Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plasmafogking

Please, no advantage for $$$

On 12/27/2017 at 1:27 AM, Plasmafogking said:

So, absolute NO for any of these things:
1) VIP for power, faster progression, better options, any advantage against non-VIP users in combat or crafting
2) Cash shop items who offer faster progression, more powerful items, any advantage over players who aren't buying stuff from cash shop

I personally dislike games that use cash shops for anything other than selling aesthetics or account services (name change / server change / etc) -

BUT, in the way this game is aimed towards working, the difference between a fresh, clean-slate, no-training character and a decked out one is rather minimal. The advantage is based far more on skill and race/class combo.

I personally am skeeved out by the idea of money being entwined with skill progression, but that's not exactly offering an advantage - it's just speeding along the process. You're essentially paying for convenience and time-saving, which is a pretty common and safe microtransaction system and is not a "game killer". It peeves off freebie players, but freebie players will find reasons to be peeved regardless.

I'm not a huge fan, buttt I don't think it is really deserving as much hyperbole and panic as stated. It is not going to "kill" the game. What will kill the game is people over-reacting and polarizing every issue so the community is split. Share your opinion, definitely, but please don't speak in angry absolutes. Absolutes are rather uninviting to productive discussion.

These differences of opinion are a spectrum, not a binary option. There is a lot of middle ground between this extremist view of "Give 29.99, become an unstoppable tyrant" and "We don't have a cash shop because profiting as a business is for meanies, and our devs can live just fine off top ramen".

1 hour ago, APE said:

I mention relics/artifacts, mounts, pack animals when folks say the store is purely EK cosmetics. Clearly there are already CW items or at least those that buff CW performance. Typically companies progress over time adding more and more questionable items to the store, not the reverse.

So far there are a grant total of 2 relics in the store, one " Grants: a variety of magical blessings, which vary in type and strength based on the material(s) sacrificed. ", the other mention " Grants: For a short period of time, players can bask in the radiance of Arkon’s Light to receive the Blessing of Dawn, briefly improving the critical chance on all harvesting activities. "

and bot are to be placed in the EK, assuming a similar function I would say none of this seem like it would effect CW much, and in both cases anyway you need to sacrifice things for those buffs, so just having them is not enough to get the buffs.

For mounts and pack pigs, they provide a single mount/packpig that like anything else would disappear eventually, and then a skin you can apply to any mounts/pack pigs you get your hands on, and if my memory serves me right once the game launch you will not actually get a mount figurine off those purchases anymore, but ONLY the skin, making it cosmetic only.

For all of those count though that we have about 0% knowledge of how they actually gonna be working so far in the game, and as such impossible to say if they will have significant, if any actual effect on the game, and as such are kinda pointless to bring up, for all we know you might be able to be one hit killed while mounted, as pack pigs as well killed by a single basic attack (Okay probably not, but you know exaggeration promotes understanding and all that)

3 hours ago, Kee said:

BUT, in the way this game is aimed towards working, the difference between a fresh, clean-slate, no-training character and a decked out one is rather minimal. The advantage is based far more on skill and race/class combo.

I personally am skeeved out by the idea of money being entwined with skill progression, but that's not exactly offering an advantage - it's just speeding along the process. You're essentially paying for convenience and time-saving

While ACE has said they want a "super shallow power curve" looking at what is possible through passive training and from gear so far, I have my doubts that it will be insignificant. If so, kind of defeats the purpose of training for months/years and going after higher quality resources for higher quality gear.

They've used the WoW extreme before where a lvl 100 is a billion times stronger than a lvl 1, but being 10-25-50-75%+ stronger is still nothing to dismiss in my opinion. All the little vertical gains will add up. So far there isn't a lot of "skill" involved when it comes to combat and less so crafting/gathering at least compared to some other games. Race/Class seems rather meh as is beyond some minor stat variation and alternative options. While I don't believe numbers on paper will be all that matters, player skill has limits when the skill ceiling isn't very high.

When passive training is a key aspect of vertical power growth, being able to speed up the process is more significant then in a game where one can optionally grind out over a weekend, week, month, etc to gain max level or whatever. One can't make time faster....unless they "pay" it seems. True one is paying for convenience and time saving but if that can result in a stronger chance at victory, is very valuable.

2 hours ago, Gummiel said:

So far there are a grant total of 2 relics in the store...... and bot are to be placed in the EK, assuming a similar function I would say none of this seem like it would effect CW much, and in both cases anyway you need to sacrifice things for those buffs, so just having them is not enough to get the buffs.

