Sign in to follow this  
Kee

What are you hoping for in the new year?

C'mon, tell some internet strangers your annual aspirations. Resolutions, goals, or pipedreams - be them game-related, or actual real-lifey shenanigans.

I'm personally hoping to either lessen my caffeine addiction, or alternatively find a way to hook up a caffeinated IV to cart around so I can cut out the middleman.

What about you? <:

I'm hoping to finish a prototype and documentation for an RPG I've been designing since about 1986. Inspiration started in 1979 (colossal cave adventure).

My first semi-serious attempt was in 1994 at uni with my OS professor and a small 4-man team. We had a graphical multiplayer online game working (but with almost no content or mechanics); David and I wrote the server in our professor's parallel language "SR", and George coded long nights of 8086 assembly for the graphical engine.

23 years and about 5 "start overs" later and the ideas still refuse to loosen their grip on my brain. I compare every MMORPG to it, and refine it as I go.

Of course I have to boil the ocean too, building not just the game but the engine as well (this time with rust/vulkan). So yeah.... pipedream.

I'm starting the third year of uni at the end of the next year where we will compete for an internship positions in good companies. So I am looking to sharpen my programming skills as much as I can meantime while creating a project worthwhile presenting on my portfolio, and hopefully getting in somewhere cozy :D

I hope to dirtbag it again this year...   live outdoors on under 20k working less, playing more, giving away worldly possessions except toys...   Hike more, raft more , ski more and play crowfall alot more.