, some campaign servers planned in the SE asia and Oceania region would also generate a love from this region. 

We'll be firing up the Sydney server again soon.  I know the latency sucks when it's not live but we've been trying to concentrate folks for testing recently as we work on scaling up.  I always directly email every backer in AUS/NZ and the rest of the Pacific Rim when we are bringing up the Australian server.


Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Keaggan said:

How will my current wallet transfer if I have more than $99? Say for example I have $325, how many crowns will I get? Because if I read the post correctly for every $65 I have I get 10,000 crowns. That would mean my wallet would end up with 50,000 crowns. 

We will transfer all wallet credits at the highest bonus rate we offer for Crowns which is 35% extra crowns, regardless of wallet size.  So if you had $1 of wallet credit you get 135 Crowns, $10 becomes 1,350 Crowns, $100 results 13,500 Crowns, etc...   Your $325 x 135 = 43,875 Crowns


Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, miraluna said:

Can you give us some background explanation on why you are limiting guild creation during alpha and beta to only groups that pay $40?

I can see why guilds would need to pay for the bonus crown program, but why discourage players from forming guilds in-game during testing phases?

It's a byproduct of making the creation of guilds/early reservation of guild names a Kickstarter/crowdfunding reward.

Just like our early testing is backer-only, creating guilds before the game is launched and persistent is something we want to limit to the committed folks who are helping us get the game created.  The idea, just like testing the game itself, is for the entry-level price to continue going down over time... in this case, it will eventually go from real world to in-game currency.

This was also one of the reasons that we decided to do that Guild Promotion; it gives the early guilds back a significant amount of Crowns to offset these costs after recruiting a few new players (or existing members of our community).  We do want our early backers to start and run effective guilds.

If we weren't and independent company and a crowdfunded game, it's very likely we'd have approached this differently.  And you do make an excellent point; guilds are great for the game so eventually we want to remove barriers to new guilds being formed!

 


Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are items in lay away treated? Are these still paid off in dollars or crowns? If this question has been answered then don’t bother. I’m mobile and will have a chance to read over the tread later. Thanks. 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's just me but I feel that is a reversal of how it should be, your backers who have paid say $100+ (the amount doesn't really matter tbh) should be getting the Guild benefits for free, that $40 feels more like a slap in the face to me. We've discussed it in guild and no one is on board with paying more for a basic feature. If anything it has turned away a few members that were on the fence if they should buy in now or just wait for release. 

It's nice that you guys are willing to give the crowns away to offset but the reality is many people have backed already, we are committed even if we don't always agree with everything, putting a price on something like guild names which in turn is the only way to take advantage of this bonus doesn't say "Thank You for your support" to me.

 

Edited by Apok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tyrant I appreciate your attempt to explain this micro-transaction. I think it's worth pointing out, however, that your decision to sell micro-transaction guilds is causing a negative backlash in the potential-Crowfall customers you will eventually be pursuing with marketing for launch. Just to give you an idea of a few comments I found on the net... almost entirely all negative...

unknown.png

 

I think your immediate challenge is items that won't appear at launch (guild creation for starters) that give off a "being micro-transactioned to death" vibe. Your store doesn't include a note that this purchase will be discontinued at launch and replaced with in-game currency. It needs to. 

Otherwise; the above opinions are going to keep flooding in, chasing away players who are absolutely sick of EA's loot box model (not that this is what that is). 

If any of you watch the news, you know that companies and people are accused, tried and convicted in the court of public opinion these days. There is no time to have a reasonable conversation where one side gets to defend its actions with logic and facts. You are guilty the moment something appears offensive to someone. 

Selling guild registrations is just such an item. I don't buy Gordon's line of reasoning, 

Quote

Just like our early testing is backer-only, creating guilds before the game is launched and persistent is something we want to limit to the committed folks who are helping us get the game created. 

 

The question to this, is why? Why is guild creation something you want to limit to people who helped make this game? Many of them already got rewarded for doing so because their package included this. Are you saying the people who backed and didn't get guild reservation options, didn't help make this game? Why does anyone who helped make this game a reality need to spend an additional $40 to get this "nice gesture" back from you for supporting you?

None of this makes sense to me and I really tried to understand it.

Edited by Scree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tark said:

How are items in lay away treated? Are these still paid off in dollars or crowns? If this question has been answered then don’t bother. I’m mobile and will have a chance to read over the tread later. Thanks. 

Most people are not going to be affected by this, as there are <600 people with <$190k in outstanding layaways, in total <5% of our crowdfunding to date.  That said, we were happy to offer this (nearly unique at the time) option to our backers as we know it helped some people get access to the package/item they wanted by spreading out the payments.

We'll switch all remaining layaway balances to Crowns when the Crown store launches.  The Crowns owed will be equivalent to what you could purchase the product for if you paid the cash balance left (people won't get any additional discount for paying in Crowns on your balance, that wouldn't be fair to the people who already purchased items just like the ones in layaway).  So if you owe $25 the Crowns needed will be what you would purchase for $25, if you owe $100 or more the balance will be the Crowns you could purchase at the $100 level. 

Layaway will be retired at the end of the year, since no item in our store will exceed $200/Euros then.

 


Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scree said:

@Tyrant I appreciate your attempt to explain this micro-transaction. I think it's worth pointing out, however, that your decision to sell micro-transaction guilds is causing a negative backlash in the potential-Crowfall customers you will eventually be pursuing with marketing for launch. Just to give you an idea of a few comments I found on the net... almost entirely all negative...

unknown.png

 

I think your immediate challenge is items that won't appear at launch (guild creation for starters) that give off a "being micro-transactioned to death" vibe. Your store doesn't include a note that this purchase will be discontinued at launch and replaced with in-game currency. It needs to. 

Otherwise; the above opinions are going to keep flooding in, chasing away players who are absolutely sick of EA's loot box model (not that this is what that is). 

If any of you watch the news, you know that companies and people are accused, tried and convicted in the court of public opinion these days. There is no time to have a reasonable conversation where one side gets to defend its actions with logic and facts. You are guilty the moment something appears offensive to someone. 

Selling guild registrations is just such an item. I don't buy Gordon's line of reasoning, 

The question to this, is why? Why is guild creation something you want to limit to people who helped make this game? Many of them already got rewarded for doing so because their package included this. Are you saying the people who backed and didn't get guild reservation options, didn't help make this game? Why does anyone who helped make this game a reality need to spend an additional $40 to get this "nice gesture" back from you for supporting you?

None of this makes sense to me and I really tried to understand it.

You just didn’t understand his above statement. Let me simplyfy it for you. They screwed up with KS  /2016 packages that offered guild reservation/creation.  If they were to make everything free now they would need to do a massive grant to all those backers that purchased it. Instead they are keeping the price they assigned $40 it but are giving away free money with every member added to the guild($10 crowns earliest) ... so essentially it is free after 4 members join your guild.


Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YouTubejasonwivart said:

You just didn’t understand his above statement. Let me simplyfy it for you. They screwed up with KS  /2016 packages that offered guild reservation/creation.  If they were to make everything free now they would need to do a massive grant to all those backers that purchased it. Instead they are keeping the price they assigned $40 it but are giving away free money with every member added to the guild($10 crowns earliest) ... so essentially it is free after 4 members join your guild.

I am sure they could come up with a proper replacement for those backers, just like with the character slots they had promised before, they went to the crow/vessel system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...