Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Keybinding Update - Official Discussion Thread

29 minutes ago, bsbllclown said:

I know i'm a minority but i'm left handed and don't use WSAD and use the enter key as one of my keybinds, so this kinda sucks. Any reason why you have decided to hard code keys? Honest question since i've seen a few other AAA devs do this and this has never been the case for the last 25+ years in gaming. Hard Coding keys seems to be a newer thing and I honestly would love to know the technical reason for it. 

I'll just have to use a third party program like autohot key, its just annoying that i have to do that for such a basic function. 

ehmm... did you read the news post you commenting on?...

12 minutes ago, Gummiel said:

ehmm... did you read the news post you commenting on?...

Did you? 

" There are some keys that are off limits (Esc, Enter, and the Windows key), but these changes allow for every in-game action to be freely and uniquely bound."

"As mentioned, like any game, there will be a few keys that are off limits. These include Esc, Enter, and the Windows key. Everything else is up for grabs! "

8 minutes ago, bsbllclown said:

Did you? 

" There are some keys that are off limits (Esc, Enter, and the Windows key), but these changes allow for every in-game action to be freely and uniquely bound."

"As mentioned, like any game, there will be a few keys that are off limits. These include Esc, Enter, and the Windows key. Everything else is up for grabs! "

that is like very few there..., and 99% of games both past and present ahve those keys locked, I cant even think of one game ever that allowed the windows key to be rebound (pretty sure they one would conflict with your OS to try and bind it ingame), and very few allows rebinding of esc and enter as well (mainly to prevent you from doing stupid poorly made socks like not allowing you to even exit the game the normal way, and such)

3 minutes ago, Gummiel said:

that is like very few there..., and 99% of games both past and present ahve those keys locked, I cant even think of one game ever that allowed the windows key to be rebound (pretty sure they one would conflict with your OS to try and bind it ingame), and very few allows rebinding of esc and enter as well (mainly to prevent you from doing stupid poorly made socks like not allowing you to even exit the game the normal way, and such)

Not going to get into this further as you are just trolling and have no interest in facts. 

4 hours ago, yiannit said:

Using the left and right mouse button doesn't work for everyone.... I still don't understand why an autorun feature can't be put in.

Also not everyone uses a standard mouse. I don't have a middle button. I'm guessing you can rebind Alt mode

.i hope there's an option to change the zoom for the map

Yes, Alt mode can be rebound. That's just an example of a keybinding setup you can use.

3 hours ago, Sanders said:

Question, a lot of keys have tooltips that show the letter of the key to be used. For example "F" now when I rebind this to another key will it still say "F" or will the tooltip be appropriately updated? 

Yep, the tooltip will be appropriately updated!

My son is stoked...... I have been trying to get him used to a G13 the he HATES..... I told him yesterday he could put it for sale on the local classified Facebook page :)

Thus might even get me off my old N52....... I still really like it but it would be soooooooooooooooooo nice to not have to carry it with me to work!

Solid QOL improvement - Thx Ace

On 12/30/2017 at 1:21 PM, Mayhem_ said:

My son is stoked...... I have been trying to get him used to a G13 the he HATES..... I told him yesterday he could put it for sale on the local classified Facebook page :)

Thus might even get me off my old N52....... I still really like it but it would be soooooooooooooooooo nice to not have to carry it with me to work!

Solid QOL improvement - Thx Ace

get the orbweaver. it has 5 more buttons, and no scroll wheel! I actually can't play without my orbweaver.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

3 minutes ago, Weebles said:

You should report that on the bug report forum.

I did in both 5.5 and 5.6 subforums but everything is lumped together, feedback and bugs so I have no idea if devs are even aware.

I cannot find a bug tracker to see which bugs are reported, which ones are being worked on, when they are going to test environment and so on.

It would be so much better if we had a dedicated forum or system only for bugs with voting and browsing.  JIRA for example or something similar. Current bug reporting is far from optimal and feel totally disorganized from my novice perspective.

11 hours ago, XphaedX said:

i hope they make autorun re-assignable.  they need to realize numlock isn't available on all keyboards without using a proprietary function modifier.

I reassigned my auto run key.

IhhQKY6.gif