Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey There!

soultamer

I posted an intro a long time ago (beginning of the forums) but it got neither response nor much attention, period. I don't think I saw it when scrolling through here, so I'll write up a fresh one. 

Hello! I'm Soultamer, and you can call me whatever the heck you want. I'm a casual gamer from the greater Seattle area, and I'm also a small website owner that will be blogging about Crowfall frequently. I hail from many titles, and I'm currently playing a ton of indie games on Steam that I'm really enjoying like Eidolon, Nihilumbra, and To the Moon. I also love playing D&D (5e). In my spare time, I do fantasy costuming and I LARP in the summer. 

To spruce things up, I found three incredibly random questions on the internet to answer. 

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4. 

The Quiet Room, by Lori Schiller and Amanda Bennett - "...up the phone and screamed into it: "I know it's you! I know it's..." 

2. Who is the second to last person to have called you?

My buddy Grover. Forget why he called. 

3. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card at? 

Does the store of Steam games count as a store? If not, probably at that really nice sushi bar in town with a bunch of my friends from ordering a la carte. Sushi is my weakness. (And THEN I realized that restaurants weren't stories! Uh...bookstore, I guess.)

When it comes to Crowfall, I'm looking forward to getting an edge in PvP, as well as exploring and roleplaying. I'm just settling into the community, and it's great to be here. Can't wait to see what's next. 

Edited by soultamer

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."

-Nelson Mandela

Oh hai, Soultamer!  

1. I'm at work and the only book near me is Cracking the LSAT 2009 Edition.  It is not my book, but here is page 18 line 4:

".....conclusion.  If you understand the conclusion and the reasoning behind it, you've...."

2. The second to last person to have called me is my friend Luis.   He called to RSVP to my wedding.  Apparently sending the already stamped response card is too hard.  :huh:  <_<

3. Which store would I max out my credit card at??

Do I have to pick one? Can I just put "mall"??  Haha.  Probably Target or Kohl's.  :wub:

Oh hai, Soultamer!  

1. I'm at work and the only book near me is Cracking the LSAT 2009 Edition.  It is not my book, but here is page 18 line 4:

".....conclusion.  If you understand the conclusion and the reasoning behind it, you've...."

2. The second to last person to have called me is my friend Luis.   He called to RSVP to my wedding.  Apparently sending the already stamped response card is too hard.  :huh:  <_<

3. Which store would I max out my credit card at??

Do I have to pick one? Can I just put "mall"??  Haha.  Probably Target or Kohl's.  :wub:

You're getting married! Congratulations! I'll be crashing the party in spirit. 

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."

-Nelson Mandela

Hi there, Soultamer!

1. Okay, nearest book is my calculus textbook: "v(t)=10sin0.3t". Heh.

2. Let me go check...okay, so the second to last person to call me was this anonymous number with eleven digits that has been calling me for the past week. I tried to text the number once, but the service said it was invalid. Weird, huh?

3. Probably Amazon, if that counts. Because seriously, you can buy anything on Amazon. Also because I have a kindle and there's so many ebooks I'd like to get.

Huge fan of your blog, by the way. Keep up the good work!

Hi there, Soultamer!

1. Okay, nearest book is my calculus textbook: "v(t)=10sin0.3t". Heh.

2. Let me go check...okay, so the second to last person to call me was this anonymous number with eleven digits that has been calling me for the past week. I tried to text the number once, but the service said it was invalid. Weird, huh?

3. Probably Amazon, if that counts. Because seriously, you can buy anything on Amazon. Also because I have a kindle and there's so many ebooks I'd like to get.

Huge fan of your blog, by the way. Keep up the good work!

A fan! I love you so much! Thanks for your support as I get the site off the ground. 

As for number 2, I have been picking up anonymous telemarketers lately with: "Have you seen the moon? Go outside and look at the moon right now!"; "No time to talk, I'll see you when we're both out of the country."; (and my favorite) "You have such lovely skin. I can't wait to wear it." 

-Nelson Mandela

Seriously creepy!

That's why it's fun. I normally stick to the outer space ones, though, unless I'm really fed up with the multiple calls. 

-Nelson Mandela

As annoying as they are, they deserve all creepiness coming their way imho.. I usually just turn the calls silent and let them keep ringing, wasting their time :)

Might as well play your game while I'm at it;
1. 'I have the honour of knowing your brother, Sergius Ivanich,' (bonus points if you can guess which book!)

2. My mother.. didn't answer, should probably call her back, that was 3 days ago.

3. Hm, tough one, not much of a consumer to be honest, but I guess the local Systembolaget(Sweden has silly laws for buying alcohol and this is the one and only store that is allowed to sell it) would be my first choice.

Edited by Zushakon

Officer of The BlackHand Order

@mal - Congrats on the upcoming wedding.

@soultamer - Welcome

1. Not a single book in my office. Kinda bizarre actually!

2. One of my employees. Will not state a name on the forum.

3. hooligan's Sports 

LW_sig_concept2_zpsgdrsfl7n.jpg

1. 'I have the honour of knowing your brother, Sergius Ivanich,' (bonus points if you can guess which book!)

Anna Karenina! Haven't read it yet, but recognized the name and double-checked via a search engine. 

1. Not a single book in my office. Kinda bizarre actually!

Shame on you

I mean...hi.

-Nelson Mandela

Anna Karenina! Haven't read it yet, but recognized the name and double-checked via a search engine.

Shame on you

I mean...hi.

ah, you are of course correct! Pretty good book albeit too emotional characters for me, I had a hard time relating ^^

Officer of The BlackHand Order

Welcome to the Crowfall community man!

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4. 

1000 Möjligheter, by Försvarsmakten - "Efter Soldatutbildningen i Arvidsjaur kom jag in på civilekonomutbildningen vid Stockholms universitet..."

2. Who is the second to last person to have called you?

My dad, Ingmar. To see if i wanted to come by and eat on Sunday.. 

3. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card at? 

Komplett.se a big swedish/nordic electronic store.. i would basically buy TVs, PCs, Games and so on...