For mounts and pack pigs, they provide a single mount/packpig that like anything else would disappear eventually, and then a skin you can apply to any mounts/pack pigs you get your hands on, and if my memory serves me right once the game launch you will not actually get a mount figurine off those purchases anymore, but ONLY the skin, making it cosmetic only.

For all of those count though that we have about 0% knowledge of how they actually gonna be working so far in the game, and as such impossible to say if they will have significant, if any actual effect on the game, and as such are kinda pointless to bring up, for all we know you might be able to be one hit killed while mounted, as pack pigs as well killed by a single basic attack (Okay probably not, but you know exaggeration promotes understanding and all that)

True relics/artifacts are placed in EKs, but blessings are account wide no matter if you are in EK or CW based on the FAQ. If you are suggesting one might buy an item that provides buffs then not do what is necessary to activate it, is possible, but I'm going to assume people will buy them to use not only for cosmetic reasons.

Curious where they said that figurines wouldn't be included in the store after a certain point. If only the FAQ was updated with all the little details they reveal across multiple channels...

As per the FAQ, figurine mounts (crafted or store bought) appear to be "better" than those that will be tamed in-game without knowing further details. Considering it says we need a certain riding skill to use them, wonder if store bought are like a 1st tier with crafted/tamed being higher allowing store bought to be used by anyone. Could make store bought more valuable due to accessibility in obtaining and using.

Personally believe the "you can lose it" excuse to not be the best. If my goal is to win and I can buy something to help in that, the chance or guarantee that I'll lose the item at some point doesn't decrease my chance at victory. If anything it puts me a step further to the next victory along with being able to continue to buy items that I might have lost. 

Beyond increasing the incentive for people to buy such items, I see little game/player value for selling mounts along with skins that don't directly impact gameplay. Even if they've sold them, they could credit accounts and make the change. Just rewards players that bought in early to increase their lead further.

Saying it is pointless to bring up things because we don't know pretty much shuts down 99% of the discussion on here.... we don't know quite a lot and even things we have access to on the test servers leaves a lot to be desired in actual launch experience.

As you said, mounts dying in a single attack is an exaggeration. Common sense from having any experience in gaming doesn't make some conclusions hard to make.

Beyond them stating things as fact and set in stone, we don't know how far they will let cash influence the game and I believe people have a right to be concerned and question before they invest time/money into a product. Better than those that blindly buy things then throw a fit when it doesn't meet expectations. Devs could do quite a bit more in "transparency" when it comes to many details of things announced.

Edited by APE

One thing we're missing is the ability for a b2p player to obtain VIP without having to use a CC.  

A gatherer could sell raw materials for VIP or use VIP to be protected while gathering.
A crafter could sell goods for VIP or use VIP to get raw materials or use VIP for protection while crafting at a forge.
A pvper could use VIP to get better equipment or gain VIP for protecting a crafter, gatherer or a convoy.

There may be more situations but these can happen.

Warframe has a free market for their platinum (plat) that has to be purchased from DE (the developer). Anyone that wants plat can grind for Prime items and trade those for Plat or they can farm for certain mods and trade those for Plat. This allows a player to player economy to exist. A f2p player can buy everything in the cash shop (1 exception exist) just by grinding a little bit.

I relate that to CF but with VIP, as I hope VIP can be converted to Crowns so everyone can buy everything from the shop. 

I haven't seen it mentioned that anyone that pays for gear can lose it! So there will be a risk to spending cash for items. I remember reading about a person that spent some cash in a game and was killed as they walked out of the city gates and the purchases were looted. I've tried finding the source but I can't. Things that like will happen in CF. People will think epic or legendary gear makes them immortal and they will die.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

1 minute ago, jetah said:

People will think epic or legendary gear makes them immortal and they will die.

Or they will kill someone that spent X hours earning in-game through time, effort, skill...

Both are possible of course.

However, who's going to be more unsettled?

Guy who spent $20 or whatever that likely will just replace what they lost or the one that spent hours of real life that they can't just replace quickly?

For me, I just hope it is clear on ACEs part (unlikely) to new/interested people how things work.

Reading the FAQ it can be misleading unless people connect dots and understand how these models work.

35 minutes ago, APE said:

Or they will kill someone that spent X hours earning in-game through time, effort, skill...

