Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rune tools from alloys

Xpade

Sorry all, probably asked somewhere before...but bout to go nuts on this one as many tool tips don’t work, or they just don’t really say the answer.

Any good sources that can explain and/or compare in English the affects or differences of plentiful, bountiful, resourceful, energetic.... and how ever mother fn types of harvests are out there.  Between buffs, potions, pips, procs, equipment effects... they don’t feel clear on what it really does for me.   I think I have a google doc for everything but a real answer... I know how to get certain buffs or effects or to make gold/silver tools.... but wtf does it mean.  

Edited by Xpade

2 hours ago, Xpade said:

Sorry all, probably asked somewhere before...but bout to go nuts on this one as many tool tips don’t work, or they just don’t really say the answer.

Any good sources that can explain and/or compare in English the affects or differences of plentiful, bountiful, resourceful, energetic.... and how ever mother fn types of harvests are out there.  Between buffs, potions, pips, procs, equipment effects... they don’t feel clear on what it really does for me.   I think I have a google doc for everything but a real answer... I know how to get certain buffs or effects or to make gold/silver tools.... but wtf does it mean.  

in 5.4 you will be able to mouseover most stats for description in the player sheet

or hold control when viewing a skill node to see a description

otherwise old harvest interview

https://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1214/feature/11183/page/1

Harvest Critical Chance – This is a percentage base stat (similar to a critical damage hit in combat) which only rolls on node destruction. If successful, the player has an additional bonus loot table added to the harvest result.

Harvest Critical Amount – This stat adds the potential for additional loot into the critical harvest bonus loot table when you have a critical harvest.

Plentiful Harvest – Perhaps the most powerful stat in the harvesting lineup, this stat shifts the harvest loot tables into more powerful versions of the loot tables for that type and rank of resource node. All players start at version 1 of the loot tables.

Tool decay rate – This stat decreases the amount of decay a tool type takes each time it is used to harvest.

Beneficial Harvest Chance – Each time a resource node is destroyed the player has a chance for a “Beneficial Harvest” to occur. This stat increases that chance. Initially, this stat restores stamina when a Beneficial Harvest event is triggered. As the player goes deeper into the harvesting skill trees, Beneficial Harvest events will also add short duration buffs to the player.

Beneficial Harvest Power – This stat increases the amount of stamina restore and the power of any buffs granted from Beneficial Harvests.

Beneficial Harvest Duration – This stat increases the duration of any buffs granted via Beneficial Harvest.

Plentiful Dust – One of the byproducts of harvesting resources is Gold Dust. Gold Dust can be smelted into coins to produce a currency for players to use in trade. This stat increases the chance for additional dust loot table rolls at 75%, 50%, 25%, and 0% destruction stages.

-

loot table example

CF6_t.jpg

Hint:  make your tools with gold-silver for critical harvest, make your armor and weapons with harvest critical amount (gold-gold-gold bars + specialty seal) = win at gathering

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

11 hours ago, Frykka said:

Hint:  make your tools with gold-silver for critical harvest, make your armor and weapons with harvest critical amount (gold-gold-gold bars + specialty seal) = win at gathering

Wait a minuuuuute...

i do the seal thing... but thought gold.gold.gold was support power and Crit dmg was gold gold copper and rate was 3x copper

Thanks @Tinnis .  That’s gets me goin.  Now Other than waiting for 5.4, anything out there helping understand what pushes you past certain thresholds?  I imagine there’s a difference between what let’s you harvest more doobers vs quality doobers.... or at least that was how it came across... but probably going in the wrong direction.  I think many are at the point where quality is more important than watching the node explode like a volcano and it doobers all over you.  Like the potion +slag tool gets me to x, then combination of alloy tool+specialty seal+potion+pip buff ... gets me to harvest buff x .  I’m totally down to assist or donate resources to the testing and documenting of this..

57 minutes ago, Xpade said:

Thanks @Tinnis .  That’s gets me goin.  Now Other than waiting for 5.4, anything out there helping understand what pushes you past certain thresholds?  I imagine there’s a difference between what let’s you harvest more doobers vs quality doobers.... or at least that was how it came across... but probably going in the wrong direction.  I think many are at the point where quality is more important than watching the node explode like a volcano and it doobers all over you.  Like the potion +slag tool gets me to x, then combination of alloy tool+specialty seal+potion+pip buff ... gets me to harvest buff x .  I’m totally down to assist or donate resources to the testing and documenting of this..

generally 'plentiful harvest' stat, the 'rank' of the node your are harvesting, and if a 'crit' occurs on the the node destruction [also via a stat]

i think also stats for 'quantity' as well?

Edited by Tinnis

4 hours ago, Xpade said:

Wait a minuuuuute...

i do the seal thing... but thought gold.gold.gold was support power and Crit dmg was gold gold copper and rate was 3x copper

You are talking 2 different things here.

When making your tool (pick) you want to use 2 gold/2 silver ore for the sigil component (then combine with runestone).  That will cause your tool to grant 3%-7% crit chance.

What you are talking about is "harvesting seals" used on armor and weapons.  That is an entirely different animal.  Adding a harvesting seal to a metal bar, for example, changes the stat to some kind of harvesting stat (from the standard SP, AP, etc.).  What all those combinations are is an excellent question (I too would be interested).  I can tell you that for leather, using cat/cat/cat along with a mining seal (granite copper) will produce ore harvesting critical chance (just like you will have on your tool).  At this point, that is considered the "best" harvesting stat to get on gear.  I am not sure how to get that same stat on plate or mail though.

