Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gunslinger Jj - Duelist Video

Jjohnsin

good fun, you might want to add 'Crowfall' to your video title though.

They might as well delete rapier at this point compared to pistol (with range, pip gen and better access to 'counterattack') ;p

*speeds up cleric fight*

i wish critical dodge had a floating alert toast when it triggered :P

go for broke is just not worth using compared to a lmb these days either

Edited by Tinnis

Interesting how you use go for broke to trigger dizzy down and then use expose afterwards. Previously you wouldn't want to do that because expose improved go for broke damage quite a bit but now go for broke damage is so low it makes sense. 

I'd like to see Go for Broke damage improved so it's used other than just triggering dizzy down. I think some people reported that it may even be bugged and not granting the additional + weapon damage. 

The expose punish is a bit out of hand. At the very least it should be subject to CC DR which I'm not entirely sure that it is. Expose punish may need to grant a very short expose punish immunity (5 seconds) so it can't be chained back to back to back. 

I also think duelist should be one of the classes that gets their C Ability cost cut in half - similar to the confessor.

18 hours ago, Tinnis said:

They might as well delete rapier at this point compared to pistol (with range, pip gen and better access to 'counterattack') ;p

The rapier damage needs to be improved dramatically if anyone will ever play a rapier duelist again. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

2 hours ago, blazzen said:

Interesting how you use go for broke to trigger dizzy down and then use expose afterwards. Previously you wouldn't want to do that because expose improved go for broke damage quite a bit but now go for broke damage is so low it makes sense. 

I'd like to see Go for Broke damage improved so it's used other than just triggering dizzy down. I think some people reported that it may even be bugged and not granting the additional + weapon damage. 

Yep, the main reason is that the expose ability, recon is it?, is so buggy that I've found just getting the dizzy down to guarantee it (and it's still not even guaranteed!!). I think the damage could use a little buff but not hit as hard as it used to. Because it is a cone and can hit a bunch of people.

The expose punish is a bit out of hand. At the very least it should be subject to CC DR which I'm not entirely sure that it is. Expose punish may need to grant a very short expose punish immunity (5 seconds) so it can't be chained back to back to back. 

Expose is super wild right now. I think it really needs to be toned down in some way. Chaining it back to back with DR would be fine...but I'm more a fan of making it charge based, i.e. each exposed target can only be knocked down once per expose debuff. And then you get 100% crit chance on next attack after exposing an enemy. But ultimately you can't nerf it too much or duelist becomes much more useless without it. The couple fights I got into that I didn't have expose up or it bugged out, felt really slow to me and had me thinking I'd rather play something else for those kind of engagements because you just don't have a ton of straight up raw DPS without expose crits or knockdowns. 

Something to remember is that expose will be part of the assassin kit iirc, was said to be part of the ranger kit at some point as well. 

100% agree with the C power idea. I also like my duelist change ideas from my last post allowing duelist a little easier time restealthing. 

The rapier damage needs to be improved dramatically if anyone will ever play a rapier duelist again. 

Rapier is a far better build imo than pistol. The only reason I need to run pistol right now is because of all the rangers, and rapier rat has a very hard time getting to the targets without getting rooted/etc. Rapier rat actually has damage outside of expose debuffs since you can use impale (which is still pretty wild), it's just so hard to hit things in this meta. Also I'd argue the pip generation is even higher than pistol, at least for be since I take the pistol shot reset on LMB passive.