Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

IP Routing - Network Engineer help

52 minutes ago, scribbles said:

As a network engineer this entire thread made me glad to have three days off.

Also, tisk tisk whoever told you to go to an internet cafe.

:)

And for what it might be worth...... I think ACE might have already fixed this on their end - just ran through my accounts checking on Training and for the first time ever not a single Disconnect!

10 hours ago, Nazdar said:

Thank goodness!  I believe this has been plaguing me, too.  Glad to see a resolution.

Can't "Confirm Fix on Ace Side" - certainly not completely ....

I did re-logg without a disconnect 10x last night checking then double checking accts etc...... but when I finally went to play (Right after my last post) I was in about 10 min and 30 sec into a fight and I got disconnected....... BUT that could be the one off

As for training....... quick look right now and not getting any disconnects (GOOD!) ..... BUT my training does stop on its own (Randomly) for no appearant reason "still"

And an example of Random:  Logged first account that I knew had started on all "New" nodes - "Double checked" and all looked good last night.  This morning all were stopped.  Combat had 3.x hours in bank - Racial had 5.x hours and - Class had 2.x

I have been logging on like 2x a day since 5.3 Live just to train and have "still lost training"......

There have been many times I have spent the bank and started training only to check 8 hours later and log into a full bank.

if not for the bank I would just give up completely and wait for soft launch 

Still.....Just glad for the progress!!

Edited by Mayhem_

So now that I am getting no disconnects ........ training bugs are very obvious  

@Tyrant

Seriously, this "Training issues" is going to need it's own thread or it will bet very clumsy in pulling out of the 5.3.x testing bug feedback.  Right as I was going to start a video to capture it .... it finally started.  Looked at an acct and it showed no Training on "Class" - I looked into it and there was 19 seconds banked and not progressing.  No nodes had a white circle revolving to show that training was happening.  (Quite often the front page wont show active training but it actually is when you look at it)  - I hovered over what was the node that should be training and waited over a minute to see it the time changed despite the non-revolving white circle....... 70 seconds later.... no change - I went to start a video capture and the time bank finally started rolling.

If my previous experiences (During my past simultaneous disconnects issues) are any indicator.......... I will be posting A LOT OF BUGS AND VIDEO CAPTURES ........

Let me know..... I will start throwing this at the 5.3 bugs until asked other wise but if was on the other end of this I would want it in out own thread.  

When you say fresh nodes, well you are by design only training one pip and it stops without VIP (and right now everyone is treated as non-VIP), and the first pip of a t1 node is taking around 3 hours only. non VIP's then get to bank up to 24 hours of training, so at most they will have to log on once a day (once longer down the lines it will be much less rarely though due to longer training times even of first pips) with VIP you will be able to bank 30 days though so you could be find logging in just once a month with VIP

1 hour ago, Gummiel said:

When you say fresh nodes, well you are by design only training one pip and it stops without VIP (and right now everyone is treated as non-VIP), and the first pip of a t1 node is taking around 3 hours only. non VIP's then get to bank up to 24 hours of training, so at most they will have to log on once a day (once longer down the lines it will be much less rarely though due to longer training times even of first pips) with VIP you will be able to bank 30 days though so you could be find logging in just once a month with VIP

I just started looking for the common denominators and noticed this on my last training round....... thanks for confirming........ 

VIP can't come too soon :)

1 hour ago, Mayhem_ said:

I just started looking for the common denominators and noticed this on my last training round....... thanks for confirming........ 

VIP can't come too soon :)

yeah they used to treat everyone as VIP before the skill revamp to the new system with the timebank and all that, but went non-VIP now on us for testing, so I guess the sooner they get all the bugs fixed on the non-VIP part the faster we get VIP back (but ofc its more than just the bug, but also how it feels and such)