Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pre alpha cost questions

gravesite01

Can anyone clear something up for me. The cost of playing this pre alpha game is an absurd 70 just for the minimum. New games are only 60. So why does a game that isn't even in beta cost more. Any pre alpha games I have played in the past cost 20 or in most cases were free. 

17 minutes ago, gravesite01 said:

Can anyone clear something up for me. The cost of playing this pre alpha game is an absurd 70 just for the minimum. New games are only 60. So why does a game that isn't even in beta cost more. Any pre alpha games I have played in the past cost 20 or in most cases were free. 

Those were FtP games at release...  with micropay.   this is not, your getting the $50 game plus the perks of actually influencing development and if you were in early getting stuffs that will be worth gobs after launch.

Wait till launch, it will be $50 buy to play with optional subscription, minimal fluff only cash shop.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

It's $70 (69.00) for the play now version, that's the cheapest package that get you in now. So here's the thing the game will cost $50, you get a free month VIP (essentially a sub) $10-$15 dollar value seeing as most monthly subs are 15 we'll say 15, so now were at $65, so you're paying $4 for the digital art book, digital soundtrack, a frame for the forums, ect ect. 

Basically you're not losing out on anything, game price + sub price + extra little stuff worth more then $4. I guess it comes down to, if you want to test the game now pay the $69, if you don't care to test then don't buy it. Simple enough.

1 hour ago, gravesite01 said:

You assume they were free to play but no they were not. I've been burned by to many pre and alpha games. Let me know when this goes ftp.

they have no plans to transition to a free to play model.

you will however be able to take part in a free open beta stage of testing before the soft launch if you have signed up for a crowfall.com account.

1 hour ago, gravesite01 said:

So why does a game that isn't even in beta cost more. Any pre alpha games I have played in the past cost 20 or in most cases were free. 

p.s. whatever your job or product you produce i arbitrarily demand you be paid 50% less or sell it for 50% less

Edited by Tinnis

As of today, $50 pledge bundle gives you access to the LIVE test server - and the game is buy-to-play so you own it forever. If you are not interested in supporting the games development, or testing early phases, wait until launch to purchase.

tiPrpwh.png

I have been following this games development for years, I finally broke down last month and bought access to the alpha because I was going to end up getting it anyways. I want to support Crowfall and I want it to succeed. That's why I paid 69$ Canadian because I believe in them, the founder tag and everything else is just extra goodness. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this game can go.

Every evening, when you pay for drinking some beer with your friends at pub "XY" are expensive like 100€ or more. The next day, when you take look in your purse, you are wondering why there isnt any money inside anymore. You dont have any memory of the evening anymore after 1 or 2 o clock. Maybe you lost your purse completly.

You will say something like this :"This was a epic evening." A look on your bank account will bring you the information to paid 200€ for this feeling with headache and some very ugly pictures. Now i need to say you, you could buy a game account instead of that and having fun for months or maybe years with it! B)

Edited by DeHei

• 3 weeks later...