Tyrant

5.3.4 Playtest Feedback and Bug Reports for 2 January 2018

Please DOWNLOAD the NEW LIVE patch client for 5.3.4. The new crowfall patch client has a gray bar at that top that says, "Crowfall Launcher". If your client has that gray bar at the top you have the most up to date patch client. If you have an out of date client you can download both the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/

5.3.4 Patch Notes

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

Are you having problems launching the game or some kind of blocker preventing you from progressing? Please Email us! support@crowfall.com

I think the current on/in stealth passives (i.e. Preparation from Agent Provocateur, Shadow’s Caresss, etc.) are checking for the wrong Burrow buff, specially a Burrow buff that last 1 day, 0 hours, and 59 minutes. This Burrow buff only appears after using Go For Broke.

I really like the random markers that pop up when harvesting (and maybe combat, haven't tried it yet) that allow you to do extra damage. I also like the ability you can use that has to do with harvesting to give you buffs. I think it makes harvesting much more fun or at least more bearable.

Posted (edited)

The performance has increased a lot, I love it, I've got way more fps, the harvesting is awesome but when I mine stone and ore sometimes the markers are a bit buggy, appearing below the rock and sometimes it does not register the hit. I love the game, keep up the good work :D

Edited by Rohiro

Copper was not spawning near the mining outpost this morning.  The Motherloads were there, but the small ones were not (and did not show up while mining there for over 20 minutes).

Whats up with long range easy to hit severe bleed ? Take that ae root and severe bleed off bows please. 

13 minutes ago, Barab said:

Whats up with long range easy to hit severe bleed ? Take that ae root and severe bleed off bows please. 

Just wait till they get free execute damage, stuns, and maybe burning, poison, or electric dot... to choose from at will.

Ok, got a bug with experimentation points :

Got all 3 potions, my skill tree at the time gives me 2.2 points (the .2 may be the problem ?) for runemaking and i'm locked with only 4 points in any recipe to make harvesting tools.

Tried without potions : still 4 points.

WIth only experimentation point potion : still 4.

1 hour ago, Purpearl said:

Ok, got a bug with experimentation points :

Got all 3 potions, my skill tree at the time gives me 2.2 points (the .2 may be the problem ?) for runemaking and i'm locked with only 4 points in any recipe to make harvesting tools.

Tried without potions : still 4 points.

WIth only experimentation point potion : still 4.

Are you on a Cleric?  I believe they have some bugs where they do not get stats from the skill trees.

Also, you are sure that you have runemaking experimentation points, from the runemaking skill tree?  Once you get to those skill trees, they are crafting type specific.  That is, experimentation points in the blacksmithing skill tree do nothing for making recipes in the woodworking tree.

Lastly, the "experimentation points" potion should give you .8 experimentation points.  Which, unless you have .2 from somewhere else, will essentially do nothing at all (only whole numbers matter).

Hopefully some of this helps.

10 minutes ago, Kirchhoff said:

Are you on a Cleric?  I believe they have some bugs where they do not get stats from the skill trees.

Also, you are sure that you have runemaking experimentation points, from the runemaking skill tree?  Once you get to those skill trees, they are crafting type specific.  That is, experimentation points in the blacksmithing skill tree do nothing for making recipes in the woodworking tree.

Lastly, the "experimentation points" potion should give you .8 experimentation points.  Which, unless you have .2 from somewhere else, will essentially do nothing at all (only whole numbers matter).

Hopefully some of this helps.

Yep that's it.

Have experimentation point in runemaking, used pots but only 4 points instead of 7 because i was playing cleric.

4 minutes ago, Purpearl said:

Yep that's it.

Have experimentation point in runemaking, used pots but only 4 points instead of 7 because i was playing cleric.

Dam, 7 points.  Now we all know where to get our tools.

3 hours ago, Destrin said:

Just wait till they get free execute damage, stuns, and maybe burning, poison, or electric dot... to choose from at will.

You forgot stealth.

Posted (edited)

Two things:

Results from harvesting are really disappointing for higher rank nodes.  I was finally able to harvest from a rank 10 node, and I got all of 4 white quality oak, some dust, and a heartwood with a plentiful harvest of 3.  Was 10/10 expecting at least blue oak to drop, even without a crit.

Related- while I love the new variety in knotwood trees, some of the models look distinctly like birch trees.  Given that birch is a type of wood in the game and *not* knotwood, this is confusing.

Also, can we see some legit forests or groves of things other than knotwood?  Only having 5 birch trees growing together feels bad.

