Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kee

Lady-Elken! [Fanart/Theory]

The Elken are described as being men cursed for treading too far into the deepest forests (assuming with malicious intent to hunt) - but what of the women?

I propose my convoluted and unnecessarily angsty theory for the cursed damsels, and some fanart to go along with it:

euZJq1f.jpg

~~

Though there were stories and tales to warn folk of the dangers that lurk in the deepwoods, men would enter led by curiosity and thrill. Naught a one would return. Lives were quickly rendered beneath the claw or maw of massive beasts that lurk within, or at the touch of Gaea should their foolhardiness lead them further onward.

But, not all who dare enter do so out of greed or pride.

Those who vanish within often left families behind. Wives, children, friends and family would brave the depths to try and find their loved ones. These wayward souls would rarely survive to see the terrible beasts that guarded Gaea's cursed wood, and surely would never make it far enough to trespass upon her ground.

However... Dedication, grief, love, and loss are powerful forces. The innocent souls that manage to step into the deepwoods had escaped death, but they would not escape the curse. Their bodies were twisted into beasts, like countless others before them - but Gaea gave them a small mercy. They were allowed to keep shred of their humanity, a shadow of a memory. They do not remember their lives before the curse, but they remember the feeling of loss and despair that drove them to their fate. They do not remember the face of those they lost, but they feel the hollowness and the sweet agony of being helpless to save the ones they love.

The heartbroken Elken are not unlike their kin of darker origin. They retain their intelligence, they stay mute and reserved, and they are driven by the passion that brought them to the depths of the wood. But where the transformed hunters are compelled to hunt, they are compelled to protect.

Some of the heartbroken Elken spend their lives wandering the fringes of the darker woods that they were reborn within. They try to deter the fools who venture, or save those who are helpless - but often, they are only able to return the bodies to their families. The pangs of loss never wane, and their dedication never falters.

~~

I haven't really done any fanfic-y stuff like this before, so critique is welcome!

14 hours ago, Zolaz said:

10da932f988e743f31590342cf183526--girls-

So romantic~  Although I don't know how much one would want to go chasing over the sword-wielding variety of deer.

11 hours ago, Kiro said:

nice Kee

Why thankya!

Not to get too fanfic-y, but I don't think there's any reason human women and Elken can't do the hanky-panky if you know what I mean.

Jokes aside (not joking), given that Gaea leans towards merciful, see quote below, it's not unreasonable to assume that a wife might have wished to be reunited with her husband and given a similar form.

Eventually, Gaea’s heart softened and where once was there was anger, pride blossomed. D’Orion was not a rival; he was her great creation. She named him Son and gave him the gift of divinity.

4 hours ago, baerin said:

Not to get too fanfic-y, but I don't think there's any reason human women and Elken can't do the hanky-panky if you know what I mean.

Jokes aside (not joking), given that Gaea leans towards merciful, see quote below, it's not unreasonable to assume that a wife might have wished to be reunited with her husband and given a similar form.

Awwh, I like that idea a lot too. A devoted wifey whose prayers are answered and she... gets turned into a sentient ungulate.

Romance.

Also I don't know how much one should discuss theoretical-video-game-lore-interspecies-nookie before ending up on a watchlist, but it would be pretty interesting to know what would happen if there was some hybrid deerbro/human or deerbro/elf... or  deerbro/guinecean. Oh my god, TINY BURROWING ELK.