Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RNG in this game is horrible

Yeah, it is. It is valid to point out that the RNG isnt working properly. I have heard of people failing a 80+% chance item multiple times in a row. There is a non-zero chance of that happening but it is clearly an error when that happens all the time.

Like Anthrage said using potion can increase your sucess chances but like said above the expected results may not happen.

I've failed on final combines with Pots on my crafting alt. I understand where the game is, and though I do not like it, I accept it. There are a lot of others, especially new players, that may not be so understanding. It could stand to be addressed.

4 hours ago, emmanuelsdd said:

I was making just a  sword i spent 2 hours trying to make it and it kept failing. F this.  This game makes it this hard to make a simple sword its going to fail. 

the 5.4 patch and onwards is bringing a number of changes around crafting, crafting stations, locking 'harder' recipies behind skill training etc. Remains to be seen specifcally how the failure rates or process itself will specifically change though.

Edited by Tinnis
18 hours ago, Tinnis said:

the 5.4 patch and onwards is bringing a number of changes around crafting, crafting stations, locking 'harder' recipies behind skill training etc. Remains to be seen specifcally how the failure rates or process itself will specifically change though.

This type of testing makes little sense.

They've not really done much "everyone mass test X" over the years.

If they start locking a lot of things behind training and pre-steps, it simply decreases the number of testers and result.

The 3 people focused on Wood or whatever will be the sole source (besides ACE) giving feedback and finding issues.

Why they don't unlock everything and provide "milestone" training sessions (25%, 50%, 100% trained) to let folks mass test whatever makes little sense to me.

Unfortunately, continuing like this will result in many bugs and obvious issues falling through the cracks post release if not forever. AAA games suffer from this, can only imagine what a smaller product will end up like (looks at the billion games on steam that were in EA then release that go no where because of issues reported and never dealt with).

CqYhTNu.jpg

I'm not game developer, i just play the games. I can tell you RNG that fails this much makes for a game that will fail. it makes people rage quit and go find different games to play. RNG is something new players and lower level should have to worry about if they are just trying to craft tier 1 items. To many games right now have a very extensive hard to master skill tree and that is great, but  more simpler skill systems have create more fun game. Key word here is FUN. 

Good morning

I've pointed out on numerous occasions that if you make things 1 by 1 you will be a greater victim of what you see as BAD RNG... DO mass production at the time of multiple items then you will be less tilted if you fail the first 3 and succeed the next 7 in you 10 weapon roulette.  if You make all the sub items 1 at a time, then fail, do it again, fail, do it again fail. OF course, you will get tilted and blame everyone else other than yourself. Maybe the problem isn't the 30% fail rate but how you approach it, ie: using potions and or hiring an actual crafter.

I've done multiple tool/item tests daily,  for the past 2 weeks and across the board and the peaks and valleys all combine I have the same average result each time on Pass/Fail and experimental points. The system, math, numbers, max boob slider and the RNG seem pretty consistent. YOu cant collect data on 1 test, make that weapon 10,000 times then come back with your results.

4 hours ago, ForrealGaming said:

Good morning

I've pointed out on numerous occasions that if you make things 1 by 1 you will be a greater victim of what you see as BAD RNG... DO mass production at the time of multiple items then you will be less tilted if you fail the first 3 and succeed the next 7 in you 10 weapon roulette.  if You make all the sub items 1 at a time, then fail, do it again, fail, do it again fail. OF course, you will get tilted and blame everyone else other than yourself. Maybe the problem isn't the 30% fail rate but how you approach it, ie: using potions and or hiring an actual crafter.

I've done multiple tool/item tests daily,  for the past 2 weeks and across the board and the peaks and valleys all combine I have the same average result each time on Pass/Fail and experimental points. The system, math, numbers, max boob slider and the RNG seem pretty consistent. YOu cant collect data on 1 test, make that weapon 10,000 times then come back with your results.

To me there is little reason to have "fail" mechanics, especially in a game supposedly driven by player skill/effort.

RNG is what it is and has little to do with the player beyond did they add up all the necessary prereqs to combat it. Even then, it's still just RNG.

One might average out over time, but if the time/training required to gather/craft is high and then it can all be wasted, seems like a bad system.

Future systems might make it less painful and reward those that train/build their characters a certain way but why?

Go a more positive route with close to or near 100% success on everything, but the results are just mediocre. The higher quality returns should be rewarded to those through training, character building, resource quality, combo crafting, etc.

The time loss doesn't seem justified by "go gather/craft more and pray to the RNG gods."

New players or those starting crafting could still actually you know....craft....but the results wouldn't be too worthwhile until some effort was put into the character. Instead of putting in time and then getting nothing in return which is not rewarding or fun beyond those that spend time being a zombie in front of slot machines....

CqYhTNu.jpg

On 1/12/2018 at 3:42 AM, emmanuelsdd said:

I was making just a  sword i spent 2 hours trying to make it and it kept failing. F this.  This game makes it this hard to make a simple sword its going to fail. 