Edited by Kith

Posted (edited)

Logging out/Potion
I drank a harvester potion and had to use the restroom while i still had over 20 minutes left on the harvesting timer. After I returned from the bathroom two minutes later and logged back in (campaign) the timer was gone as if I never had any time left at all. I figure this is not intended and a bug. 

Bank
When I have a full bank and I tried to split a stack, it would only subtract the amount i attempted to split and it would not end up anywhere. (IE.. I have 7 copper, I wanted 6. I split the stack to 6 and now I only have 1 copper).

Quality of life suggestion
While crafting anything, i think it would be much more pleasant for everyone if we could have a quick select button that will fill the items needed. (IE.. it takes 3 wood to make a hammer, instead of dropping each piece of wood, maybe have a button underneath that allows quick select and possibly with the option of resources/quality). 
Also a way to make multiple of the same type of items (IE.. I want to make 10 potions so I should be able to put 10x the amount of resources in the slot to begin). 

Thank you for reading and your continue updates! One of the best communities and hands on devs I have ever seen. =]

Edited by Neveses

1 hour ago, Anthrage said:

You forgot stealth.

I didn't.  It was just... hidden.... That is my story and i am sticking to it!

Hi, I'm a newbie around town and just came in to check the game and I still wonder about progression and how the game works but here is a general point of view.

Going inside the game, I do really enjoy the overall look and character customization, it is really nice to see a game going this deep inside the overall customization process but I still wonder how I could even think of jumping inside the game if I loose a year or two inside my skill progression. I understand this come from Eve development system where you will take a huge time to gather the proper skill and improve your character but I still feel there's a huge lack inside that system as progression is lock behind the worst wall ever, time. I also do wonder how this could end up being interesting as nothing is permanent inside the world, so if I train on skill then switch to an other class, I'm screw for not having the right perks trained right ?

What I really enjoy about this game was the idea of having large scale battle, but the possibility to go at war without too much thinking is one of the most hopeless thing. From what I could see, the game really puts too much emphasis on the idea of crafting and time leveling that it is almost impossible to get on with it and just reach out to a friend for help. In fact, I believe that at this point the game will be dead at launch as it won't be possible for a player to jump in without a full team and get on with his life. I do wonder if you guys had a strategy to make this game last, but I do believe you should implement it before launch and not when issue comes around. The game at the moment is really interesting as it looks like a well diversify experience but with so much overthought sanboxing's implement that it makes it unplayable on the long run. Like, how many overpower player will there be with the actual skill system ? what happened if the crafter are on strike or if you just can't find any and my gear broke ? what happened if I'm at the opposite side of the maps and I want to get back to town ?

I do understand the implication of modifying the core mechanics of the game, but I also feel that the game needs to figure himself a way to keep the overall mechanics achievable to any player. Like, can we get a basic amount of skill purchases at the creation of a character ? let's say just enough to reach the ability tier 3 bonus of the skill tree inside a direct line. no diversification available. Can we get more then one character who use different skill tree ? once again for the same purpose autonomy. Can we respect the skill or have like a build system allowing three different combination. Like maybe 1 combination for owner of the game and 3 for the subscriber ? Can we create some permanent item at some point when you achieve great thing to get the component for that item ? and all that.

Like I understand when I'm running different scenario that it's not easy to get a good game out there who's respecting one vision but at this moment inside the alpha U=I really felt the weight of the grinding time-system and that's no good because it means it is impossible to recommend since the idea of jumping into the world just for fun is almost a statical anomaly since the game become fun to play so late inside the progression. I'm not a producer and I'm not a huge contributor either, just bought the basic option as anyone else who wanted to give a shot at the game and see if the overall experience could be worth it but on the long run, but at this point I don't think I could ask anyone to jump in with me if I wanted to since the grind fest would be too much.

I really do hope, you guys figure out a way to lift some of the grinding and bring on a more player friendly approach for the overall experience of the game. 

Thanks for reading

3 hours ago, Neveses said:

Logging out/Potion
I drank a harvester potion and had to use the restroom while i still had over 20 minutes left on the harvesting timer. After I returned from the bathroom two minutes later and logged back in (campaign) the timer was gone as if I never had any time left at all. I figure this is not intended and a bug. 

Bank
When I have a full bank and I tried to split a stack, it would only subtract the amount i attempted to split and it would not end up anywhere. (IE.. I have 7 copper, I wanted 6. I split the stack to 6 and now I only have 1 copper).