Both are possible of course.

However, who's going to be more unsettled?

Guy who spent $20 or whatever that likely will just replace what they lost or the one that spent hours of real life that they can't just replace quickly?

For me, I just hope it is clear on ACEs part (unlikely) to new/interested people how things work.

Reading the FAQ it can be misleading unless people connect dots and understand how these models work.

both will be upset. 20$ person might have spent their months allowance and it was taken from them or might have spent a week working and that was their budget for the month.  the person that farmed the goods already had said goods. who's to say how much time was spent as we don't know.   Time was spent in both cases, either earning cash to spend or farming materials or providing protection while materials were being gathered/crafted.

there's a reason why games stopped removing things from players. the players get upset. DAoC was the last game I knew of that had decay on gear. WoW came along and said "you won't lose xp by death nor will you ever lose gear via decay".  Bah I just remember Eve Online.

people are never happy when they lose stuff. I lost a good big in the '16 flood. natural disasters are devastating.

etDenA9.png

7 hours ago, Plasmafogking said:

Since when +40 € is little/nothing? That's how much games costs. Also, what kind of ignorant person would advocate for death of a game they are looking forward to play? Well, that person is you, but why?

I am not trying to be rude or antagonizing. I just feel you have a disconnect, and are indeed the "ignorant one advocating the death of a game". You want to pigeon hole the rest of the community and the game's future into a play style you believe to be "fair" because you are either cheap or poor. A game has to have a revenue stream to keep it going... Staff? Updates? Fixes? Content? Support?.... get it? The FACT is, if you play in a good community and have one non VIP account, you can compete on equal footing in PVP. What you cannot do in this game is be everything.

In the large scheme of things, 50 USD is nothing, considering the hundreds of hours of entertainment it provides if you do in fact enjoy the game. I spend that on one poorly made socksty two hour movie (with concessions) for me my wife and my son. If you cannot afford a 15 dollar monthly sub, you probably need to focus your time on something else in the real world instead of playing video games.

It's ironic really 

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎27 at 7:04 PM, Plasmafogking said:

POE is free to play yet they manage to survive without any P2W vip stuff. That's not an excuse.
Also, ARCHEAGE had incentive for player to go for VIP service, and just look how it turned out - graveyard instead of a game.

well i would more compare it to eve online as it uses a similar skill system also :) so i would say it seems fine :P basically looks the same as alpha and omega clones in eve.

last i checked eve has been around far longer than World of warcraft among others :)

Edited by Sqapp

5 hours ago, APE said:

When passive training is a key aspect of vertical power growth, being able to speed up the process is more significant then in a game where one can optionally grind out over a weekend, week, month, etc to gain max level or whatever. One can't make time faster....unless they "pay" it seems. True one is paying for convenience and time saving but if that can result in a stronger chance at victory, is very valuable. 

You realize it doesn't make you train faster....you can just train more options. All of which will really only benefit you in specific situations. You're never getting double bonuses from any of the trees on a single race/class. 

Also I'm going to highly doubt high quality gear, if even possible to buy somehow with irl and conversions, will be much more expensive. I've played economies in many many games very successfully, including games with irl money to in game currency conversion. And more often than not you're forking over a whole lot more than $20. Plus most people are gonna keep their gear to themselves because it's constantly needing to be replaced. My guess is that nobody or very little of the population will be buying anything other than raw mats should that even be a viable option.

Skill training isn't really that big. The only big difference between new and old players will be select skills like stealth stat, move speed, etc. Otherwise the ratio of power to time spend on skills drops drastically in the later stages of training. So while new players are getting stronger quite quickly, old players are getting stronger quite slowly in terms of skill advancement. 

I don't know guys. I'm seeing very little viable or reasonable ways to P2W or pay to gain a significant advantage, at least at this stage of system designs. The only thing I really see that could cause issues among new players without VIP is double general training. That's about it. But I'd recommend those players go harvesting anyways to start unless they join a structured guild.

On 2017-12-31 at 2:40 AM, armegeddon said:

I am not trying to be rude or antagonizing. I just feel you have a disconnect, and are indeed the "ignorant one advocating the death of a game". You want to pigeon hole the rest of the community and the game's future into a play style you believe to be "fair" because you are either cheap or poor. <- the entitlement i spoke about "i have money, now give me power". Is your daddy really gives you that much money that you can be "that rich kid in school"?

A game has to have a revenue stream to keep it going... Staff? Updates? Fixes? Content? Support?.... get it? <- you mean how people who like the game support it however they like? Oh no, not that. You just want to turn this into regular cash-grab money-for-power game for short lived rush of being stronger because "you aren't poor or cheap".

The FACT is, if you play in a good community and have one non VIP account, you can compete on equal footing in PVP. What you cannot do in this game is be everything. <- is that a promise? Can you bet your life on that statement? Also, what if i play in "community" where nobody have VIP and we play against "community" whose main requirement to join is having VIP? Will that also place us on equal ground?

In the large scheme of things, 50 USD is nothing <- the hell? Are you a monkey? That's how much a full game costs. ANY FULL GAME.

considering the hundreds of hours of entertainment it provides if you do in fact enjoy the game. <- for a price of a full game.

If you cannot afford a 15 dollar monthly sub, you probably need to focus your time on something else in the real world instead of playing video games. <- so, i HAVE to spend money? It is not optional? Because you are painting a picture that people HAVE to get VIP or get together with lots of other people who have VIP to do anything here. As ARCHEAGE gloriously illustrated: THAT IS THE WORST THING ANY COMPANY CAN IMPLEMENT FOR ANY OF THEIR GAMES.

I'm not gonna quote the above because it makes the thread way too long. 

But I'd like to ask you @Plasmafogkinghow you think a game which will more than likely have a small player base, rely on that small player base to support the game "how they like"? What ways will those players support the game? How is that a solid business plan, solid enough to continue running a company? I'm guessing ACE would prefer to have a monthly guaranteed profit plan rather than relying on the gratuity of a small player base. 

If you join a community in where nobody has VIP, yah you're going to be able to compete on equal footing. You will more than likely need more coordination between who trains what...but that's really about it. There are far more factors that will contribute to a win than which team has VIP. If you're concerned that the VIP community will also have combat training...I can say still training in regards to combat is a very very minor percentage of the total power. More than likely the fight will be decided by team comps, discipline choices, coordination, and pre-fight coordination. 

34 minutes ago, Jjohnsin said:

I'm not gonna quote the above because it makes the thread way too long. 

But I'd like to ask you @Plasmafogkinghow you think a game which will more than likely have a small player base, rely on that small player base to support the game "how they like"? What ways will those players support the game? How is that a solid business plan, solid enough to continue running a company? I'm guessing ACE would prefer to have a monthly guaranteed profit plan rather than relying on the gratuity of a small player base. 

If you join a community in where nobody has VIP, yah you're going to be able to compete on equal footing. You will more than likely need more coordination between who trains what...but that's really about it. There are far more factors that will contribute to a win than which team has VIP. If you're concerned that the VIP community will also have combat training...I can say still training in regards to combat is a very very minor percentage of the total power. More than likely the fight will be decided by team comps, discipline choices, coordination, and pre-fight coordination. 

Well, why do you assume so many things?
1. Why do you assume that only very little amount of people will play? Loads of people donated and bought the game already, lots of massive youtube channels and gaming "news" sites are building hype about this game. This game attracting quite a lot of attention and it will attract even more as time goes on. So, why do you assume that only very little amount of players will play this?
2. Why do you assume that only way for game to survive is to offer game changing cash shop stuff and unfair advantages through monthly subscription? There are many games who survive without that and many games who died because of the same mindset you present.
3. Why do you assume that selling only cosmetics is not a viable business plan? Should i again point at Path of Exile? Or do you think they started with millions of players who paid monthly?
4. Why do you assume that cash shop and VIP will be "very very minor percentage of the total power"? Are you responsible for the game release and already know at what kind of state it will be released?

Archeage didn't die in popularity cause of some subscription model or VIP-like thing. It died cause XLGames told Trion to put Thunderstruck trees in a loot box and sell it on the cash shop to dope people into spending thousands on the crap. That was the tipping point of when people started quitting very fast. Archeage is still a pretty solid game but a lot of gamers rage quit in protest cause of that BS move XLGames did. So the hell with both of those companies. Trion even did something similar to their own MMO Rift within the first 6 months of its release by making broken balance patches for a game that was populated by mostly pvpers and not pve raiders. So yeah, screw both of those companies.

A lot of these things you think are assumptions aren't actually assumptions. We give ACE our feedback on things, they address those concerns and questions by clarifying the direction of stuff. They've said multiple times that VIP isn't going to be this huge game breaking thing in Crowfall and if it ends up being just that then they are fully aware, even have admitted to it, that the majority of the player base will bail on them. They understand the pitfalls more than any of us probably think they do.

