Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MintySatan

Female Elken/Minotaur

Making a topic about this because I haven't seen one that focuses on just these two races in particular yet.

Are there any known plans to make female variations of these races in the future? 
The Elken race was the reason I took an interest in Crowfall in the first place but would prefer a softer, more feminine model. Hopefully no breasts/etc. would be added. Just softer features like no horns or a slightly thinner body/smaller muzzle. Maybe slightly thicker eyelashes than the male counterparts for the heck of it.

Same idea for the Minotaur race.

The animals they're based upon generally do have at least some male/female distinction. That being said, such features would be nice if they were implemented. (Sorry, not sorry Guinecean.) :P

20 minutes ago, MintySatan said:

Making a topic about this because I haven't seen one that focuses on just these two races in particular yet.

Are there any known plans to make female variations of these races in the future? 
The Elken race was the reason I took an interest in Crowfall in the first place but would prefer a softer, more feminine model. Hopefully no breasts/etc. would be added. Just softer features like no horns or a slightly thinner body/smaller muzzle. Maybe slightly thicker eyelashes than the male counterparts for the heck of it.

Same idea for the Minotaur race.

The animals they're based upon generally do have at least some male/female distinction. That being said, such features would be nice if they were implemented. (Sorry, not sorry Guinecean.) :P

The Elken, Stoneborn, Guinecean and Minotaur only have one gender option planned.

We will have to see how there visual customization options end up looking!

4QIBIy5.png

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

6 hours ago, Kastor said:

Oh that note, why no Female Guinecean? they would look exactly the same, maybe with a slightly different voice and hat-set.

basically the original idea was to not have more than one sex for all the non-humanoid races (the original plan actually included centaurs even there) And well female hamster yeah would not be different so why waste resources to make that?.

I personally would love a female elken as well, and well if enough ppl want something there is a chance they change their mind ofc

Minotaur and Stoneborn seem more restricted by lore to male only.

Guinecean and Elken however could easily have both genders - use same body, and add a few different face, antler, hair combos. For Guinecean you wouldn't even need different hair since the genders look identical (just take off the "male" symbol on the character creation, or add "female" that gives exactly the same choices).

tiPrpwh.png

5 minutes ago, miraluna said:

For Guinecean you wouldn't even need different hair since the genders look identical (just take off the "male" symbol on the character creation, or add "female" that gives exactly the same choices).

Agreed. They may as well let players decide the gender of their Guinecean. The existing model could be either gender from appearances.

IhhQKY6.gif

9 hours ago, Jah said:

Agreed. They may as well let players decide the gender of their Guinecean. The existing model could be either gender from appearances.

the thing is, why bother then? is extra work for absolutely no benefit in that case, and a lot of ppl would likely thing the game was bugged when nothing happened at all when swapping between the genders

2 minutes ago, Gummiel said:

the thing is, why bother then? is extra work for absolutely no benefit in that case, and a lot of ppl would likely thing the game was bugged when nothing happened at all when swapping between the genders

What extra work?

IhhQKY6.gif

Just now, Jah said:

What extra work?

well at the very least they would need the extra button put into the UI, may not seem like much, and well we have no idea if anything goes on under the hood for gender differences, but yeah adding the button, is at least a minimum amount of work, and as I said a lot of people would think the game is bugged, making potential TONS of extra work for support as they would get a bunch of tickets for something that is not even truly a bug, that they had to explain to ppl, and a flood of topics on it on the forums as well potential. And that for absolutely NO GAIN AT ALL

5 minutes ago, Gummiel said:

well at the very least they would need the extra button put into the UI, may not seem like much, and well we have no idea if anything goes on under the hood for gender differences, but yeah adding the button, is at least a minimum amount of work, and as I said a lot of people would think the game is bugged, making potential TONS of extra work for support as they would get a bunch of tickets for something that is not even truly a bug, that they had to explain to ppl, and a flood of topics on it on the forums as well potential. And that for absolutely NO GAIN AT ALL

If players want to play female Guineceans then it is a "GAIN" to let them.

Trust me, it would take no extra work.

I seriously doubt it would cause a deluge of topics on the forum. I can't imagine why you think this is a cause you need to fight against. It is a tiny detail that would only matter to a player who wants to check a box that says their Guinecean is female.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

1 minute ago, Jah said:

If players want play a female Guinecean then it is a "GAIN" to let them.

Trust me, it would take no extra work.

I seriously doubt it would cause a deluge of topics on the forum. I can't imagine you you think this is a cause you need to fight against. It is a tiny detail that would only matter to a player who wants to check a box that says their Guinecean is female.

implementation of anything is NEVER "no extra work" the amount of work varies, but it is always work.

And if you really want a female hamster so much, give it a female sounding name and there you go, no difference, as you cant even tell once it is made aside from model, so no it don't add anything to the game, it doesn't allow you to do anything you can't do already

And you have WAY WAY too much faith in the average player if you dont think ppl would believe it to be bugged by having an official female and male with no difference even visually at all.

I would like them to be two genders as well. But if they don't have the resources for it they could always just slightly tweak the lore.

No real physical characteristics are as important as just being in the lore. Put a both gender sign in there and it's done. 

This has come up a lot, and I'm glad it does.  Over on the Whale Forums (AKA Development Partners) there's been some talk from the Devs about making art assets for female Elken and Guinecians (seriously, I don't want a femme looking Guinecian, THEY AREN'T HUMAN DON'T IMPOSE HUMAN GENDER STANDARDS ON THEM THAT'S DUMB AS CUSTARD!)

I would 100% approve of a female Elken that just doesn't have antlers- since ACE is planning on doing haircuts, this would be easy to implement!  If you want to give us a more doe look model, go for it!

Minotaurs just shouldn't have any gender option at all, neither male nor female.  I don't mind the male only fluff, though.

Stoneborn misogyny is dumb.  I get that they're made of rock; but the inherent misogyny in their game lore is just dumb.  0/10, you're embarrassing yourselves ACE.

+1 for using for single gender races.

For one, female Minotaurs make zero sense whatsoever. There has never been a female Minotaur. From a lore perspective, to break from Greek mythology for the sake of some kind of gender equity angle would, to be totally frank,.. stupid.

Guinecians..you cannopt tell the difference in real life between an female or male abyssinian/english/peruvian etc. guinea pig. Unless you want the males bits hanging out, this makes no sense.

Elken..... well that could be doeable, and at least could be a slightly smaller model minus antlers. 

Also... no female Stoneborn. Thanks.

I would understand your point if you were to bring greek mythology into this but this is unrelated other than the fact that they used the idea of minotaurs. They are a beast race so chances are if there were some you'd not even be able to tell the difference. I don't think they should add boobs to any of the beast races, it would be incredibly stupid to do so just for appearances sake and look dumb. You don't even need to change the appearance of an elken either, female caribou have horns, why not elken? Plenty of ways to explain it in a reasonable and sensible way weather you like it or not.

I can definitly get behind this thread. Make Guineceans unisex or give them a both gender options with no real difference. Except maybe different hat options, female Elken would be cool (and by cool I mostly mean cute), give us our battle does.

As for Minotaurs and Stoneborn, while they do both have really strong lore for single gender... so did the Fae. Lore is secondary to gameplay and player enjoyment, if even one player picks up the game just because it has big dwarf girls then lore be damned, it's worth it.

Edit: I do still agree with the original idea of keeping the workload down, this is all provided they have extra budget and so on.

Edited by Kastor