Sign in to follow this  
makkon

Myrmidon 5.3. One morning, one story

Tried to get some resources for incoming 5.4 after some break.

What to expect:

1) Builds I don't like, OP skills

2) happy little wood elves

3) Outnumbered and fighting some fresh players

4) Conclusions

PS. do not buff myrmidon. I like how it is now. Yes, he need some minor tuning, bug fixes and you need to think about CC and massive pvp something. And ofc mino race need more love.

And.... it will be done.

Edited by Pann
See PM

Nice video Makkon, I've been really wanting to try bringing my Myrm and Champ out again but never actually commit to doing so. Well done

and I enjoyed the music

11 minutes ago, Scorn said:

Nice video Makkon, I've been really wanting to try bringing my Myrm and Champ out again but never actually commit to doing so. Well done

thx. if I know what they fix HG root bug I will try it early.

actually templars are easiest melee in massive fights so I will prefer on release play him if got some group. myrm on sieges is something like roulette with current CC amount. the only one role for him - border single targets fast deleting or rear bow pew pew. ofc if you get alot of heal you can did massive amount of aoe damage and die. dunno how it will be effective.

ps. almost forget

@devs

look at video, there are some issues:

1) supress success while immunity (ranger fight)

2) air knock up while immunity

can be ping related ofc

3) dots goes through berserker

and please, give us hotkey to break any combo like it was. My big hand sometimes miss 4 button and I can't stop whirlwind or other combos intime.

Edited by makkon

10 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Since when has the berserk meter been able to be moved? I learned something today! 

thx Xarrayne for telling me how. anyway in 5.4 this trick not working

Edited by makkon

I think Hyriol told me how to hide the Inventory/Character sheet so that you can move the Pip/Essence/Berserker meters, so credit should be passed to him :) 

(Enter cursor mode when there are no other windows open and press P to hide the Inventory/Character sheet. If there are windows open, you must close them and then exit/re-enter cursor mode You can only move the meter once per play session; after click-dragging it somewhere and releasing the mouse button it will be locked there.)

5 minutes ago, Xarrayne said:

I think Hyriol told me how to hide the Inventory/Character sheet so that you can move the Pip/Essence/Berserker meters, so credit should be passed to him :) 

(Enter cursor mode when there are no other windows open and press P to hide the Inventory/Character sheet. If there are windows open, you must close them and then exit/re-enter cursor mode You can only move the meter once per play session; after click-dragging it somewhere and releasing the mouse button it will be locked there.)

gold! @Hyriol/ @Xarrayne

i hate that auto pop up of inventory/stat, let alone the inability to move class UI elements [need moar movable UI...]

shames it broken in 5.4 then........................

¬_¬

Edited by Tinnis

2 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

gold! @Hyriol/ @Xarrayne

i hate that auto pop up of inventory/stat, let alone the inability to move class UI elements [need moar movable UI...]

shames it broken in 5.4 then........................

¬_¬

Yeah being able to move/resize all the windows is quite important to me too, but I think/hope it's just a matter of time until we're able to do that! As for 5.4, maybe the keybind for hiding the Character sheet has just changed? If we can't figure it out we should definitely ask that this functionality be reintroduced.

I wouldn't say a 118top end mace is a poor advanced weapon, that's really high end as far as slag is concerned. Also thanks for the reminder, chat is frozen in place on 5.4 and doesn't go away even with Alt-Z

18 hours ago, Scorn said:

I wouldn't say a 118top end mace is a poor advanced weapon, that's really high end as far as slag is concerned. Also thanks for the reminder, chat is frozen in place on 5.4 and doesn't go away even with Alt-Z

no amazing success. just good or something. tooltip say it is poor weapon =) didnt craft with good success any blue since early 5.3 on test server

29 minutes ago, makkon said:

no amazing success. just good or something. tooltip say it is poor weapon =) didnt craft with good success any blue since early 5.3 on test server

Just as a frame of reference, I made a 2H sword with white materials and rolled good success with 6 PIPs and got 116 damage.

Not sure exactly what it takes to get 118 with slag and 4 PIPs, but it must be better than a good success.  118 is a dam good weapon at this stage for sure.  I was fighting you with 93 damage lol.

9 minutes ago, Kirchhoff said:

Not sure exactly what it takes to get 118 with slag and 4 PIPs, but it must be better than a good success.  118 is a dam good weapon at this stage for sure.  I was fighting you with 93 damage lol.

hah. dunno. I can even try to make a video to demo it =)

ps. btw Pann didnt like my words about wood elves, so I disguise it with picture

https://imgur.com/a/NM80e

I respect your experience and opinion, which is far superior to mine here.  However, how much of your satisfaction with the Myrmidon is dependent upon race and discipline choices?  I want to love the Myrmidon out of the box--it ostensibly represents a style of play I really like-- I just don't. 

EDIT:  The thing I think I dislike the most about the Myrmidon currently is that his basic attacks cost his resource--that just seems very wonky to me.  Other people  probably like it, I just can't get my head around it I suppose.  

Edited by Regulus

31 minutes ago, Regulus said:

I respect your experience and opinion, which is far superior to mine here.  However, how much of your satisfaction with the Myrmidon is dependent upon race and discipline choices?  I want to love the Myrmidon out of the box--it ostensibly represents a style of play I really like-- I just don't. 

EDIT:  The thing I think I dislike the most about the Myrmidon currently is that his basic attacks cost his resource--that just seems very wonky to me.  Other people  probably like it, I just can't get my head around it I suppose.  

thx for feedback.

as what about myrmidon race - there are not so big choices. only 2 race available and only half giant have full synergy coz:

1) needed stats - str and con. str gives you attack power

2) extra damage bonus and 2 free extra crash damage https://malekai.org/powers/blood-of-the-giant

3) good passive which gives you another damage bonus https://malekai.org/powers/half-giant-bloodline

actually I would like to see here some damage reduction instead

minotaur - father race of myrmidon is a big joke. dex based, almost no stats privided and copy-paste of mechanics from myrmidon which have shared CD. stun is not so strong to take attention (vs knockdowns and supress/root)

will see next race soon, probably should get better synergy than mino have atm

what about major disciplines? actually, ACE did not make much choises also (for example, champion have nice class related disciplines which synergy very good). I think in future they will make something

I would like to advise a couple:

1) judgernault. retaliation, passive to regen, cc immunity. unfortunatly I didnt use it often coz going mostly solo.

2) standard bearer. regen passive, heal skills, mitigation. terrible rune but it necessary atm to stay alive

3) I like holy avenger coz it gives you another not so strong but aoe dps around you

all other runes are specific to play styles and depend on group. i have no group so =)

as weapon runes - it is also pretty easy - bow, axe or maces =) atm switching between 2 panels is terrible, so I decided not use bows anymore (except for sieges)

I wear axe and mace coz holy avenger required mace in a hand. axe is a best choise coz shield+AP and CD reduction

passives I usually build only one - weapon finess coz playing with basic or slag weapons (too lazy to gathering and have no crafters)

all other - on your choise.

overall myrm,idon is pretty RNG class. you can die in seconds or survive for ages. roulette.