Btw, happy New Year! :D

3 hours ago, Plasmafogking said:

Well, why do you assume so many things?
1. Why do you assume that only very little amount of people will play? Loads of people donated and bought the game already, lots of massive youtube channels and gaming "news" sites are building hype about this game. This game attracting quite a lot of attention and it will attract even more as time goes on. So, why do you assume that only very little amount of players will play this?
2. Why do you assume that only way for game to survive is to offer game changing cash shop stuff and unfair advantages through monthly subscription? There are many games who survive without that and many games who died because of the same mindset you present.
3. Why do you assume that selling only cosmetics is not a viable business plan? Should i again point at Path of Exile? Or do you think they started with millions of players who paid monthly?
4. Why do you assume that cash shop and VIP will be "very very minor percentage of the total power"? Are you responsible for the game release and already know at what kind of state it will be released?

1. Because the developers have said it's a niche title that will appeal to a niche audience. If you read comments on those videos most of the people are turned off because it's full PvP and very punishing in certain aspects. The people who signed up for beta are simply interested in trying the game...emphasis on trying. There is no guarantee all those players will stick around for the long run. 

2. VIP is not game changing, not sure where you got that idea. It's true that many games do that, but many games are not MMORPGS with a lot of overhead. Plus bigger player bases with easier to develop assets. 

3. It's not a viable business plan, especially at the launch of a game, because it is not guaranteed. It is not steady. And it is not something you can reliably build a budget around. Especially not until you have purchase data from time that the game has already spent being played after launch. I'm not saying that it's not possible to run a game on cosmetics...I'm saying it's unreliable when you don't have data to build a budget around. 

4. Because the devs have again stated that skill progression is a long-term shallow curve power system. Most of your immediate power will come from gear, vessels, and disciplines. 

A lot of this stuff you think everyone is "assuming" are not assumptions. Because we have been testing for at least a year, personally, and much longer than a year for other people. We've already had these debates a long time ago. We've already gotten responses from the devs about the issues we raised 

On 12/30/2017 at 4:09 PM, jetah said:

Time was spent in both cases, either earning cash to spend or farming materials or providing protection while materials were being gathered/crafted.

Hopefully people are aware of this prior to buying the game. Unfortunately there seems to be many out there that buy into games seeing things like "buy once play forever" and what not that don't really paint the full picture and then get upset afterwards. While it is a nice influx of cash for companies, I believe it hurts them overtime.

On 12/30/2017 at 9:15 PM, Jjohnsin said:

You realize it doesn't make you train faster....you can just train more options. All of which will really only benefit you in specific situations. You're never getting double bonuses from any of the trees on a single race/class. 

My guess is that nobody or very little of the population will be buying anything other than raw mats should that even be a viable option.

Skill training isn't really that big.

I don't know guys. I'm seeing very little viable or reasonable ways to P2W or pay to gain a significant advantage, at least at this stage of system designs. 

Options can make for a more overall useful and powerful character. As I've mentioned training both a non-combat + combat line is greater than only one. Allows a character double opportunity to be of greater use, especially if one isn't able to do their main role all the time. As far as class/race, having more choices is situational as you can only play one at a time, but for anyone that has played a MOBA or even MMO, having the option to play something more viable in a situation (scouting, roaming, raiding POI, siege offense/defense, etc), increases positive outcomes.

Fine to guess at this point as to what will happen, but I've yet to play in a similar model that didn't have a group using the cash for advantage route. Typically they are those floating around at the top.

Skill training isn't that big, nor gear, nor player skill, I hope something ends up being important.

As is, the system seems to welcome cash for advantage in whatever way. How influential it will be is unknown.

5 hours ago, Jjohnsin said:

A lot of this stuff you think everyone is "assuming" are not assumptions. Because we have been testing for at least a year, personally, and much longer than a year for other people. We've already had these debates a long time ago. We've already gotten responses from the devs about the issues we raised 

They might have addressed some of this but it isn't clear as to what their stance is without knowing where to look and spending time doing so.

They are fans of twinking.

VIP and possibly everything from the store can be bought with cash and traded for advantage/convenience in game, including Tomes which provide stat boosts.

They sell a few items that can influence in-game performance.

3rd parties approved to sell items for items.

