Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You Get NOTHING!


srathor
 Share

Recommended Posts

I lost not only a Bow Riser ... which was painful as its made of of many small sub-components but I then recrafted another one ... had to reset another set of Crafting Pots then failed on the Compound Bow .... this is with full pots and non-stop training to date in crafting line only.

Painful ..... 

Hell even Philo Solution have Gunk as a result of a bad combine ... where is our Gunk for failed crafts???

 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Scorn said:

I'm at 30/32 successes so far...
This luck based crafting is such a mess

“This doesn’t effect me so I don’t care”. It’s not the 30 successes that are a problem, it’s the failures that an potentially waste hours worth of time that are. Someone who is new that decided to go out and harvest for an hour to make s slag weapon only to fail will mostly likely quit. Hell, I’ve had people who are use to it  that quit for the night.

id like you to come up with a valid argument as to why critical failure on final combine should exist, caught right now its “it doesn’t happen to me do I don’t care.”

Edited by izkimar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, izkimar said:

“This doesn’t effect me so I don’t care”. It’s not the 30 successes that are a problem, it’s the failures that an potentially waste hours worth of time that are. Someone who is new that decided to go out and harvest for an hour to make s slag weapon only to fail will mostly likely quit. Hell, I’ve had people who are use to it  that quit for the night.

id like you to come up with a valid argument as to why critical failure on final combine should exist, caught right now its “it doesn’t happen to me do I don’t care.”

Should someone tell him what he quoted?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, izkimar said:

“This doesn’t effect me so I don’t care”. It’s not the 30 successes that are a problem, it’s the failures that an potentially waste hours worth of time that are. Someone who is new that decided to go out and harvest for an hour to make s slag weapon only to fail will mostly likely quit. Hell, I’ve had people who are use to it  that quit for the night.

id like you to come up with a valid argument as to why critical failure on final combine should exist, caught right now its “it doesn’t happen to me do I don’t care.”

You aren't going to see that argument from me because I don't actually think it should exist.

Like you said. "it’s the failures that an potentially waste hours worth of time that are. Someone who is new that decided to go out and harvest for an hour to make s slag weapon only to fail will mostly likely quit. Hell, I’ve had people who are use to it  that quit for the night."

I have too, and I think it's terrible. Terrible for the people it happens to and terrible for the health of the game and community.


Not quite sure why or where you are pulling your assumed perception of how I feel about this.
I never said I do not care, I do so very much and want it to change.

In previous iterations the RNG seemed accurate to me as I crafted and would fail or succeed in numbers that reflected that. BUT there have always been those who fail far more than the RNG leads to believe...and I currently seem to be experiencing the opposite. The fact that crafting is RNG based is frustrating...the fact that experimentation is RNG based is frustrating...the fact that you can completely lose your time won materials can be frustrating. Crafting is gambling with virtual currency and real time investment and it sucks.

IMO RNG exists to simulate "skill" and I would much prefer that there was as little RNG as possible. Some of the most fun playing games I've had were games with barely any RNG.
Though of course this would pull CF more towards FPS/RTS/Survival than the RPG in some peoples' minds.
*I* would love to see Crowfall go this way.
Because combat is aim based we could reduce the RNG.
Harvesting is based on stats and luck...why not just stats?
You invest time and a set amount of points into your character and gear, the risk is already that there might be players looking to kill you and take your loot.
Crafting is based on stats and luck...why not just stats?
You've already invested a certain amount of time, materials and points into your craft, I see no reason to make it a slot machine as well.

ScornofLife2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We should see some change in the next few updates.

The advent of crafting stations in 5.4 will mean those folks who have no real interest in crafting will only be making basic/intermediate recipes. This will filter out players who have no skills trained in crafting and really don't want to be crafting anyways. (By the time a player unlocks the advanced recipes, they should have some skills trained)

Assembly failures will no longer consume the item, but instead grant an unexperimentable template of that item. Won't be the most useful (maybe in a pinch), but they will be useful in another system we have coming online soon.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

 

Assembly failures will no longer consume the item, but instead grant an unexperimentable template of that item. Won't be the most useful (maybe in a pinch), but they will be useful in another system we have coming online soon.

Do you mean that the player would receive the finished item but without any experimentation potential, or is it a blue print that could be used to make such an item?

ScornofLife2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/17/2017 at 1:18 AM, Scorn said:

Do you mean that the player would receive the finished item but without any experimentation potential, or is it a blue print that could be used to make such an item?

I believe @thomasblair is referring to an unexperimentationable piece of equipment, and not a blue print.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OsirianLegacy said:

I believe @thomasblair is referring to an unexperimentationable piece of equipment, and not a blue print.

I believe you are correct.

46 minutes ago, Jaynuminous said:

Could this perhaps be the salvage system!? :D

I sure hope so! 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is taking all of my patience to keep crafting in 5.3 ... the 70 % does not matter. the 6 successes in a row does not matter. the amazing or moderate success does not matter, the final step and poof matters. its as detrimental as the take bug ... why is this still in?  When we faced the take bug I felt all hands were on deck but the failure and loss has been in since day one and we are having to wait till 5.4

 

PW16pBt.png

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In a group with a leadership dude.

Drank the potions. 

Been training since server up. 

Made the 1st weapon. Failure on the hilt. FFFFfffffff

Made a new hilt. Make the weapon. Go conservative on the damage roll with my 5 pips. 1 pip then 3 then 1 again. 

Wow a success on 2 seperate rolls and a good. Ooo ahh. Completely useless one handed hammer. 

Get the mats to make the second try because in Crowfall you can never expect things to go right. 

I figure I got my bad luck out so use the nice white copper that it takes a week to gather. (Thanks PVP!)

Get to the final combine, sick feeling in my stomach.  Go conservative again.  1st roll Amazing 1 pip. Wooo yay. Second 3 pip big roll Success. Well custard, 1 pip 3rd roll Critical failure.

Gosh what a poorly made socks weapon. 
/logout

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, srathor said:

In a group with a leadership dude.

Drank the potions. 

Been training since server up. 

Made the 1st weapon. Failure on the hilt. FFFFfffffff

Made a new hilt. Make the weapon. Go conservative on the damage roll with my 5 pips. 1 pip then 3 then 1 again. 

Wow a success on 2 seperate rolls and a good. Ooo ahh. Completely useless one handed hammer. 

Get the mats to make the second try because in Crowfall you can never expect things to go right. 

I figure I got my bad luck out so use the nice white copper that it takes a week to gather. (Thanks PVP!)

Get to the final combine, sick feeling in my stomach.  Go conservative again.  1st roll Amazing 1 pip. Wooo yay. Second 3 pip big roll Success. Well custard, 1 pip 3rd roll Critical failure.

Gosh what a poorly made socks weapon. 
/logout

Play to crush? More like play to be infuriated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anotherone bites the dust. 

Hilt this time. didnt get a screen of the other two FAILURES this morning. 
unknown.png

Nice 2nd Hilt was a FAILURE as well. God what a custard waste of time and effort.

unknown.png

Potted. Skilled. Grouped with Leadership dude. 

 

Edited by srathor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...