Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vimes

People think that Crowfall will be released in 2018

Hi all.

As the title says, people think that Crowfall will be released in 2018...

I think it would be a good idea that sites like mmorpg.com stop listing this game as a Q1 2018 release, also ive seen VERY recent videos of quite big MMO Youtubers listing Crowfall as an upcoming MMO for 2018.

It would be good for the Crowfall devs to clearify that this is not the case, i mean the initial flow of funds from early access buyers sure is nice and all, but the backlash when they figure out that the game is nowhere near release could seriously backfire on them.

Theres allready Youtube videos of the "Best MMOs releasing in 2018" out there, less then a week old, with over hundreds of thousands views, and they claim that Crowfall will release this year.

Edited by Vimes

3 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Will it not?

I higly doubt it, not unless they employ an army of game developers, a year of dev time is pretty short, a month passes by in the blink of the eye really. Anyone in testing pretty much know that this game wont release this year.

Not unless they cut alot of promised features from the game.

I'd stop just short of guaranteeing the game soft launches this year (initially thought Q2 but I maybe more likely a Q3 or 4 release).  That being said, you could be right and we find ourselves playing the release in 2019.  

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

i dont think a clarification is nessecary... only if you are new to youtube and mmo(rpg) platforms you probably assume all you see and read is nothing but the truth and reality.

sure it could be disappointment but also a reminder what is going on and a hype generator.

If ppl getting exciting for the game and join as a backer or at least as a crow the videos do their work IMO.

1 minute ago, NchDu said:

i dont think a clarification is nessecary... only if you are new to youtube and mmo(rpg) platforms you probably assume all you see and read is nothing but the truth and reality.

sure it could be disappointment but also a reminder what is going on and a hype generator.

If ppl getting exciting for the game and join as a backer or at least as a crow the videos do their work IMO.

Ya, but if the videos and MMO sites list Crowfall as a 2018 release, and ppl start to sign up because of it, then you are gonna get alot of "Crowfall is crap" publicity, even tough its only in pre-alpha.

None of those YouTubers or websites rarely have accurate information around this kind of stuff.

Crowfall will be release when it's ready and done to be released. That's all anyone should ever expect.

I also take MMORPG.com with such a grain of salt in anything related to video games. If the information isn't coming from a direct source from the game company, then it doesn't really matter.

OS_Sig3.png

It does matter for sure, if gaming sites and youtubers list the game as a 2018 release, then people gonna think that the game is currently far ahead in development, and at the same time when ppl see that the game has early access, and they sign up and see what is available.... Then the game will get negative publicity... And people will start to hate on Crowfall even before its out of pre-alpha...

Edited by Vimes

My only worries are that ArtCraft will feel pressure to release the game before they feel it is truly ready. Either because they are money strapped or Everyone else is telling them it's good enough.. Obviously they can't wait for everything to be perfect because that day will never come, but I do think they can get the game to a point where everyone that play's gets that "holy socks, this is the game I've been waiting for" feeling. If that pushes Development late into 2020, then so be it.. that's fine by me. Whatever the game need to be successful, I'll stand behind. And I have faith that J. Todd and Gordan will know when the game is ready for launch.

I just want to remind everyone that... The main method of skill advancement is time based... which means that the earlier it is released, the sooner we start developing our accounts... Maybe the first 6 months is expected to be able to clear out those experience killing bugs and then All of a sudden, they unlock the experience tomes that will allow noob accounts to catch up to "all of us originals" and now we have our new flow of core gamers...  I'm sure they will create tier(s) of new pledges that will allow for just enough of the new experience tomes to give the feeling that you've caught up in the skill points curve. Maybe they will work it that, it will allow us to pursue another path in our own accounts.

Eat or be eaten

CF has the proper scope to not get huge delays to the schedule now that we have the tech and engineering for the race/class split and its relates skill trees...   we will have late Q1 alpha and probably Q3 beta with soft launch late/end of summer.  Fully reasonable at that point for a Nov-Holiday release in 2018.  As with every year we will pretty much know as players whether that pace holds.   

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

https://crowfall.com/en/news/articles/founders'-update-a-great-year/ 

LOOKING FORWARD

"As exciting as 2017 has been, 2018 is going to blow it out of the water. We’ve got some hugely impactful milestones in front of us: alpha, beta, soft launch and – once the game is polished enough – our world-wide commercial release."

Its easy to see why people believe 2018 is supposed to bring us at least the soft launch. These statements from Todd and Gordon has many people believing its not only possible, but even probable. 

Regarding the decision to secure another round of private funding;

"We believe this is the right approach, so we pitched it to our investors. They agreed. We are delighted to announce that on December 1st, we closed another financing round for an additional $6 million. This money will be used to fund the completion, launch and marketing of Crowfall.

This means we’ll be hiring a few more people, we’ll be able to invest more in our live infrastructure and support more players; and we’ll be able to get some real attention once the game is ready."

Though I couldn't agree more with the importance of first impressions. Some people may wander into the testing environment with certain expectations. No matter how unreasonable or unfounded these expectatons, the first impression can very be lasting. When these expectations aren't met, some folks may disappear from Crowfall without ever making a sound. Only to never return. 

3 hours ago, Jaynuminous said:

Though I couldn't agree more with the importance of first impressions. Some people may wander into the testing environment with certain expectations. No matter how unreasonable or unfounded these expectatons, the first impression can very be lasting. When these expectations aren't met, some folks may disappear from Crowfall without ever making a sound. Only to never return. 

Someone this flighty and clueless will quit anyway when they lose all their gearz,  get wrecked with consequences and get wiped right off a campaign.  You gotta be pretty tough to hang with the crows, alls I am sayin.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

14 hours ago, Frykka said:

Someone this flighty and clueless will quit anyway when they lose all their gearz,  get wrecked with consequences and get wiped right off a campaign.  You gotta be pretty tough to hang with the crows, alls I am sayin.

As funny as your sentiment is, and it certainly has merit, my understanding of ACE's vision for Crowfall involves many different levels competition and consequences. To help ensure longevity and quality, I believe its in the best interest to offer an experience that is both welcoming and challenging for the new player/snowflake :D

I think the game will most definitely soft launch in 2018. In fact I think it'll probably happen in the Spring-Summer. I'm sure it'll be a bit rocky and campaign worlds and other variables that require long term testing will need some tweaks before they do the official launch. However I don't think we're too far from a game loop.