While crafting anything, i think it would be much more pleasant for everyone if we could have a quick select button that will fill the items needed. (IE.. it takes 3 wood to make a hammer, instead of dropping each piece of wood, maybe have a button underneath that allows quick select and possibly with the option of resources/quality). 
Also a way to make multiple of the same type of items (IE.. I want to make 10 potions so I should be able to put 10x the amount of resources in the slot to begin). 

Thank you for reading and your continue updates! One of the best communities and hands on devs I have ever seen. =]

Your last suggestion; considering the sheer variety of resources going into these general recipes, would be hard to program.... Lowest rank resource? Random select for general? When I have been running round I'll have 4-5 stacks of different woods stone ore and I'd be more then peeved if I used a top tier to make a hammer....

3 hours ago, Neveses said:

You can right click on items to send them to the crafting window. So if you need three wood to craft your axe, you can right click three times on that wood and it will drop them into the proper places (make sure the crafting window is selected). Multiple items of the same time should come along with factories and such in the future.

Would it be a quick-fix to remove the platform that the Test Dummies stand on? We can't test most ground-targeted spells very well up there (for known reasons) :( 

6 hours ago, SycloneS said:

Hi, I'm a newbie around town and just came in to check the game and I still wonder about progression and how the game works but here is a general point of view.

1. Going inside the game, I do really enjoy the overall look and character customization, it is really nice to see a game going this deep inside the overall customization process but I still wonder how I could even think of jumping inside the game if I loose a year or two inside my skill progression. I understand this come from Eve development system where you will take a huge time to gather the proper skill and improve your character but I still feel there's a huge lack inside that system as progression is lock behind the worst wall ever, time. I also do wonder how this could end up being interesting as nothing is permanent inside the world, so if I train on skill then switch to an other class, I'm screw for not having the right perks trained right ?

2. What I really enjoy about this game was the idea of having large scale battle, but the possibility to go at war without too much thinking is one of the most hopeless thing. From what I could see, the game really puts too much emphasis on the idea of crafting and time leveling that it is almost impossible to get on with it and just reach out to a friend for help. In fact, I believe that at this point the game will be dead at launch as it won't be possible for a player to jump in without a full team and get on with his life. I do wonder if you guys had a strategy to make this game last, but I do believe you should implement it before launch and not when issue comes around. The game at the moment is really interesting as it looks like a well diversify experience but with so much overthought sanboxing's implement that it makes it unplayable on the long run. Like, how many overpower player will there be with the actual skill system ? what happened if the crafter are on strike or if you just can't find any and my gear broke ? what happened if I'm at the opposite side of the maps and I want to get back to town ?

3. I do understand the implication of modifying the core mechanics of the game, but I also feel that the game needs to figure himself a way to keep the overall mechanics achievable to any player. Like, can we get a basic amount of skill purchases at the creation of a character ? let's say just enough to reach the ability tier 3 bonus of the skill tree inside a direct line. no diversification available. Can we get more then one character who use different skill tree ? once again for the same purpose autonomy. Can we respect the skill or have like a build system allowing three different combination. Like maybe 1 combination for owner of the game and 3 for the subscriber ? Can we create some permanent item at some point when you achieve great thing to get the component for that item ? and all that.

4. Like I understand when I'm running different scenario that it's not easy to get a good game out there who's respecting one vision but at this moment inside the alpha U=I really felt the weight of the grinding time-system and that's no good because it means it is impossible to recommend since the idea of jumping into the world just for fun is almost a statical anomaly since the game become fun to play so late inside the progression. I'm not a producer and I'm not a huge contributor either, just bought the basic option as anyone else who wanted to give a shot at the game and see if the overall experience could be worth it but on the long run, but at this point I don't think I could ask anyone to jump in with me if I wanted to since the grind fest would be too much.

I really do hope, you guys figure out a way to lift some of the grinding and bring on a more player friendly approach for the overall experience of the game. 

Thanks for reading

1. if you have no skills in the class then, yes, you will not have any perks.

2. skills provide about 10% power, maybe 15% max. gear will provide about 10-15% power as well.   Since you're new, I highly recommend the FAQ!  Every person can craft Basic Gear, so you should never be without anything.

3. after 6 months players can create/sell/buy skill tombs (name could be wrong but my point isn't) so new players can catch up to those that started at soft launch.

4. please remember the game is still in PRE-ALPHA. things can and may change. This won't be a solo friendly game. This is a game you should commit to. The rewards from a campaign are given at the end of the campaign!