Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5.3 Changes - Lack of Mobility

blazzen

The 5.3 changes really hurt the Myrmidon’s mobility.

Half Giants lost bull rush all together once it became a racial ability so now the only mobility they have is RMB dodge. The net should help some once the pull works more reliably and the charge works at all but even then that’s only a single ability the Myrmidon has to try to keep in range of a target. 

The Minotaurs who have bull rush will find that it’s on a 30+ second cooldown and takes nearly half your rage bar for a 20 meter bull rush with a knockdown at the end. Before this became a racial ability the cooldown was around half that long.

The Myrmidon class now only has 5 class abilities and lacks a reliable movement ability. Does anyone else think the Myrmidon needs another charge/leap type movement ability?

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

3 minutes ago, blazzen said:

The Myrmidon class now only has 5 class abilities and lacks a reliable movement ability. Does anyone else think the Myrmidon needs another charge/leap type movement ability?

I don't think it's mobility that is needed necessarily. Root is on a pretty low CD and when charge actually works that will really help. Plus I like that now you have to choose a safer crash (Half-Giant) or more mobility (Mino). I think giving myrm straight up another mobility ability will put them into a category of: great damage, great mobility, good defense. Which is, imo, never the things one class should have all of. 

I think resource cost changes along with a berserk timer buff and root fixes will really solidify myrm in the role it's supposed to be, an offensive tank/disruptor. 

What type of mobility would you like to add if you did @blazzen? Curious just cause the above is my initial reaction to it and I'm open to discussion for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Jjohnsin said:

I don't think it's mobility that is needed necessarily. Root is on a pretty low CD and when charge actually works that will really help. Plus I like that now you have to choose a safer crash (Half-Giant) or more mobility (Mino). I think giving myrm straight up another mobility ability will put them into a category of: great damage, great mobility, good defense. Which is, imo, never the things one class should have all of. 

I think resource cost changes along with a berserk timer buff and root fixes will really solidify myrm in the role it's supposed to be, an offensive tank/disruptor. 

What type of mobility would you like to add if you did @blazzen? Curious just cause the above is my initial reaction to it and I'm open to discussion for sure. 

I was thinking a leap or charge type ability for the Myrmidon. It could even be a longer ~ 25-30 cooldown (similar to Champion Leap or Ranger Forest Step). 

Elken Knight for example has both Knight Pursuit, Elken Head Butt (on top of chain pull) so it wouldn't be unprecedented for a Mino Myrm to get two charge/leap types of abilities. Elken Knight I'd classify as good damage, great mobility, great defense. A Mino Myrmidon with 2 charges I'd classify as great damage, great mobility, good defense as you did above. Half Giant Myrmidon with 1 charge but Blood of the Giant to help prevent crashes I'd classify as good mobility, great damage, great defense. Between those three race/class choices you have equal trade offs. 

The biggest problem I see with the Myrmidon is in a larger fight you have the tools to get into the enemy lines (net charge) but you have nothing for retreat (other than maybe the Minotaur Bull Rush which isn't great). Compare that to Knight which has both Chain Pull and Pursuit (plus head butt charge if Elken), Templar who has a 15 second cooldown zero cost leap (and can also go Elken for the Head Butt Charge), and Champion which has a very long range leap (and can also go Mino for the Bull Rush) plus a 40m ranged snare on a 5 second cooldown. Compared to all of the other melee classes the Myrmidon seems lacking in this area now that they no longer have a charge. 

Maybe it would make sense to make the net cooldown longer (15 seconds?) and then give the Myrmidon a leap/charge type ability. I'm not a fan of the Myrmidon being so heavily reliant on that single net ability as the only way to close the gap. Before this change nobody complained about Myrmidon mobility being too high or low, they mainly complained about the low cooldown on the net. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

2 minutes ago, blazzen said:

I was thinking a leap or charge type ability for the Myrmidon. It could even be a longer ~ 25-30 cooldown (similar to Champion Leap or Ranger Forest Step). 

Definitely see where you're coming from. I'll be home from work in about an hour and will reply then. Hate typing long posts on my phone :D

I don’t know about a leap (I feel It’d make the Myrmidon a little too similar to the Champion), but they could use another movement ability 

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

10 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

I don’t know about a leap (I feel It’d make the Myrmidon a little too similar to the Champion), but they could use another movement ability 

Shoulder charge is what came to my mind.

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the half-giants dodge roll, it feels like a real dodge.
I see where you're coming from the the lack of mobility, but just netting people is almost mobility in it self.

I had a fun fight as half-giant myrm today, you can see how I kept up with a duelist and a scim druid:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/219605776

I've also tried the mino myrm, charge and stun resist is super good, but the extra berserk crash stoppers on half giant just makes you so much more tanky, to make up for the lack of mobility.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

18 hours ago, Yumx said:

I really like the half-giants dodge roll, it feels like a real dodge.
I see where you're coming from the the lack of mobility, but just netting people is almost mobility in it self.

I had a fun fight as half-giant myrm today, you can see how I kept up with a duelist and a scim druid:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/219605776

I've also tried the mino myrm, charge and stun resist is super good, but the extra berserk crash stoppers on half giant just makes you so much more tanky, to make up for the lack of mobility.

rat is the easiest target for myrmidon. imo. coz no actual CC + net. he can't do anything. you just root and burn em.

hardest are knockdown/supress/kite/mobility masters. knights, templars with heal builds, rangers (wood elves 5.3 version), confessors if they timing right their CC. even skimish druids sometimes (if they are lucky on stuns and you are HG myrm). as you can see here - one time using berserker inside massive fight with such amount of random long CC makes impossible to play it -> so ppl chose more flexible classes like templars and knights for such fights.

the conclusion - myrmidon don't need mobility. myrmidon don't need more gap closers. ACE should do something with CC. or with basic mechanics around berserker. OR with cooldowns/duration on antiCC skills/runes/disciplines

not the stupid damage burst while berserking (inc 5.4) coz we have hard oneshots from this class early.  he need some sustain. as offtank, as the class to initiate and fight inside enemy masses.

also this class need bug fixes. one mistake coz bugs and lags = hello respawn.

life steal would be nice for myrmidon. stacking over time, based on bleeding, based on fighting enemy (raging while fighting) - whatever. duration for berserker or more ways to mitigate or dramatically decrease crash damage. whatever. any single class disciplines to increase those aspects like champion have.

just not the damage burst and not mobility

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550