Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to understand the skill trees?

Gundy

Hello everyone! I'm fresh to the game and excited to play! 

Im trying to understand how the timed skill trees work, they remind me a lot if eve online where you have to wait real time to upgrade. There doesnt seem to be a lot of description as to what each level up does and/or requires. can someone maybe help me understand a little better? 

Thank you!

-Gundy

2 hours ago, Gundy said:

Hello everyone! I'm fresh to the game and excited to play! 

Im trying to understand how the timed skill trees work, they remind me a lot if eve online where you have to wait real time to upgrade. There doesnt seem to be a lot of description as to what each level up does and/or requires. can someone maybe help me understand a little better? 

Thank you!

-Gundy

you can train one race, one class and one profession node at once. [this limit can be increased to two in each by VIP but does not allow 'double dipping; so more options rather than power]

you select the nodes to train.

they then train over time passively regardless of if you are online or offline

each node has 5 'pips' - at each stage you get a portion of the stats that nodes gives (each pip is equal value).

for non vip you will have to re select the training after each pip.

there is also a 'time bank' if you finish training a node and did not reselect a new training to make up for idle time - 24 hours for non vip, 30 days for vip

each pip trains slower than the last one.

you can 'move on' to a connected node down the line either when you have trained 4 out of 5 pips (50% time of the whole node) or at 5 out of 5 pips (100% time of the whole node)

each node has a 'tier'. as you progress into skill trees it will move up in tiers (e.g. 1-8). later tiers train slower than earlier tiers.

generally to complete an entire node (5/5 pips) takes 3 days per tier. e.g. 3 days at tier 1, 6 days at tier 2 etc

you will need to either complete a % of a tree (e.g. 50%) in order to move on to the next one. or train a specific named node to unlock a sub tree e.g. basic crafting to then progress to a more advanced tree tree

when nodes connect to others you will have to complete all previously connected nodes to train if there are multiple ones e.g. 1-3 connections

Edited by Tinnis