Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VIKINGNAIL

A question for those that play this game a lot.

9 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Do you think they can create a good sense of ownership and guild pride in time for soft launch if soft launch is going to occur in 2018?

Yes.

if the focus was put on Campaign mechanics and guild systems.

Currently there is little reason to play the came other than to test help contribute to its development.

You gain experience without logging in.

Once you have equipped your toon and filled out your vessel with runestones ther is no reason to log in...EXCEPT to help your guild win the game. To be there for your teamates.

The same reason any man fights in a war. To protect his brothers who are right next to him.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

When you've played other mmorpgs with character slots were you usually sticking with a main character the majority of the time or did you like having lots of alt characters and hopping around?  

For me personally, the 2 main MMORPG's I played were SB and WoW. In both games, I always had a multitude of alts so I could experience multiple play styles. I was primarily a scout, DPS caster or healer(never very good at melee dps). I loved being able to switch roles as needed by my guild/nation and the ability when playing solo to experience different things. I have always said, one of my main concerns with CF is to be too pigeonholed into one style. Even with VIP, you will be limited in scope. 

I liked the ability to switch between a scout and prelate and warlock in SB for example, but it still fit well into the needs of the guild/nation. If I was solo farming it was for the greater good. CF makes me nervous about training into mining and focusing, for example on Silver. Yes, you will be able to mine all the other nodes, but it seems too specialized to me. 

I haven't experienced this level of end-game specialization in a game yet, and honestly, I haven't been able to get that deep into training, especially with the 5.3 skill wipe, and my recent computer crash. I hope my fears are either unjustified or alleviated. 

I don't. The main reason is because of wipes and a lack of options to make my character feel more personalized to fit my play style. On top of that, I can't play Assassin to really know.

Until there is a significantly larger discipline rune count in the game for me to pick and choose things from, better selection of items to equip, and overall a class that's fun enough for me to say "Yeah, that's me, I am <this> cause of. . . . " but I can't really get that personal attachment to a class or race outside of something that looks cool and is different from the norm. I think the limited number of viable discipline runes for any one class really is what kills it for me.

OS_Sig3.png

"Attachment" is hard to define - it can be based on race/class, or build/stats, or group role, or customized look, or time invested, or progression, or rp storyline.

In most MMOs (and even in MOBAs), I would have one favorite and a couple of alts to switch to in specific situations. That's basically the same as the vessel system in CF.  MOBA-style archetypes can be forced to be more unique by design, but that takes choice away from players. I prefer the current system's character building options because I like making more of the choices myself.

tiPrpwh.png

I don't get attached to any character. it's a game for me and in CF the vessels are tools just like weapons and armor. Now I may be attached to my EK but only because it'll be my home.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

4 hours ago, blazzen said:

It's too early to say. 

We're missing disciplines dropping in the world, sacrifice system to level vessels, and being able to craft and equip vessels.

Once all that time/effort is put into building a vessel there will be a lot more attachment to it.

This...   at launch you will be working on a character vessel build and you will be working on that build a number of times even replacing a previous skin job with a shinier one and you will have attachment to those custom skin jobs and the race class discs combat skill set that goes along with it.   Each of these is then leveled by sacrifice.  There won't be the jumping around classes and builds once you settle in on a couple and build toward a small stable of skin jobs. 

I do have an attachment to a few builds at the moment, yes.   Those builds will become go to vessels of varying quality and of varying load outs and while it also feels like a garage full of cars, if they are all GTXs in various states of restoration you do have a connection to GTXs and drive them all the same.   Some may have built and enjoy driving Pintos and others Gremlins.  

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Relating to your character.. That's a good question.

In previous games I have definately felt a need for a strong connection to the characters I played, from the Sith Assasin to the Worgen Hunter.  When starting out in Crowfall everyone was playing Confessors or Legios.  It was an indifferent mess, everyone were pretty much the same - except no-one played the Ranger.  So instead of relate to the character and race, I tried to define myself by being something that broke the general trail of thought.  Something that made people stop up and pay attention.  It was then that I started to look for others doing the same thing.

Since all classes looked the same back then, it became their playstyle that defined them.  They are still around.  They are dedicating themselves to making the classes special.   Making it possible to be more than just another in the crowd. 

Some call it "the Meta", to me it's being part of the "crowd" in which you disappear and become indifferent and unable to influence things.   If the meta dictates what you should or shouldn't do... then you're not playing the game.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

I played Nethari confessor for about a month, switched to Wood-elf scim druid and feel a lot more attached than I did to the fessor. Mostly because of the mobility, camo and the way my playstyle is

I don't have a lot of attachment to my current character because all of this is temporary.  I do have an attachment to the class that I play (Ranger).  It is my favorite class, it suits my play style VERY well and is super enjoyable.  I will most likely feel a lot more attached once the game launches and everything means a lot more and I can customize my character to my liking.  I didn't play much MMO's, I was hugely into SB and gravitated towards two types of characters, casters and rouges.  My favorite character was Joyeuse who was my Nightstalker which I poured my heart and soul into getting just right.  The only issue I found was I could either kill Templars, but not other NS's, or kill other NS's, but not Templars with a switch of two skills (thanks refiners).  I become attached when I get to make my character the way I want it to be.  My whole Crowfall experience has been on a Ranger from the beginning until now.  It will always be my go to character and will be the one I probably pour everything I have into upon launch.

Formerly known as - AmazingTacoBurito