Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eye Candy Missing

Verot

On Oct 31 we were teased with some pretty sweet art that was supposed to be followed up on with some more, which would allow us to "tease" out some new feature or reveal. Oddly enough we have had no follow up and the previously mentioned tease no longer seems to be available. 

Thanks for pointing this out. Not all articles were carried over from the old site to the new, so I''ll be porting content over as my time allows. If there are certain articles you're particularly interested in or think of utmost importance, please let me know so I can make sure those are a higher priority. 

Regarding the additional art pieces, they will be featured in future updates. 

12 minutes ago, Pann said:

Regarding the additional art pieces, they will be featured in future updates. 

So, we have to wait until then to work out the tease? Normally these things unpack themselves in a more timely fashion, otherwise the community tends to forget about them, especially when the term soon is used. 2 months.... soon.... same thing i suppose.

Art pieces like these don't have a limited shelf life. They can be plugged in to fill in gaps when planned updates fall through for one reason or another, which happens occasionally. In cases where there's been a long wait between related updates, we link back to the earlier article. 

Sure that all makes sense, but we were told that this particular art piece was a teaser for some new feature/reveal that would be unexpected etc etc etc. So the question remains, was this art piece supposed to be a hint or was it just a simple filler because nothing else was available for that days news item? If it was a hint can you explain the 2 month delay without a follow up.

7 minutes ago, Verot said:

Sure that all makes sense, but we were told that this particular art piece was a teaser for some new feature/reveal that would be unexpected etc etc etc. So the question remains, was this art piece supposed to be a hint or was it just a simple filler because nothing else was available for that days news item? If it was a hint can you explain the 2 month delay without a follow up.

If I recall correctly it was said that it was part of a series but no mention was made of when we would see the rest of them. So I am not sure where you get the idea that we were supposed to see more of them already.

IhhQKY6.gif

Ok, lets take this the next step, obviously we were not told when we would get the next piece so I suppose they could give it to us in 6 months. We can lawyer this thing to death and say no timeline was given. The point I'm making is "generally" when you tease an item and say there are more to come the customer "normally" does not expect to wait 2 months for the next release. We also base this off of past situations where the same mechanic was used by the company which is a metric to base one's expectations. Typically speaking when you are are teasing some feature/reveal its not a good idea to let that topic fade from the customers mind as it defeats the purpose of the "tease".

Also @Pann, can we move this topic back to general as the page not being available is not the result of a bug or web issue. I'm curious to see players thoughts on what the tease is, and that should be part of the general discussion, not buried in a web/bug forum.

Are you sure it was presented as some sort of tease? I thought it was just a series of images that would show off aspects of Crowfall. I got the impression they would be used for advertising Crowfall later, not that they were some short term teaser.

IhhQKY6.gif

Let's be honest , this image was no tease or anything as complex as that. That image was just a filler they used to make up for having nothing to show.

They clearly couldnt just say "Hey folks, we have nothing to show so make do with this cool image.". That is why they implied that this image was part of a series.

I am not pointing fingers but this is the truth.

PS.: @Pann, i agree with @Verot on this. This thread shouldnt have being moved here.

Concept art is something to show. Perhaps you feel entitled to more than a piece of concept art, but that doesn't make this some sort of dropped ball, coverup, or anything else to cry foul about.

IhhQKY6.gif

Maybe it was never designed to be a tease and I took it the wrong way, I'm just basing my expectations on past behavior from the devs and perhaps vague wording of the article in question. From my personal perspective why reference the previous instances that were clearly teasers if this is not one of those cases. Would it not be simpler to say "hey check out this cool concept art from Dave!".

Also, I'm well aware of what I'm entitled to, and that is what was promised and what I paid for. There were no promises in the article and that is something I have not failed to grasp.

Edited by Verot