Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
McTan

After logging in...

On a recent thread somebody said "The quickest way to kill the game is to make it so you can only play if everyone in your group can be on at the same time."

I am not sure if that is true, but the problem still stands. What do we do after we log in, depending on the situation around us? If nobody else is on, if a handful is on, if a large group is on?

I am currently most concerned about the nobody else on situation for people who are not gatherers. Here are some possibilities for that player in those times:

1. Solo Gank
  2. Farm Gold, or whatever currency holds together the economy.
  3. Hunt Disciplines
  4. Scout the Map
  5. Organizational things in cities/forts
  6. Log off

Before anyone responds with: "this is a group game," I am not denying that and I am a huge fan of that fact. What I am thinking about are how a single member might contribute to the group efforts while the rest of the group is not online. I think we need many, varied ways to contribute, and I do not see any in game at this moment.

Edited by McTan

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

24 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

As someone that has access to the dev partner forums I can tell you this is a concern that is on their radar and they have ideas on some things they want to add.

That is good to hear, I will look forward to what they implement for sure.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

I think that if you log-in and no friends are on the default option would be to make more friends. I know this sounds like the obvious but that is certainly the best way to have something to do.

Sometimes i think everyone thinks they can only play with their guildies and everyone else is a enemy (which is what the Dregs ruleset implies) which IMO is too restrictive.

Each CW will have 2K people so limiting yourself to only cooperate with 30 or so because "Arrrgh! This is a hardcore game, trust  no one!" is asking to not play.

This will only be a problem in the Dregs since the other bands have some some of grouping (by god, faction...). And even then there will be some sort of alliance. I still think people could play with other people there if only to pass the time while making minimal gain.

"Hey person from another guild that is not sworn enemies with mine, it is 4 AM and most people in my guild are off and i assume you are having the same problem. Wanna group up to bash some skulls/gather some stuff?"

Now you know people who wont kill you on sight and are on on weird times just like you. You guys dont even need to like each other just treat it as one party using the other to fill the numbers. That fit the trust no one idea.

BTW how much of a valid answer "Go play in a outer band CW when no friend is on" is? It is a option but it might be seen as ignoring the problem by some.

Edited by BarriaKarl

screenshot_20171220-13-10-08.png

I have two suggestions:

1. Group Finder:
The above image is how I would like to see a group finder work in Crowfall. You can list private for guild, or public for anyone to find. You can name the groups, it also has a player count. Fairly easy to use and read and allows for easy pug access.

2. Proximity Chat
Personally, I think something that could help with find a group is a proximity chat. I came from a game that had it, and while it could be used to stupid things (You can just mute people) it was great for talking to people outside of your group and people seemed to be a little bit more open to joining a group. It was a really great tool for rallying people.

I don't envy the developers, helping the solo player is no easy task. That's just a suggestion that could help the bigger picture from my experience.

Edited by MetalGERE

I think a primary solo activity may be hunting relics and thralls...   I hope to see other POI types like villages, ruins, places where you would find these other types of loots that are hunted (rather than harvested) additives to crafting or boons for sacrifice (added divine favor stat system).   Some would come from Mob protected chests or drop from elite Mobs.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

I agree it's important for there to be things that let a solo player putz around and not be entirely bored and/or overwhelmed by enemies, but it's definitely more important for there to be a way to get solo player X to find a group of buddies - even if their usual crowd isn't on. A group-finder, or a LFG chat, or something to that measure would probably help bridge that gap. Perhaps the ability to flag yourself as a solo player looking to buddy up so that passers-by can see that you're longing for some company?