Level your crafting skill.  People who specialize in combat will not be good crafters.  Choices have consequences, you chose pvp right?  Embrace the sucking at crafting then..

There is a choice to level crafting skills and Assembly success. 

Of course you will always have 5% chance to fail. And it hits so much that I almost always do that last. 

You cannot skill out of the fail chance and with the bugged RNG you are still going to fail.

On 1/13/2018 at 3:33 PM, Xpade said:

Level your crafting skill.  People who specialize in combat will not be good crafters.  Choices have consequences, you chose pvp right?  Embrace the sucking at crafting then..

Someone that specializes in crafting can still train race/class which improve combat performance and wear whatever gear which improve combat performance. Then there is of course "player skill" which some believe will be the main factor in combat. Training in actual "combat" paths does not really provide a large benefit in comparison to non-combat paths.

Regardless, even trained in crafting, failing and RNG exist and do so in a non-entertainment form.

Edited by APE

CqYhTNu.jpg

True, but like my crafter I don't go straight for damage or defense in my race/class tree.  I go for the stats that enhance my success rate of what I'm trying to craft.  Things like class/race also make a difference in your crafting proficiency.  When its all said and done we can say skill is more important, and for pvp that is often the case, but a 10% higher craft success rate will really matter when it comes to using 90+ blue/gold/purple iron on final craft... 

At least if you fail the final combine give the player some scrap resources they can salvage which can go towards another attempt. The new player experience is going to be a mess. At some point none of us will be trained, the crutch that is crafting potions will be gone, and players are just going to have to smile and take it because the real game is 6+ months down the road. Not exactly a good start when many MMOs fail to retain players after about 2-3 months. 

I think everyone can understand that they should not be great crafters if they are not speced a certain way but with current testing being what it is, a large percentage of the player base is trying to operate as an island unto themselves, which is not what this game is meant to be. 

13 hours ago, Xpade said:

True, but like my crafter I don't go straight for damage or defense in my race/class tree.  I go for the stats that enhance my success rate of what I'm trying to craft.  Things like class/race also make a difference in your crafting proficiency.  When its all said and done we can say skill is more important, and for pvp that is often the case, but a 10% higher craft success rate will really matter when it comes to using 90+ blue/gold/purple iron on final craft... 

Even if someone goes 100% into whatever crafting path and min/maxes their way to being as efficient as possible, if the end result still leaves them hitting a button and crossing their fingers, the skill/effort of reaching that point is tossed out the window.

Obviously someone that trains in crafting, picks the right class/race, disciplines etc will have an advantage, but they are still fighting an unseen enemy. Those with less training are simply fighting a stronger one in the dark, hoping to land a knock out punch.

11 hours ago, Verot said:

At least if you fail the final combine give the player some scrap resources they can salvage which can go towards another attempt. The new player experience is going to be a mess. At some point none of us will be trained, the crutch that is crafting potions will be gone, and players are just going to have to smile and take it because the real game is 6+ months down the road. Not exactly a good start when many MMOs fail to retain players after about 2-3 months. 

I think everyone can understand that they should not be great crafters if they are not speced a certain way but with current testing being what it is, a large percentage of the player base is trying to operate as an island unto themselves, which is not what this game is meant to be. 

Exactly.

I can be a little easy on this subject if it was just those crafting the best of the best stuff that comes with high risk/reward, but even then I don't see how it is entertaining to do all that just to lose.

I'm also not a huge gambler myself so I might not enjoy the roller coaster ride of having good rolls and bad.

If I put in the effort, I want something in return, even a % of what I put in as you suggest.

I have no issue being outplayed/skilled by other players, RNG is not better than me, but sure does win a lot...

CqYhTNu.jpg

This may sound backwards but I generally think RNG is stupid for any PvE, and that it is ok in mmos (to a certain degree) in pvp forcing a little unpredictability and adaptiveness.  

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Oh don’t get me wrong, I very much dislike rng, but logically I can compute the math and if I want X really high, but the trade off Y has a diminishing return, I have to weigh that all out.  

I will have to say though, I really would like to see thresholds used a lot better.  I’ll go back to the master chef doesn’t throw away the PB&J just cuz he used too much jelly compared to the peanut butter.  I don’t know the coding but a color system has done well for crafting before.  I’m not saying a rarity color, but like red crafts are high risk and total loss of materials, orange has “some” risk and total loss of materials, yellow has “some” risk and failures return materials or the craft completes but with lesser stats( maybe remove the experiment option on fails) blues/green are guaranteed crafts and possibility of critical successes 

Just to ease some worries:

Currently on 5.4 TEST, when you fail a final combine on a weapon you still get a weapon.  However, it locks you out from experimenting on it (essentially auto-failing every roll - so therefore it will never be very good).  So it seems that, when you craft it, you will always end up with SOMETHING that can be used (but might not be very good).

Not sure how this works with non-experimentation items.

Disclaimer: This is pulled from information I read, not personal experience (i.e. I cannot verify the source or accuracy of this).