Sign in to follow this  
surBear

Spirit Bank

Somebody please explain how this works.  I have seen posted pictures of people with their sb almost full, mine is not near full but I cant put anything in it.  One day it said 0 exports, next day it let me put 6 things in. Since then, 0 every day.  I really wanted to save my hard to make sword for the next campaign.

Spirit banks persist from campaign to campaign so likely not all of what is in their spirit bank is from this campaign. Each campaign is limited but when the server resets, they have to redo the amount of exports. They also upped the amount of exports today for the siege video that they were doing.

If you need to get what you have off, someone can use their extra exports to help you with that if you know someone you can trust to do it.

The Imports/Exports are allways limited. For exemple you should just put in important or rare items like crafted mail/plate gear or 100 blue iron. The spirit bank will save all the items forever until you put them out. When you just have items equiped or in your common inventory, when the campaing ends, you will lose everything... :)

The base exports for a campaign right now is 20. If the server crashes or is restarted it reverts back to 20. ACE has been nice enough to give us a boost in exports so that we can get stuff out. This last campaign it was set to 50. When the server crashed last night they forgot to set it back to 50. So it was showing up as the base 20 again. This morning Jack reset it to 60 so folks that had already moved out stuff had 10 more. (Thanks Jack!)

I am not sure if they gave us another bump or not since the shut down date got Punted to tomorrow or not. 

Also the reason some spirit banks seem more full than others is due to people working together and making transfers for guildies. (Or alts and their extra transfers)

Also EK to spirit bank transfers have no limit so people can get stuff moved to an EK then consolidate it there. Or craft from the raw mats from previous campaigns and then just ship down the finished products to the next campaign world. 

All well and good, but the BIG question.....why is there a limit on it at all?  

18 minutes ago, surBear said:

All well and good, but the BIG question.....why is there a limit on it at all?  

Because unlimited imports and exports would be used to circumvent the risks involved in harvesting and crafting. People would instantly spirit bank anything of value so they can never be looted. People would craft in safe EKs. It would kill the concept of looting.

2 minutes ago, surBear said:

what if 'b' only worked in safeholds, forts and ek's?

I'd scratch forts from that list, but otherwise that would be better than being able to access spirit bank from everywhere.

Keep in mind this is how it works during this test, in release it will be much different - exporting will be limited (for some server rulesets) to being only available from a specific location (that possibly must be secured or defended), to certain people (the winners of a campaign) and in limited amounts (the better your faction/guild did, the more you can take home from campaign with you). Spirit Banking is very much a test-concept, it will not be this easy to save things in the final game - for some/most campaign types.

It seems weird they would let you share items across characters and campaigns, but then limit the amount you can do it. Very weird. It's like "sure here you go its only for your very nice things". Like why open the gameplay up to that? I guess the devs are catering to the crowd that have trouble letting some items go and want to snuggle their pixels.

5 minutes ago, touchmybow said:

It seems weird they would let you share items across characters and campaigns, but then limit the amount you can do it. Very weird. It's like "sure here you go its only for your very nice things". Like why open the gameplay up to that? I guess the devs are catering to the crowd that have trouble letting some items go and want to snuggle their pixels.

There's a limit on it cause it's part of how exporting will work at launch when campaign worlds end and there's a period of which people can select the stuff they want to take back to their personal EK or guild EK. Some campaign bands that contain the campaign worlds (RNG'ed maps) will have different export/import rules associated with them. The harsher the campaign band, the more you can export and less you can import. The "nicer" the campaign band the more you can import and less you can export. It's a risk vs reward type of thing. Winners get to take more spoils of war with them home while the losers get to take some or none at the end of a campaign.

It's a good way to give people a reason to participate in actually playing the game. It's not exactly illustrated very well in the current live testing environment when the campaign ends since we don't have multiple campaigns with different export/import rules in place.

14 minutes ago, touchmybow said:

If you don't want the devs to cater to pixel snugglers then I would think you would welcome limits on it.

Edited by Jah

19 minutes ago, Jah said:

If you don't want the devs to cater to pixel snugglers then I would think you would welcome limits on it.

I think whats going on here is like entityofsin said, its for the winners to carry over their spoils. Reminds me of the 10% durability loss, which is there not to punish the loser, but just to favor those who win often who therefore won't have to gather as much after pvp.

2 hours ago, touchmybow said:

I think whats going on here is like entityofsin said, its for the winners to carry over their spoils. Reminds me of the 10% durability loss, which is there not to punish the loser, but just to favor those who win often who therefore won't have to gather as much after pvp.

Essentially, that's it. In one of the very, very early videos that Todd was in he said that the game isn't necessarily going to be balanced around 1v1 (he might have mentioned extremely small group play as well, would have to check) and rather if your Champion gets glass cannoned down by a Ranger or Druid, it doesn't mean that the Champion is underpowered or terrible for a class, it means (by Todd's words) that you suck and need to get better at playing the game.

Winning has to be rewarded in multiple ways while losing is punished in multiple ways. If you don't like the sting of defeat, then do whatever you need to within the boundaries of in-game capabilities to reduce probability of defeat to as close to zero. But knowing how the sting of defeat can hurt in a variety of ways and different levels, you should always prepare yourself for losing items. It just is going to be part of the game in some capacity regardless of what campaign band and world you're playing in.

So stockpile crafting mats, spare gear sets, extra vessels if you can, and don't just randomly attack every red named player you see. Be smart about your engagements and learn to identify the strength of your potential target of goodies and if you can take em out, do it. If not, run. Idiots just blindly attack other people and then complain when they lose their stuff.

On 1/11/2018 at 8:49 PM, surBear said:

Somebody please explain how this works.  I have seen posted pictures of people with their sb almost full, mine is not near full but I cant put anything in it.  One day it said 0 exports, next day it let me put 6 things in. Since then, 0 every day.  I really wanted to save my hard to make sword for the next campaign.

I find people understand it this way the easiest:

its a bank you you can only use 50 times.  Once you have made 50 deposits you are locked out.   It’s not about 50 slots used, it’s about how many times did you place an object in, or pull an object out.

your spirit bank isn’t something you shouldnt use often.  It’s best use is probably to be only used the last hour or 2 of a campaign.  If you are out farming and you have 10 gold, and might get attacked... don’t save 10 gold.  Just fight your fight and accept the loss if you lose.  Save all of your transactions for full stacks of 100, and don’t use slag/cobblestone/knotwood for your saves.  

Edited by Xpade

3 hours ago, Xpade said:

your spirit bank isn’t something you should use often.  It’s best use is probably to be only used the last hour or 2 of a campaign.  If you are out farming and you have 10 gold, and might get attacked... don’t save 10 gold.  Just fight your fight and accept the loss if you lose.  Save all of your transactions for full stacks of 100, and don’t use slag/cobblestone/knotwood for your saves.

There are some things wrong with this. Slag, cobblestone, and knotwood are probably going to be used to craft new EK parcels. In fact, the recipes in the live test server suggest that is exactly what is going to happen. So stockpiling thousands of Tier 1 mats is going to allow you to customize your personal EK or guild EK. The exporting rules for the campaign is going to determine how much you extract out of the campaign world. So if you have 1000 knotwood and can only export 50% of everything in your spirit bank, then that's potentially 500 knotwood.

The percentage of the export isn't really the issue. I don't know if you can craft higher quality parcels or not. If it's like anything else you can craft, I bet it's going to matter a lot. So even if you don't have a lot of Tier 3 or 4 wood or whatever the case might be past knotwood, you can at least bank something to be able to make something later for your EK.

When it comes to importing stuff, I think being able to have a large stockpile of basic resources to draw from as a guild helps distribute mats to guildies so they can get those basic gear items. This is going to be an important thing and will be one of many best practices across guilds to have the best chance of land grabbing and controlling resource node locations early on to get a foothold in the early game of campaigns.

But then, there also will be local banks in forts too. Just a bunch of stuff to think about that's been mentioned to be a thing in the game.

1 hour ago, Tinnis said:

I was like.... pretty sure i saw it required metric butt tons of premium materials..... almost to the point of being unobtainable for individuals and more intended for guild efforts.

and you can farm all the bade materials in your EK so don’t wast transfers on base materials... it’s garbage, accept it.  

Edited by Xpade