Here is an example of a set of leather harvesting gear (blue quality) made during 5.3.4 using the cat/cat/cat hides and chopping seals:

GearSet.png?width=697&height=598

As Tinnis mentioned above, if you are interested in getting higher quality materials (color), then you have 2 options.  You can increase your Plentiful Harvest (PH) stat but, right now you are either a non harvester and have PH3, or a trained harvester and have PH4.  No one will get to PH 5 until a month or more down the road I believe.  So, probably the more practical way is to go for higher rank nodes.  For instance a rank 10 node guarantees a blue drop with PH3.

And to give you an example of how extreme the node rank impacts this:
We did some of the motherlodes that are rank 9 and rank 10.  When you kill a motherlode at rank 9 you might see something like 15 white and 5 green (depending on PH stat).  A rank 10 might drop something like 14 white, 1 green, 4 blue.  

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I was wrong - updated per Srathor's post.

Edited by Kirchhoff

Uhh Kirchoff that was not made with bear. (I made all that for Anhrez) 

That was cat hide + chopping seal, (For harvest crit chance) Due to there being so little harvest crit chance in the starting and mid game. Once he gets training up I would move the gear towards Harvest Crit amount.

Bear Bear Bear is for crit amount. (with Harvesting seals, like Chopping seal, or Mining seal) It is a different combo for things like woodworking or Blacksmithing.

Lots of ways to make the gear. Lots of random results on the power of the gear too. And little in the way of non random upgrades sadly. The only upgrade for quality of gear past raw pips is from grey to white, the greens and blues don't give a numbers boost since 5.3 started. (I hope it is fixed but have not had a chance to try with blacksmith since 5.4 is staggered access.

22 minutes ago, srathor said:

That was cat hide + chopping seal, (For harvest crit chance) Due to there being so little harvest crit chance in the starting and mid game. Once he gets training up I would move the gear towards Harvest Crit amount.

Bear Bear Bear is for crit amount. (with Harvesting seals, like Chopping seal, or Mining seal) It is a different combo for things like woodworking or Blacksmithing.

Lots of ways to make the gear. Lots of random results on the power of the gear too. And little in the way of non random upgrades sadly. The only upgrade for quality of gear past raw pips is from grey to white, the greens and blues don't give a numbers boost since 5.3 started. (I hope it is fixed but have not had a chance to try with blacksmith since 5.4 is staggered access.

Thanks for the correction there.  Hopefully I didn't mislead OP and cause him to waste materials/time yet.

Do you happen to have a resource for all of the "harvesting/crafting seal" + XXXX material = XXXX stat?  The google doc from the discord on resource combinations does not have this information.

Also, do you have anything on what Beneficial Harvest does?  The information earlier in this thread just talks about it "giving buffs".  Given the number of stats around procing it more, making it stronger, last longer, etc. it seems like it will be important.  That is the one stat I still have no clue what the benefit is.

A lot is changing with 5.4 I think on the leather interactions. Will have to retest darn near everything.

Bene harvest is a two part system. The first part gotten from Exploration basics triggers off any node destruction. It will give you a stamina regen. That's it. 

The second part is a 30 second buff that triggers on node destruction, when you get that first part proc. The second part is a harvesting crit chance buff + a runspeed boost. Right now it gives +15 harvesting crit chance percentage. It can be boosted in power and duration and chance to trigger from all over the place. 

You have to get the buff booster part from the first node of the third pages of the gathering lines. (Ore , Stone, graves, trees, skinning) You have to 5 pip that to get the benefits of the buff proc. Sadly you cannot get the chance of this to proc up very high except through skill training a ton of different areas. The gear version that you can boost is set to the thousandths of a percentage .001 and is practically worthless. All of the gear options are set very very low due to how much power factories are going to have in warping the rarity of amazing rolls. Shame we don't have factories to enjoy that part of it right now. 

2 hours ago, srathor said:

Thanks!  That’s why I said waaiiit a minute... so I’ll have to tweak a few bars to validate which alloy gives which modifier, like with bear vs cat. I really appreciate all the feedback and pooling all the minds together.  Anybody out there already have methods documented or willing to collaborate on anything?  I’d really like to see how the leather/ore play when the seal appears to be the key modifier.  Going off what you said, focus on making the white threshold as green/blue aren’t scaling in their returns right now.

As much as I’d love to go a strength type for mining, I’ll probably end up on a leather fed wearer.  Not the end of the world..... cuz it appears dex may have an impact on Crit chances.... key word MAY... as I notice strength definitely increases your base damage... but had felt dex was proc’img more critical harvests..

Edited by Xpade

I understand, and why I said MAY... simply for the fact that I have been looking at the difference in my half giant mineing and my guine... it felt like I was getting more Crits on the guine while the half giant was hitting harder.  I still need to go whack on slag in my ek a couple hours to provide evidence... but internet’s broken :(.

Hope that clears up where I was going with it...possibly a leftover mechanic like how a myrmidon  could hit with spin move and pvp weapon.

Appreciate all the info everybody!  I had test a lot of it this weekend and definitely started seeing epics.  They aren’t super consistent in the lvl/tier 3 but they were happening.  Seemed to have better chances on lvl 7 and 9s though... not sure why.... maybe damage per hit?  Also started looking at crafting suits, had to do some hunting cuz the one sheet I found wasn’t totally accurate and sometimes instead of experimentation, it was just +skill.