Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ACE_JackalBark

Spicing Up Maps With Adventure Parcels - Official Discussion Thread

Very nice.  I like that this allows campaigns to become more beautiful over time as long as ACE can still keep generating new parcels.

I'm curious about what this does to overall game size.  Hopefully you've found a way to reuse basic assets dynamically to reduce the overall game footprint?

Also, I've seen other games in the past open up map creation to the community.  Do you foresee ever allowing community submissions for new parcels?

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Very cool guys...   moving along quite nicely.   hope this is in the new map we are getting so that the world gets more and more real and adventurous!

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

1 hour ago, ClockworkOrange said:

These parcels look good and I like the attempt to spruce up the map. Only worry that the potential diversity of them isn't very high that it turns into, oh this is Cavern #3.

Luckily with how the parcel system and campaign world building tools are it shouldn't be too much of an issue as time goes on. Since the worlds get destroyed and are randomly generated I'm hoping that will mean that we'll see a lot of "remixed" versions of different parcels. 

Looking good ACE! Can't wait to try them out!

2 minutes ago, Zybak said:

Luckily with how the parcel system and campaign world building tools are it shouldn't be too much of an issue as time goes on. Since the worlds get destroyed and are randomly generated I'm hoping that will mean that we'll see a lot of "remixed" versions of different parcels. 

My thoughts exactly. The skins they can apply to them really help with this also. 

oh i wasn't expecting this much pve in the game. seems good for harvested resources from (animals).

Still no interest to add a campaign boss that sleeps but can be awaken?  like a dragon sleeping under an ore pit and is woken up when adventurers and miners travel a little too deep. Then it breaks the ore pit and starts going on a rampage until it's killed (oh resources!) or destroys everything (player can choose between protecting it and maybe dying or defeating it)...

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

18 minutes ago, jetah said:

oh i wasn't expecting this much pve in the game. seems good for harvested resources from (animals).

Still no interest to add a campaign boss that sleeps but can be awaken?  like a dragon sleeping under an ore pit and is woken up when adventurers and miners travel a little too deep. Then it breaks the ore pit and starts going on a rampage until it's killed (oh resources!) or destroys everything (player can choose between protecting it and maybe dying or defeating it)...

They had hot zones in Shadowbane where drops were better for a period of time. Your imagination would be nice to incorporate a hot zone architecture with measurable output (stress on nodes/mobs). Once a hotzone passes a certain level of use in a period of time it spawns something bigger. I like it. 

Expand it a little bit too to PvP deaths in those zones possibly. 

Edited by Spawl

3 hours ago, moneda said:

Ditto to the above "looking good" comments. Also, I'm hoping the NPCs we encounter, generally but especially in these areas, are quite the challenge in and of themselves. It's one thing to hunt an animal in the wild but quite another to hunt it where it sleeps. ;)

2 hours ago, coolster50 said:

I-is that a CAVE?!?!?!?!

Looks awesome, can’t wait to explore them!

First I would like to acknowledge that Adventure Parcels provides content driven activity. And I much prefer it over the Divine Sacrifice system. I would never expect ArtCraft to spend money or resources on an Idea I thought was cool or whatever, but if the flexibility exist to add levels to these Dioramas like hard, medium, easy, or 1-10, or something like that, it would accommodate much more diversified players like the two examples above. And quite possibly fill some of the 'Moment to Moment' encounters the game lacks.

I'm sure the community has some brilliant ideas for Adventure Parcels and various subsets of Exploration Parcels 

4 hours ago, coolster50 said:

I-is that a CAVE?!?!?!?!

Looks awesome, can’t wait to explore them!

technically it is more of a raised canyon entrance/exit sort of thing (you can see both sides - not fully covered either way)

outside: image__2_.png

inside: image__10_.png

hence why i am curious if they have sorted the issue of actually have 'below ground level' terrain or not e.g. see the old "raised canyon" asset etc

[also say - not having grass at bottom vs rock etc]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

4 hours ago, ClockworkOrange said:

These parcels look good and I like the attempt to spruce up the map. Only worry that the potential diversity of them isn't very high that it turns into, oh this is Cavern #3.

this is ofcourse the 1st patch of these parcels, they will make more as time goes on and it will get better and better over time. I wouldn't worry about this at all.

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

4 hours ago, Tinnis said:

Will we fight "Thrall" spirits in combat and will they be difficult fights if so? (rather than more a F to harvest style interaction only)

Wouldnt mind scaling up say numbers on helcats and zombies too...and bringing out "the big gun" monsters >:)

Make them hurt!

Will there be any rulesets that revolve around goodies from such adventure zones as more of a focus rather than siege etc?

I'm sure there will be =) I don't recall where it was said but there was a "win condition" for killing raid bosses tossed around before.

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

3 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

Good update.

If these are already playable internally i would like to suggest you guys to make some videos of it. It would be super easy to do and i think the community would like it. Bonus points if you guys show some of the new mobs like the spiders.

as soon as it is playable they will be out there as its a HUGE update and this will help push crowfall over the top into the media since now we have PvE things and the game is getting really close to being done.

@MiracleMax Hope you don't mind. I took some liberties during the voice over of your write-up. If it matters, I had a lot of fun doing doing it. However, note to anyone looking to record something. DO NOT record while eating spicy chili. 

It's not perfect, but it was fun! 

OS_Sig3.png