Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jjohnsin

Inventory Organization

I'm someone who likes to organize my inventory: resources bottom left, food top left, armor bottom right, so and so forth. And I had a nice quality of life idea. Maybe even just make it a VIP benefit, or don't, doesn't matter. But I would love this.

I'd love to be able to go into my inventory and select from the grid where I want certain items to go. I.e. I can click and drag a 4x4 box of my inventory and tag it so ore will initially enter there instead of top left. Click and drag a 2x8 box so when I pick up weapons, they initially fill out those inventory slots of the grid. 

Would make inventory management much easier, which I think can get out of hand sometimes with all the different resources and their rarities. Just an idea. Lmk what you think!

Wow, that would indeed make inventory a lot cleaner.

Bags will do this to a certain point so we should wait and see how they will work. If we can carry multiple bags they could do exactly as you described, the only problem would be how they would restrict inventory size in that situation.

5 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

Wow, that would indeed make inventory a lot cleaner.

Bags will do this to a certain point so we should wait and see how they will work. If we can carry multiple bags they could do exactly as you described, the only problem would be how they would restrict inventory size in that situation.

Ahhh I totally forgot about bags. Good point. However I imagined that you could select an area, if that area fills up then it just defaults back to the next open spot from the top left. Though perhaps another option would be able to choose where the default input for items into your inventory is 

I like the mods for WoW that organize inventory in categories. Trade Goods (resources) Armor, Weapon, Recipes, Consumables, Miscellaneous. You could even add any item to a new category. You could separate leather, plate and mail or create a category for your class.

here's an example of the inventory ui with some categories highlighted:
 pvw64835.png

The columns could be changed, I had 1 column.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

For myself i try to organisite my inventory allready!

Something like bags for weapons, harvesting ingredients or something else, would maybe be helpful to have a good overview all time...

With looting enemies we need to see everything without this departmentsystem again. When this would only optional for the own charakter i would like to see it :)

Please for the love of god... when looting...stack like items. I don’t even think that’s an extra feature.... but killing somebody then looting, then taking the next few minutes trying to stack it all, or when you push/pull from bank it doesn’t stack either.

lets not even talk about all the random languages I have in my inventory.  I had to google translate a few times....

On 1/3/2018 at 5:46 AM, Xpade said:

Please for the love of god... when looting...stack like items. I don’t even think that’s an extra feature.... but killing somebody then looting, then taking the next few minutes trying to stack it all, or when you push/pull from bank it doesn’t stack either.

lets not even talk about all the random languages I have in my inventory.  I had to google translate a few times....

i just want to r-click into my inventory which auto stacks said items...

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty