Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
blazzen

Siege at Archenstone

6 hours ago, Angelmar said:

Ginko was asking for other perspectives.  Above is a taste of my footage.  Unlisted because I don't want folks searching CF and seeing this level of stutter frame-FPS. 

shame, no other confessor footage so far between all the wood-elf rangers!

gpu?

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

On 1/1/2018 at 9:39 AM, Tinnis said:

@Tapsteady what are your thoughts and options when dealing with such large fights with regards FX visual overload [especially with stacking of large persistent area circles that produce alot of visual noise]

@Tinnis VFX LODs will help. We're also adding an FX priority system that will tone down / cull FX less important to you only on your client to help solve visual overload in dense fights. When the "FX on screen" threshold is passed, the system will prioritize anything that directly affects you (powers you use, hits/buffs on you) while FX between other players will be toned down in different ways (less glow, less opaque, less particles, etc).

I can't say much more about specifics right now, but it'd make a cool update in the future!

Life would be better if Pokémon were real.

8 minutes ago, Tapsteady said:

@Tinnis VFX LODs will help. We're also adding an FX priority system that will tone down / cull FX less important to you only on your client to help solve visual overload in dense fights. When the "FX on screen" threshold is passed, the system will prioritize anything that directly affects you (powers you use, hits/buffs on you) while FX between other players will be toned down in different ways (less glow, less opaque, less particles, etc).

I can't say much more about specifics right now, but it'd make a cool update in the future!

i would also argue it is a design issue of too many giant actively pulsing circles that last too long as well >:)

cool in a open field 5v5, but spins out of control when you scale it up around a fixed point

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

2 hours ago, Tinnis said:

i would also argue it is a design issue of too many giant actively pulsing circles that last too long as well >:)

cool in a open field 5v5, but spins out of control when you scale it up around a fixed point

So many AoEs but that is hardly the first game that has had these or the last. AoEs are all over video games these days as players seem to prefer them, especially stacking them over the effects of others. I think the fixed point function is better in this game because you can tear down the walls but there will always be some choke point strategy in deploying them, for positive and negative. At least here we can tear down walls.