Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blazzen

RIP Obs LoD

With a heavy heart, I must announce that Obs LoD lost his battle with cancer on Saturday January 13th, 2018.

Like many LoD including myself, Obs began his gaming career in another guild that fought against LoD. Through merit alone, Obs joined LoD and rose through our ranks until reaching the inner circle of leadership. Obs had the uncanny ability to stay positive, keep his cool, and never give up even against the longest odds. Obs was a man of few words but when he spoke, people listened. These qualities are what made Obs a great leader.

As this news began to spread over the last few days the outpouring of condolences and support has been both humbling and eye opening. Over 20 years of gaming Obs made many allies and rivals but the one thing they all said in common was that they respected him. As a gamer there is no greater legacy than the respect of one’s peers.

Obs was a great leader, guild mate and friend. He will always be missed and never be replaced.

RIP Obs LoD
LoD4Life

Plaque presented to Obs from LoD:

TeQqXter.jpg

Obs (right) with Seven from allied guild Kill Cult (left). Obs is holding a shield given to him by Kill Cult with half of each guild's logo. Video from the event taken by Obs : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy1lRb97wa4

969b8ada09f9c83489ffb08cc01b0a2cd71ad306

Lastly, my personal favorite Crowfall PVP video from Obs back in the Hunger Dome days. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

Didn't know him personally but for me Obs was always the first name that came to mind when LoD was mentioned.  He loved PvP and definitely played a significant role in many meaningful events throughout mmo history.  

My condolences to all those that will miss him greatly and are grieving during this time.  

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Heard the news a few days back on a stream. Was kind of hoping it was just a silly rumor or something.

Sucks man :(

This is a heavy loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. 

Obs was the first name in Crowfall to me. The first player I both admired and feared. I'm saddened that I haven't been among the people that knew him well. Would have been an honor.

Vote for Obs to be a "Fallen Hero" in game. +1

Edited by Noc.
+1

OS_Sig3.png

I was telling Obs back when we were forming up as an alliance for Albion Online how much LoD and himself meant to us Dwarves from our two month non stop fight back on Death Server in Shadowbane. Our entire hold sends our condolences.

Obs was always there to speak up for the Mithril Warhammers in support over the years and games when he didnt have to and when other guild leaders, especially enemies in the past, would have never bothered.

We will meet again in Valhalla Lord Obs. 

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

I always admired Obs' gravitas and his ability to command respect, even from enemies. I know he has maintained LoD as an amazing community, which I look forward to working with in Crowfall. The entire Crowfall Community has lost something with his passing.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

I think I talked to Obs once, congratulating him on his play in HD. Talking to some of his guild mates over the last few years I was looking forward to getting to know him better.

Condolences to his friends and family.

Rest well Obs.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel