Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
checkyotrack

Pve Penalties.

I am proposing penalties for people who hide from PvP or spend an inordinately amount of time focusing on PvE.

If a player does not leave a safe zone or has not engaged in PvP in a certain amount of time while they are logged in the server should flag and debuff them while making them killable in safe zones.

This will encourage combat and make sure everyone stays on an even footing.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I am proposing penalties for people who hide from PvP or spend and inordinately amount of time focusing on PvE.

If a player does not leave a safe zone or has not engaged in PvP in a certain amount of time while they are logged in the server should flag and debuff them while making them killable in safe zones.

Hmmm, could work, depends on how "safe" these safe zones turn out to be in any case. Still too much information we don't know. Good chance that in campaigns (and I think this is what you're referring to), there may not be any safe zones at all. Maybe when you first spawn in a campaign...maybe.

1. Why punish people for their playstyles?

2. There should be no absolute safe zones from enemies.

3. There are plenty of ways to incentivize PvP without artificial measures like this.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

I am suspicious that you're trolling, check. If so, I get your point.

If not, I have to counter with this being essentially equivalent to flagging persistent "pkers". In both cases, players should do the policing. If somebody wants to stand in a safe zone (I hope there are very few to none), that is their prerogative and they are missing a lot of the game - I would point to Tully's early statements regarding PvP being impossible to fully avoid if you want to get the most out of this game. Players can identify to which active group that player belongs and target them.

If a player avoids PvP because they are accomplishing something that PvP might hinder badly, such as pulling carts with material stacks, they should be rewarded for their skill in that area, not artificially punished by the game.

My 2 c.

Edited by mctan

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

Why am I so misunderstood?

If you were serious, you'd multiquote every single person who posts, respond to all of them in a disjointed, bullet-pointed babble, and insult anyone who fails to comprehend the scope of your epic genius, usually in ways that stopped actually being insulting around the time those people were seven years old.

You should get a reality TV show!

Would it be on VH1 and will I be a D list celebrity selecting from a group of gold digging waitresses to marry?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I think we should actually take it a step further and have pve flagging. If you kill a mob unprovoked your name should turn red and you shouldnt be able to pve for at least a day. And if you are flagged red all npcs can attack yOu. If you die when red you should suffer stat and gear loss.

Think about the hellcats. They have families too

X6RBqg7.gif

PvE in this game appears to be just killing some mobs for crafting mats,there are no raids or instanced dungeons. This will also likely take place in zones that are PvP enabled, so not sure how one would think to hide from PvP.

Edited by pang

No non-consensual PvE should be allowed, you have to get permission from in game support before being allowed to kill a Mob. Also you should get nothing from a Mob after killing it that way it will prevent griefing of the Mobs, the fight with the AI should be enough of a reward.

I am proposing penalties for people who hide from PvP or spend an inordinately amount of time focusing on PvE.

Penalty 1: Your game should shut down.

Penalty 2: Your brain should shut down.

I feel like these would been even more harsher, and would guarantee that pvp happens on a consistent basis.

Give them 3 strikes, on killing of the third innocent mob are to be brought in front of the NPC Board for Mob Rights who have the power to confiscate the guilty party of all effects, followed by hasty (sometimes messy) execution.

Not recommended in winter!

Why am I so misunderstood?

Just read the "PK penalties" thread title before reading this one. I get your point and I'm with you.

But hey, again double standards and hypocrisy in the community. It's ok to penalize PK playstyle but not ok to do so with PvErs... =)

Actually, can't wait to greet ingame those who want to penalize PK

http://youtu.be/tmeM5CZM7_4

Edited by innadril

Not a bad idea... as long as it is only in a few campaigns. I have said it many times before, the beauty of Crowfall seems to be the fact that each campaign has its own rules. There is no reason there should NOT be at least one campaign that is brutal ruthless no holds bared adrenaline pumping free for all PvP with nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

On the same note, there is no reason for there NOT to also be campaigns that are rather light on or have no PvP at all. Choose your campaign... choose your poison.

Edited by Vell

There is a reason, it's called conflicting player bases. The result is every interaction turning into a flame war where players feel like they have to fight for the needs of their community to keep the game from being pulled farther in the "wrong" direction.