Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Graphics Settings How-To - Official Discussion Thread

I might need to complain about something later .. let me grab this spot

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Is it still the case that basic is still less optimised than medium and higher settings as in the past?

How will you be addressing scaling optmisiation/performance?

[we never really saw that "200 rangers running around" in action etc - especially if you then add on a larger world map and buildings etc to the scene let alone power FX]

Will there be options to reduce the visual overload of power FX noise? [and general design actions to take place there as well]

Will you address the severe resolution scaling issues that are present if you say attempt to play in 720p (e.g. giant flytext/nameplates, ui elements, blurry fonts/missing letters that do not scale as expected)

Do you have sights on what your minimum or recommended system requirements will be?

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Where is the game right now with respect to optimization? Are there still large gains to be made from low-hanging fruit? Right now performance (specifically FPS and choppy/rubberbandy networked movement) is personally my biggest concern with the game as I check up on new footage. Dips to 20-30 (or worse) FPS is not amenable to action-oriented PvP, the movement jitter is really jarring, and all of that is exacerbated by the crazy amount of visual effects in large fights further occluding readability. Every time I share a video of the game with friends who are also interested in Crowfall I find myself apologizing for these issues.

I know "performance is always something" that you work on, but will it become more of a focus closer to soft launch? Just want to get a sense of what kinds of improvement to eventually look for.

Edited by recatek

So,  i know this will make me sound like a party pooper but this isnt the kind of news you should be releasing on the first update of the year.

You guys already missed Christmas and new year special dates. I mean, It is okay to not do anything crazy but the forums was almost dead these days with nothing to show except some good player made threads. Heck i would be satisfied with just some new art to show.

Sigh... Forget it. I dont really wanna start ranting because of this. I guess i just had high expectations.

Waiting for the update when you listen to the community and admit that aiming sucks and combat is boring.

Friend bought Crowfall this weekend despite my efforts to stop him. Justified it with I have very little gaming time and they just released a new patch....Sunday morning I receive a text "Why didn't you tell me Crowfall sucks".

2 hours ago, ClockworkOrange said:

Waiting for the update when you listen to the community and admit that aiming sucks and combat is boring.

Aiming sucks if you have a lot of Internet latency, or you are old and don't have fast reflexes like myself.  But I think most people (85%+) prefer aiming to targeting (based on other posts I read for this and other MMORPG games).  So IMHO, they have listened to the community, for good or ill.

4 hours ago, Brindylln said:

Aiming sucks if you have a lot of Internet latency, or you are old and don't have fast reflexes like myself.  But I think most people (85%+) prefer aiming to targeting (based on other posts I read for this and other MMORPG games).  So IMHO, they have listened to the community, for good or ill.

I don't think you understand what he's getting at. He's not saying aiming sucks, as in it's too hard. He's saying aiming sucks because it's too easy / forgiving. Right now, it's not even really aiming. You just point in a general direction at a person and you're almost guaranteed to hit them. It's like aiming for preschoolers.

It's not just the aiming that's wrong with combat, there is some else definitely missing that makes it feel quite bland.

Edited by Helix

10 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

So,  i know this will make me sound like a party pooper but this isnt the kind of news you should be releasing on the first update of the year.

You guys already missed Christmas and new year special dates. I mean, It is okay to not do anything crazy but the forums was almost dead these days with nothing to show except some good player made threads. Heck i would be satisfied with just some new art to show.

Sigh... Forget it. I dont really wanna start ranting because of this. I guess i just had high expectations.

maybe they're trying to build a base of approach-ability for new players before they fire off the sick-ass marketing campaign that floods us with players

it's like the calm before the storm

they're giving us cozy graphics settings to stay warm with over those cold January days

actually maybe Jack was the only one working over the holidays which is why we got this post

Jack are you okay

we love you

Well, since you guys are using CTS, you might as well hire Adam Goodrich, the inventor of that and many other tools.

You can literally hire this guy for 80 dollars an hour and he will help with any issues you have, so he wouldn't need full-time employment.

https://www.gamedevmentors.com/en/adamgoodrich

Edited by Gwanstar

I am a 3-screen gamer.  I use nVidia's Surround feature to give myself a 5760x1080 resolution.  Thankfully, Crowfall has, by design or accident, (more or less) accommodated my resolution; save for one thing.  As with some games, the user interface is not centered to the center screen.  Because Surround "fools" the system into thinking 3-screens are a single screen, Crowfall expands the game window across all the screens, but does not account for centering the user interface.

Are there any plans/intentions to center the interface?

Edited by Mr_Smith

3 hours ago, Mr_Smith said:

I am a 3-screen gamer.  I use nVidia's Surround feature to give myself a 5760x1080 resolution.  Thankfully, Crowfall has, by design or accident, (more or less) accommodated my resolution; save for one thing.  As with some games, the user interface is not centered to the center screen.  Because Surround "fools" the system into thinking 3-screens are a single screen, Crowfall expands the game window across all the screens, but does not account for centering the user interface.

Are there any plans/intentions to center the interface?

include a print screen and a camera shot.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty