Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
blazzen

Siege at Archenstone

The forces of Chaos and Order battle over the Archenstone Keep!

Thanks to Winterblades for coordinating this event with us. Good Fights!

EDIT: I think this was the largest battle to date in Crowfall. Peak numbers were 24 order and 28 Chaos (not including @ACE_Jackal who was spectating on Chaos). Framerate was low but the server held up for an overall enjoyable experience. 

EDIT #2: For those wondering I'm on a pretty old computer. i5 2500k @ 4.4gighz, GTX 780, 16 GB ram, SSD. This is on default settings (I should've gone to basic for this but forgot). 

Edited by blazzen
comp specs

Cool video--looks like a fun fight.  Spell effects need a toning down it seems--looks like a Christmas disco with just over 50 participants.  Imagine if there were 100?

EDIT:  Actually, mute Blazzen's video and play it starting at 1:08 with this Xanadu video playing as a sound track when you watch.  Lol... I'm not crapping on your video Blazzen it's awesome, and your fight is awesome, its just those effects en masse are too much. 

Edited by Regulus

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Geeeez...that's definitely a siege. Looks awesome guys. Pretty jealous that I missed it, even getting to spectate would have been very cool! 

Surprised the server handled it that well, looked pretty laggy at times and spell effects definitely all over the place but overall, looked pretty solid

It was a slide show for some people, fairly playable for others. I think overall everything seemed to work as intended, though certain skills seem to damage trees/walls more than I would expect. 

Big thanks to Smilgax for sticking with me as they could for that 9:00 attempt to hold the bottom floor haha 8 }

The worst part functionality wise IMO was when the NW wall "rebuilt" it's foundation in a part of the siege not showcased here. It affected both sides pretty badly I think and should certainly be looked at changing for the future. I understand building destruction has gone through a few iterations and recent changes but it needs more still. Walls should not "rebuild" in such a way as combatants can get stuck or it can block and separate members from their team/group/faction.

My PoV was actually being inside the wall but I am sure there are others who captured the moment that wall "rebuilt" from a better vantage point. This happened only 3 minutes after the wall was destroyed.

Edited by Scorn

ScornofLife2.jpg

I have to say Order's effort to push back the initial push into the keep by Chaos felt like a real game of chess. very fast move, counter move and so on. Was really fun to be in the thick of it. As a non-PvPcentric player I had a blast. thanks to all of the Order players, UDL, HOA, LOD, TB and others for allowing this scrub to tag a long. hehe look I'm shooting things! Who would have thought? 

IkaI2EN.png

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

I had a ton of fun doing this event from start to finish. I really loved that @ACE_Jackal came to watch. Its really nice to see members of ACE actually enjoying and watching people play their game. That was a pretty big event as far as numbers involved and I cant wait for more like it with even more people. Good Fights everyone involved!

not all were at 10, some were some weren't. I was holding 20+ with a few dips but overall with the zero optimization that has been done I cant really complain about the performance with that many spell effects being used in that tight of a spot

Was definitely a great deal of fun, and I was very happy to see Jack there - hope to see more ACE people in game and more sieges and so on going forward. In-game activities like sieges are where we are truly able to evaluate both how the game is doing from a performance perspective as well as a gameplay perspective, we should absolutely do more of these! It also helps promote the game, not everyone has played Shadowbane and knows how much of a great experience a siege is! :)

25 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

Was definitely a great deal of fun, and I was very happy to see Jack there - hope to see more ACE people in game and more sieges and so on going forward. In-game activities like sieges are where we are truly able to evaluate both how the game is doing from a performance perspective as well as a gameplay perspective, we should absolutely do more of these! It also helps promote the game, not everyone has played Shadowbane and knows how much of a great experience a siege is! :)

*cough cough* *hint hint* devs could come to one of these sieges do an sky camera view of a Crow flying over and have "Actual Gameplay Footage" of 50+ players smashing into each other at the breach of a keep with some epic music and pan back to the crow sitting over a field of corpses or something but either way actual footage of players smashing into each other is a great way to hype up people to play

18 hours ago, Regulus said:

Cool video--looks like a fun fight.  Spell effects need a toning down it seems--looks like a Christmas disco with just over 50 participants.  Imagine if there were 100?

9 hours ago, Venark said:

*cough cough* *hint hint* devs could come to one of these sieges do an sky camera view of a Crow flying over

Or just bug out a wood-elf above the fight :P

But then it would probably look like crypt of the necrodancer

35192.gif

IMO:

We need to have focused windows of Siege Perilous style testing to drive the numbers and repeated testing that sieges require

[e.g. 2 hour block of a siege only map on Y day]

And fixing how ground target powers work on elevated surfaces [and refining intended behavior of say teleports versus duelist burrow]

Especially if and when they change the attacking of walls and trees to use spirit tools instead of combat powers... [divine light interrupting will be OP! :P]

Get catapults moving again.

Get defensive ballista back.

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

@Tapsteady what are your thoughts and options when dealing with such large fights with regards FX visual overload [especially with stacking of large persistent area circles that produce alot of visual noise]

collated videos:

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png