Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reimia

Necromancer?

Normally I'd just check the class section but from what I'm reading and hearing on youtube there is a ton of customization to this game that goes way past what your class is. My favorite class to play is Necromancer aesthetically and gameplay wise, sadly I haven't got to play one since Diablo 2, EQ, and Guild wars 1(I don't count the gw2 necro, that one was....meh). I don't necessarily need to summon an army, even one skeleton would make me happy but I can never find an mmo that lets me.

Now I'm guessing there is no such thing right now but has it been hinted at or are all the classes and abilities set in stone? In that case is there any other class/ability that lets you summon a pet? If not I guess I'd just settle for being able to buff/debuff(not generally a fan of healing, I prefer buffing) so there is somewhere I can look at a list of cast-able abilities.

The Necromancer in Crowfall is a crafter of body parts into a meat ship, a vessel that is essentially your character that you will level up in a class and race both passively and actively.   The skill tree has gravediggers that harvest body parts and alchemists that create reanimation elixers and soul philosopher stones to make new vessels with custom stats.

There is not a combat class for necromancer, no...

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Combat pets are not in testing yet, they were mentioned to be in the future development plans (possibly as a discipline you can add to a class).

There is a cool power called "Ghost Army" on the Banshee major discipline rune:

https://malekai.org/powers/ghost-army

Check out the full website to see more info on class specific powers, and discipline rune powers. Everything is still in early testing and subject to change!

Ahh alright thanks you two :). And that's exactly what I was hoping to see mira! I been looking over all these rune things thanks to that. I'm glad to hear they were mentioned for future development that gives me hope.

And ofc if you got a idea for something specific you would want in a discipline or future class (though disciplines are far easier and faster to make the the devs), feel free to post a suggestion in the appropriate place)

@Reimia

and then with regards 'pets' there have been old hints about this (and 'combat pets' was a kickstarter stretch goal) but yet to see in game or hear about in detail, especially for awhile

cypQVlV.png

however nothing was attached to a class - more to skills or disciplines and potentially to thrall spirits as well

some old examples:

The exploration skill training 'Animal Husbandry' deals with taming animals for both pets and mounts.

Also the twitch stream presented us with many exploration discipline runestones (that you can attached to most classes) which featured a variety of pet options.

e.g.

http://imgur.com/a/M0MrH

conjurer - summon elemental (pet)

summoner - capture npc thrall

tracker - capture npc mount

wolfbrother - summon wolf (pet)

animator - summon golem (pet)

Edited by Tinnis

and you can see the BANSHEE discipline runestone in action here with the GHOST ARMY power

i'd also add that the base class of druid has some elements of this sort of theme in their 'death magic' tray (lightning earth decay etc) and you can even choose to focus entirely on death magic and abandon your usual access to healing magic if you so choose via the master of scimitar discipline.

Edited by Tinnis

1 hour ago, Tinnis said:

@Reimia

and then with regards 'pets' there have been old hints about this (and 'combat pets' was a kickstarter stretch goal) but yet to see in game or hear about in detail, especially for awhile

cypQVlV.png

however nothing was attached to a class - more to skills or disciplines and potentially to thrall spirits as well

some old examples:

The exploration skill training 'Animal Husbandry' deals with taming animals for both pets and mounts.

Also the twitch stream presented us with many exploration discipline runestones (that you can attached to most classes) which featured a variety of pet options.

e.g.

http://imgur.com/a/M0MrH

conjurer - summon elemental (pet)

summoner - capture npc thrall

tracker - capture npc mount

wolfbrother - summon wolf (pet)

animator - summon golem (pet)

Damn, i never saw those. They look really cool. Gonna rewatch that video ASAP. Hopefully they are still a thing...

EDIT: Wow, july 2016? That is some old stuff right here. That explains why i had no recollection of this. This here warrants a question in the Q&A. Is this still a thing?

Edited by BarriaKarl

If you are a fan of Lifesteal. Ranger has several lifesteal type powers.

if you are a fan of disease  check out the plaguelord discipline

if you like the undead try the Banshee Discipline,

Crowfall is all about taking a base class and customizing it through disciplines to make it your own.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

8 hours ago, Tinnis said:

@Reimia

cypQVlV.png

some old examples:

Ooh this is awesome right here this definitely gives me hope. I will be praying for skeletons but pets in general is satisfying enough(I see the summon wolf in that imgur link, I like druid summoners as well). Thanks again for the replies everyone!

Speaking of thanks how do I thank posts? I see other people doing it but I can't figure out how, I'm only getting a "report post" option.

26 minutes ago, Reimia said:

Ooh this is awesome right here this definitely gives me hope. I will be praying for skeletons but pets in general is satisfying enough(I see the summon wolf in that imgur link, I like druid summoners as well). Thanks again for the replies everyone!

Speaking of thanks how do I thank posts? I see other people doing it but I can't figure out how, I'm only getting a "report post" option.

Lower right of the post, the heart shaped icon there