Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Races Utility

Hi guys,

I am pretty new on Crowfall I might missed the topics.

Does the Races will (or already have) have specific utility ?

As example Does Night elf will have better [x] & [y] resists than a Human for druid or anything specific for each races? or any bonus damage or its purely roleplay?

Thanks,

1 hour ago, darksousou said:

Hi guys,

I am pretty new on Crowfall I might missed the topics.

Does the Races will (or already have) have specific utility ?

As example Does Night elf will have better [x] & [y] resists than a Human for druid or anything specific for each races? or any bonus damage or its purely roleplay?

Thanks,

Race determines:

- available classes

- bonus attributes

- bonus passive effects

- optional active powers

- optional bonus equipment slots

SEE:

CHART of combos

Attributes, passives, bonus equipment slots and powers

44 minutes ago, blazzen said:

There are NUMEROUS racial bonuses. ACE did an awesome job on this. 

wtb half-elf buff ;p

Edited by Tinnis

effectively amazing work just saw all of them :)

Indeed I didnt know I was using specific spells from my race already:)

Other point its regarding stats:

For exemple spirit is usefull for what? 

I know the basics one but not the specific onces.

THanks 

16 minutes ago, darksousou said:

effectively amazing work just saw all of them :)

Indeed I didnt know I was using specific spells from my race already:)

Other point its regarding stats:

For exemple spirit is usefull for what? 

I know the basics one but not the specific onces.

THanks 

hold down control key when viewing the skill training nodes and it will describe what things do [e.g. stats or attributes]

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8JM16v3Hr0aT2ZWbUt5aWZMdk0

spirit drives support power (increasing the values of healing effects you do) as well as stamina (used for say harvesting, sprinting and blocking etc)

some classes vary in what attribute also increase their damage e.g. dex for rogues, str for fighters, int for mages etc

(we will get some info like this in future patch character sheet as welll...)

Edited by Tinnis

1 hour ago, blazzen said:

There are NUMEROUS racial bonuses. ACE did an awesome job on this. 

I was in agreement with this statement until I found out they felt the Half-Elf was fine not having the same number of bonuses every other race gets. This is a poor decision on it's face, and a terrible decision in the context of Classes that have Wood-Elf and Half-Elf as options - no-one will ever choose the latter over the former, except perhaps for lore or RP reasons. Putting racial bonuses into the game was indeed an awesome thing to do - not having Half-Elf be on par with the other races however is a huge mistake in my opinion.

41 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

I was in agreement with this statement until I found out they felt the Half-Elf was fine not having the same number of bonuses every other race gets. This is a poor decision on it's face, and a terrible decision in the context of Classes that have Wood-Elf and Half-Elf as options - no-one will ever choose the latter over the former, except perhaps for lore or RP reasons. Putting racial bonuses into the game was indeed an awesome thing to do - not having Half-Elf be on par with the other races however is a huge mistake in my opinion.

There are a few races I think are sub-par. Half-elf being one of them. Guinea being the other one (thanks for the racial ability only one spec of one class can use effectively).

The idea of racial disciplines is very cool for sure, but needs a few more iterations. I'll take 18m blink and camo over a 7m dodge roll and ability slot every day of the year 

4 minutes ago, Jjohnsin said:

There are a few races I think are sub-par. Half-elf being one of them. Guinea being the other one (thanks for the racial ability only one spec of one class can use effectively).

The idea of racial disciplines is very cool for sure, but needs a few more iterations. I'll take 18m blink and camo over a 7m dodge roll and ability slot every day of the year 

Agreed, and I've played both races on the same class to be sure. Everyone will take the blank and camo over what Half-Elf offers, until that it offers is improved. That means you just wasted a ton of art and animation time on something no-one will ever see.

Just now, Anthrage said:

Agreed, and I've played both races on the same class to be sure. Everyone will take the blank and camo over what Half-Elf offers, until that it offers is improved. That means you just wasted a ton of art and animation time on something no-one will ever see.

Same. I've tested, or at least theorycrafted, multiple builds involving at least every race/class combo we have currently. NONE of them involve half-elf. Only ONE involves guinea which is my surprise party guinea knight. And that's only for the burrow, which admittedly can be very fun even though it's slow af

Just now, Jjohnsin said:

Same. I've tested, or at least theorycrafted, multiple builds involving at least every race/class combo we have currently. NONE of them involve half-elf. Only ONE involves guinea which is my surprise party guinea knight. And that's only for the burrow, which admittedly can be very fun even though it's slow af

Same. Though I just came up with a new Guinea/Class combination that is my new favorite build...but my amusement is not a good barometer for balanced design. :P

16 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

Same. Though I just came up with a new Guinea/Class combination that is my new favorite build...but my amusement is not a good barometer for balanced design. :P

Ohhh do share, or PM me ;) unless it's secret which I understand. I have a few of those myself. I just really enjoy seeing how other people think about utilizing guinea since I THINK it has potential to be solid. 

Edited by Jjohnsin

9 minutes ago, Jjohnsin said:

Ohhh do share, or PM me ;) unless it's secret which I understand. I have a few of those myself. I just really enjoy seeing how other people think about utilizing guinea since I THINK it has potential to be solid. 

I plan to use it in real-world today, I'll send you a link to the recording. :)

I think you guys keep forgetting that stats currently don't work, so yes right now half elves are weak because of that, once they get stats working and eventually tie them to crafting and harvesting attributes too, that could change things a LOT. This is easiest checked by looking at con vs your hp, notice how a guinicean cleric with a feeble 24 con have 4613 hp, then swap to a half-giant cleric and you got a whooping 84 con, but still only 4613 hp. so yeah once stats actually begin to become relavent that will increase the power of races like wood elfs by a HUGE margin. Also keep in mind you dont have to use a power slot for stats they are always active no matter what as well, which is another advantage for stat races