Sign in to follow this  
ACE_Jackal

Spicing Up Maps With Adventure Parcels - Official Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, ClockworkOrange said:

These parcels look good and I like the attempt to spruce up the map. Only worry that the potential diversity of them isn't very high that it turns into, oh this is Cavern #3.

Which goes beyond adventure parcels as well though - would be interesting to hear more about say the end size of a server map and how many different parcel types they will use etc (as well as other elements such as shape of maps - e.g. more segmented land bridges rather than just square shapes, how edges are presented - e.g. beach/sea etc)

Ditto to the above "looking good" comments. Also, I'm hoping the NPCs we encounter, generally but especially in these areas, are quite the challenge in and of themselves. It's one thing to hunt an animal in the wild but quite another to hunt it where it sleeps. ;)

Posted (edited)

Will we fight "Thrall" spirits in combat and will they be difficult fights if so? (rather than more a F to harvest style interaction only)

Wouldnt mind scaling up say numbers on helcats and zombies too...and bringing out "the big gun" monsters >:)

Make them hurt!

Will there be any rulesets that revolve around goodies from such adventure zones as more of a focus rather than siege etc?

Edited by Tinnis

These look amazing and I can't wait to explore them!

I noticed that mob types are shown to control the look of the parcel; such as spider vs zombie vs none.  Is there any plans to make these adventuring parcels linked to each of the Gods to inject more "playable" lore into the game?  Seeing how a Gods influence on the adventure parcels (changing the terrain, mobs, and resource drops) could be pretty cool and could be an awesome way to tie the sacrifice system into the different God's lore.

Posted (edited)

@ Jon O'Neal [@jonnycab] how is the Gaia terrain tool thing (i think that was the name you talked about awhile ago?) working out with regards creating actual 'land depth' rather than just raising everything up though (like say the current canyon)

Edited by Tinnis

Posted (edited)

Hmm.... Squee moment.....

Looks good Jon and Co. We need more natural choke points out in the field, these looks like a good start :D

Edited by Destrin