Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Harvest like a boss?!

DeHei

Today i saw a balanceplayer, who was farming/harvest at the mining spot like a boss. While i could harvest 3 irons with finishing 1 spot, he destroyed (like using dynamite for it :D) 4 spots and nearly with every hit i saw materials dropping... 

I ask him and he explained me, just with using better harvest weapons, harvest pot and using pips right is this fast farming possible for everyone. Anybody experience with that? Is that possible without spending time in the harvest skill tree?

This could be helpful for everyone. Nobody wants to spend more time for harvesting as he needs to :)

Better harvesting tools are under Runecrafting, Harvesting disciplines are at the very bottom of the crafting menu, and the potions are under alchemy.

You have to sacrifice damage, tankyness, or heals when equip the discs, but your yield will be better .

Edited by Destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Yes, a lot of players issues with the cost and time for crafting of initial weapons is more an unfamiliarity with the games harvesting mechanics than with the final fail chance...   I have said to new players many times...   it isn't that hard to get the materials in under an hour yet we still see new players who simply haven't figured it out.   At launch there will be more tooltips and tutorials but in testing here the best thing is to join a guild with experienced players who will impart good knowledge.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:42 AM, DeHei said:

This could be helpful for everyone. Nobody wants to spend more time for harvesting as he needs to :)

There is never an end to the need for harvesting...   ever.   The minute you stop your gear will break and you will be nekid.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Just to compile and explain some of the above information:

• Make sure to use the Major Discipline 'Miner' for +1.25 Plentiful Harvest and the passive (Plentiful Harvest is probably the most important stat for harvesting)
  • 'Hoarder' is another great Discipline; passive gives you stamina for hitting weak spots (you pretty much never run out of stamina)
  • Make sure you have a 'Plentiful Harvest Potion: Mining' on (grants another +1 Plentiful Harvest)
    • Made under 'Alchemy'; 'Grind Resource' using premium stone; make an 'Empty Flask'; combine with premium ore to make the flask
  • Make better tools; this speeds up harvesting by a lot
    • Made under 'Runemaking'; make 'Unmarked Stone Runestone', make 'Pick Sigil' using silver and gold ore ('Parchment Paper' is made in 'Woodworking'); combine (always focus rolls on 'Grade' when available)
  • For the fastest harvesting, people are generally waiting for 5 PIPs before using the harvesting skill

Follow those 5 things and you will harvest pretty fast (you should be able to crank out a few hundred ore in the duration of your flask).  Obviously if you train in the 'Exploration' skill tree you can become better at harvesting.  Additionally, you can craft weapons and armor that give you "harvesting" stats, but they are a very small amount and difficult to make.  All of the above information specifically talks about mining, but the same concepts exist for all other materials.  Just swap to the corresponding discipline, flask, and tools.

Edited by Kirchhoff

Hello DeHei, as said on the game i was runing a +35 pick with villain and minnign disci,a  mining potion with 0 harvesting training.

how do u use the harvesting pips also have a huge inffluence.

Edited by Carausius

13 hours ago, Carausius said:

Hello DeHei, as said on the game i was runing a +35 pick with villain and minnign disci,a  mining potion with 0 harvesting training.

how do u use the harvesting pips also have a huge inffluence.

hey,

for common ore, wood ect. i use only the 5 pips skill. For better tier materials like iron i go mostly 4 pips and then in this duration 2 pips, 1 pips. I think i deal most damge and have the highest dropchance for materials :)

Your very first basic rune tools have 100 durability. After you get enough basic mats(knotwood, cobblestone and slag) you can then craft rune tools using the aforementioned techniques. ALWAYS make sure you are using the Pre-Test Alchemy Crafting Potions. This will greatly increase the durability to around 260-300,  and increase damage to the node, allowing you start building up your premium resources. Then as you increase your premium ore and stone you can create rune tools with the premium mats, making harvesting even easier. 

