Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hi.

[Goon Squad] Forever Closed

Goon Squad is closed forever, because it was a bad joke to begin with.

I created this guild as a bad joke the day after Artcraft announced they were paying out $15 in crowns for each guildmember guilds manage to recruit prior to the start of beta (assuming they are retained through to launch). I created a low-effort contest for VIP tokens, expecting everyone would assume it was a scam and laugh it off. For the most part, I think people did, but enough people actually joined that as the months passed, I started to feel guilty. For the record, I did actually intend to pay out the tokens, and I've sent everyone that actually accepted the guildinvites a VIP token, and a PM, then kicked them from the guild.

Edited by Hi.
Closing guild forever

FAQ

1. Who are you?

I'm some poorly made socksty nameless goon who comes from a long history of playing MMORPGs with goons. The games similar to Crowfall I probably put the most hours into are Shadowbane, Dark Age of Camelot, Eve, Archeage, Warhammer Online, and Second Life. I've never actually run a guild, but I've been an officer in a few of them.

2. What's your goal for this guild?

My goal is to recruit as many people as I possibly can, from anywhere that I can (limited either by my own ability to recruit, or by mechanical limitations. If said mechanical limitations can be bypassed with money, I intend to do so unless I go broke in which case lol). I intend to hold semi-regular (Bi-weekly to start) events starting from the point where I have a critical mass of people in the guild. (Probably a dozen or so). My overall goal with the events will be group organizational skills & team building to start, with large-scale PvP being the eventual goal. I will do my best to find relatively simple and understandable goals the guild can band behind (let's build a castle, bring me ore), and try and ensure they are goals that require some game mechanic knowledge.

I do not foresee this guild continuing into release at this time. However, if this actually happens and this doesn't turn into a sad joke where Hi pisses away 6 years of VIP for nothing, I will probably be ethically obligated to at least make sure there is a 'soft landing' going into launch. Said 'soft landing' will almost certainly not involve me leading the guild.

3. How will you communicate with the guild, both for events / planning, and during actual events?

Discord, probably. I could put up a guild forum but I honestly don't see the point yet. If a sufficient mass of people join the guild to warrant a website / forums / etc I'll probably make one.

4. Is this a scam? (Re: Prizes)

No. I absolutely intend to give away the VIP tokens as promised, when the game launches. I have a pretty significant bank of them as it is due to my backer level, and given I only plan to play a single character / account, having that many is pointless unless I want to buy myself a golden throne or something. I'm happy to sign an affidavit attesting to this fact if people want me to, and if someone can point out a way to do so that is even a tiny bit legally binding. (I live in Canada, so the laws would need to apply to a Canadian Citizen.)

The single Caveat is that if I end up getting so few people in the guild that it's easier to give everyone 1 token, then give away the grand prizes on top of that, I'll probably just do that. Also if literally every post in the thread completely sucks I'll probably just give all the tokens to James Goblin or Tyrant or something.

Recent Updates

Added Guild Crest. I'm honestly not super happy with it but it'll suffice for now.

Added Additional Contest (15 people picked at random).

Added FAQ.

Removed Guild Crest. Reworded some of the FAQ. Started playing the game.

Edited by Hi.

Added an additional contest! I'll be giving away another 15 VIP Tokens to guildmembers picked at random! It occurred to me that I wasn't really properly rewarding joining the guild then never showing up to any events or posting.

I also added a short FAQ that I hope should answer some questions that people might have.

9 hours ago, Petrified said:

Hey!  I've seen you guys around a lot in EVE.  I need a place to be for the Beta and why not join you chaps here while blowing your Rorquals up in Delve.  ;)

Hey! Welcome! Not all of us played EVE (This is personally my first game like this!) Hi is on an online sabbatical until sometime in the new year, and he didn't give me invite permissions. He figured things would be pretty dead here with the holidays anyway, but I'll make sure you get an invite soon! I'm really sorry!

If I run into you playing I'll be sure to try to remember not to kill you! :3c

<3

12 hours ago, Kobold Princess said:

Hey! Welcome! Not all of us played EVE (This is personally my first game like this!) Hi is on an online sabbatical until sometime in the new year, and he didn't give me invite permissions. He figured things would be pretty dead here with the holidays anyway, but I'll make sure you get an invite soon! I'm really sorry!

If I run into you playing I'll be sure to try to remember not to kill you! :3c

<3

I am patient, so not rush either way.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Flower said:

Hi I might be interested in joining. I am not sure currently what I am doing because I hold one of the higher tiers.

Hey! Welcome! Our GL is away on holidays, I'll make sure you get an invite after this weekend! Have you tried out any of the recent tests? They're looking really good! I was gonna run around as Balance a bit this weekend, I'll keep an eye out for you!

We don't have a discord up yet, but Hi mentioned it was one of his priorities when he got back!

Hi thanks for the welcome. I had original intentions of running a guild like the dark and light court of fairy. My character was basically a fop who acted such to throw off his enemies. My whole ranking system was gonna be based on flower titles.

What tier is your guild leader? I am not even sure how it works when it comes to parcels and stuff when you join together. I know I have a bunch of stuff like a castle and other varied perks.

On 12/29/2017 at 8:10 AM, Flower said:

Hi thanks for the welcome. I had original intentions of running a guild like the dark and light court of fairy. My character was basically a fop who acted such to throw off his enemies. My whole ranking system was gonna be based on flower titles.

What tier is your guild leader? I am not even sure how it works when it comes to parcels and stuff when you join together. I know I have a bunch of stuff like a castle and other varied perks.

Hi is Amber I believe, so actually lower tier than yours! I believe if you are given permissions, you can just plop down your parcels (castles / etc) onto any EK (such as a guild one). I have no idea what Hi has planned for the Goon Squad EK at this point, though!

On 12/29/2017 at 10:12 AM, Pharticus said:

I will join you guys, I am just a regular member, $60 tier or so, new player. 

Welcome! I'll make sure you get an invite after the weekend, I'm super sorry about the delay!

2 hours ago, Kobold Princess said:

Hi is Amber I believe, so actually lower tier than yours! I believe if you are given permissions, you can just plop down your parcels (castles / etc) onto any EK (such as a guild one). I have no idea what Hi has planned for the Goon Squad EK at this point, though!

Welcome! I'll make sure you get an invite after the weekend, I'm super sorry about the delay!

Cool, glad to join up, no problem, means I join for the new year after the weekend, nice start to the year lol. Happy New year to all!

happy new years all, sorry about the slow invites. I hope y'all had a great time, and that you're looking forward to the new year with warm hearts and hope for good things

I wasn't expecting interest over the holidays, as I figured things would be quiet. glad to have been wrong

assuming everyone accepts the invites, Sorner makes 5 people (not counting KP, since she exempted herself) which means half the 'oldest member' spots (again, assuming noone leaves) are still available

im still really hung over, and going back to bed