They are fans of EVE which is known for people having alts and spending cash to get ahead.

To me it is clear where they stand but unfortunately people not around for a long time or knowing where to get info are out of luck. Clearly the OP should move on as the game isn't for them.

56 minutes ago, APE said:

Hopefully people are aware of this prior to buying the game. Unfortunately there seems to be many out there that buy into games seeing things like "buy once play forever" and what not that don't really paint the full picture and then get upset afterwards. While it is a nice influx of cash for companies, I believe it hurts them overtime.

There are games that allow trading of premium currency for game items and are doing well. This allows the worker-bee to buy game stuff and the no-life to buy store stuff.  I don't like convenience (xp boost, time skip, pay to not play the game, etc) and would prefer all cosmetics with some account services only.

Developers really underestimate people and their personal housing. There are tons of cosmetics that could be sold (and earned via playing the game with an economy).

etDenA9.png

7 hours ago, APE said:

To me it is clear where they stand but unfortunately people not around for a long time or knowing where to get info are out of luck. Clearly the OP should move on as the game isn't for them.

When this project started the developers promised that the only cash-shop items will be cosmetic and will not offer any advantages. Did it changed since then? It appear so. Would care to admit that not getting what you were promised to get might be an issue?

On 12/27/2017 at 2:42 PM, DocHollidaze said:

The only things that kill games faster than P2W is a subscription fee, oh and a company not having any revenue to cover the costs of continued development and support.

I...sincerely hope this was sarcasm. But it's too early in the morning for me to tell, so on the off chance that it wasn't, let me point out Final Fantasy XIV and World of Warcraft?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

On 12/30/2017 at 12:36 AM, Brindylln said:

Yeah, Warden appears to be effective. It's also the reason I never played WoW (way too invasive for my taste).

CCP (Eve Online) drops the ban hammer a lot as well, and they don't have client-side anti-cheat software (at least, not the invasive kind). They wrote a good protocol that lets them detect cheats on the server, and came up with mechanics whereby botting is pretty much the fastest way to get yourself killed. Still, tools like 'near' were widespread (not sure if or how they have stopped that one).

This, yes, thank you. Game companies have to walk a razor's edge when it comes to real money influencing their game's economy, because it's a much more complex issue than most people are willing to acknowledge. Blizzard decided to take the more aggressive approach, and it worked out - they had a lot of botters and gold farmers, and in an effort to stop them, they decided to implement an extremely invasive anti-cheat program called The Warden. This happened more than a decade ago, some of its earlier iterations actually predating WoW, since it was originally implemented to stop the rampant hacking in Diablo 2 and Starcraft. There was a bit of a poorly made socksstorm over how invasive it was - it required access to your task manager and reserved the right to examine what tasks were running as a way of ensuring that you weren't running any blacklisted programs, among other things.

If this sounds like DRM, that's because it is exactly DRM, but unlike so many other implementations, it worked, resulting in a massive reduction in botters and the near-overnight destruction of maphacks.

However, just because there were so many fewer hackers didn't mean that the cash economy that had utilized them disappeared - places like D2JSP exist even today, allowing you to indirectly exchange cash for in-game items through a secondary market. Basically, you "donate" money to the site to help keep it running, and in exchange you get a currency that can be traded around the forums. That currency is traded between account holders in exchange for in-game trades, and there are various security measures you can utilize to prevent scamming if you so choose. However, as a result of the game preventing easy farming of valuable resources, they became less common and less relevant.

At the time, though, Blizzard took issue with this secondary market, and as a result attempted to implement their own version of it in Diablo 3. You may have heard of the Auction House debacle, but if not, let me describe it for you in one sentence: Blizzard tried to do that thing I just described all official-like and it was a dumpster fire.

At the end of the day, Blizzard - and every game company - has to make a decision. They can either find a way to prevent people from cheating by force, or they can find a way to dissuade them from cheating by making it easier for them to get what they need in-game through various means. The alternative is just letting cheating run rampant and hoping it doesn't tank the game's economy.

The reality, though, is that most game companies opt for somewhere in the middle of the two, because neither of those options is a good one in the eyes of most gamers, and most game developers realize this. But the common thread is that, no matter what game developers do, if a game is popular enough, people will try to make money off of it, and how a developer chooses to limit this is always going to offend somebody's delicate sensibilities, because this is the internet where everybody is equal and no opinion is invalid. -_-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.