Edited by Doomshadow

47 minutes ago, Doomshadow said:

Your very first basic rune tools have 100 durability. After you get enough basic mats(knotwood, cobblestone and slag) you can then craft rune tools using the aforementioned techniques. ALWAYS make sure you are using the Pre-Test Alchemy Crafting Potions. This will greatly increase the durability to around 260-300,  and increase damage to the node, allowing you start building up your premium resources. Then as you increase your premium ore and stone you can create rune tools with the premium mats, making harvesting even easier. 

This is all valid until next week when only people that have unlocked runecrafting will be able to make the pickaxes. They will get rid of the pre-test crafting potions too and the harvesting buff potions will need alchemy skilled up to create them. Tons of people will be running around unbuffed getting garbage drops from harvesting. YAY!

On 12/28/2017 at 3:05 PM, Spawl said:

This is all valid until next week when only people that have unlocked runecrafting will be able to make the pickaxes. They will get rid of the pre-test crafting potions too and the harvesting buff potions will need alchemy skilled up to create them. Tons of people will be running around unbuffed getting garbage drops from harvesting. YAY!

Sounds delightful.  Harvesters won't be able to harvest properly without crafters to make their tools, who won't have materials because the harvesters have no tools, etc etc.  

1 hour ago, pistkitty said:

Sounds delightful.  Harvesters won't be able to harvest properly without crafters to make their tools, who won't have materials because the harvesters have no tools, etc etc.  

In all fairness, that happens in 5.4, whenever they decide to release it. Higher level item crafting will be gated so hope there are runecrafters that can make the tools. Greys for everyone!

Hoarder
Type dependent Disc. (Logger/Miner/Quarryman/Skinner

5 pips then Action harvesting! 
Occasionally 4 pips then 2 then 1 then 5 pips again oh node is dead. 
Use proper level tools for a good run. 
Rank 5 Use around level +30
Rank 8 use around 50ish
Rank 10 use around 50 ish and bring a friend. 

Edited by srathor
Umm I was in the wrong thread! Sorry!

10 hours ago, Spawl said:

In all fairness, that happens in 5.4, whenever they decide to release it. Higher level item crafting will be gated so hope there are runecrafters that can make the tools. Greys for everyone!

Not trying to derail, and this might be covered elsewhere, but I think we're in for a huge system shock come 5.4.  Everquest 2 initially had a huge amount of "interdependence" and it was a nightmare.  Setting aside "runes" for a moment, let's look at a more traditional ingame depiction of making a pickaxe by these standards.   Say I'm a blacksmith, so I can make the blade, having spent 6+ months of passive training to do so.  Whoops, can't fathom how to make a wooden handle, so need to contract a woodworker who has the 6 mos skill for that and we need a grip, so that's a leatherworker. Who knows who will assemble the final product, maybe that's where your runemaster comes into play.   I strongly suspect anyone without a huge network of friends / allies / acquaintences, is either going to find themselves out of the loop and unable to do anything, or forced to using multiple accounts.  We'll see, but it looks like that's the direction they're headed

3 hours ago, pistkitty said:

Not trying to derail, and this might be covered elsewhere, but I think we're in for a huge system shock come 5.4.  Everquest 2 initially had a huge amount of "interdependence" and it was a nightmare.  Setting aside "runes" for a moment, let's look at a more traditional ingame depiction of making a pickaxe by these standards.   Say I'm a blacksmith, so I can make the blade, having spent 6+ months of passive training to do so.  Whoops, can't fathom how to make a wooden handle, so need to contract a woodworker who has the 6 mos skill for that and we need a grip, so that's a leatherworker. Who knows who will assemble the final product, maybe that's where your runemaster comes into play.   I strongly suspect anyone without a huge network of friends / allies / acquaintences, is either going to find themselves out of the loop and unable to do anything, or forced to using multiple accounts.  We'll see, but it looks like that's the direction they're headed

Interdependence sucks when there aren't systems in game to support it. Need the vendor thrall system in place to sell wares to be able to buy items from others. Then if you need a leather grip for your bow, you can go buy one on the market as long as there are players with the skill willing to do that. Without that mechanic, interdependency is going to be bad which makes it terrible for testing.