Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Assassin Powers and Effects - Official Discussion Thread

Just now, Jah said:

For small scale harvesting I do think stealth will be popular.

But you can't harvest while stealthed, and once we are using pack animals to caravan resources across the map, stealth probably won't be a big help with that either.

Harvesting will probably end up the way it did in Eve in 0.0 space.  Your guild got together and ran an Op.  You had the biggest ships that you could manage mining.  You had the biggest haulers that you had running the ore to a safe place.  You had fighters scrambled and ready to engage if you had contact with the enemy.  

In small scale mining you took your lumps if you got jumped, but you were in protected alliance held space. 

Dealing with stealthers will be handled much like you handle any problem from large numbers of attackers.  Get tracking.  Get some friends.  The battlefield is a lonely place all by yourself.  The problem with stealthers isn't permanent stealth, it is your inability to deal with the problem.  If it only takes 1 Scout to bring 11 Assassins/Rangers out of stealth, maybe someone in your alliance should play a Scout?

3 hours ago, Jah said:

For small scale harvesting I do think stealth will be popular.

But you can't harvest while stealthed, and once we are using pack animals to caravan resources across the map, stealth probably won't be a big help with that either.

Indeed. I'll believe pack animals when I see them. I would not be surprised if they are post-launch.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

I think people have to recognise the whole expose mechanic that assassin has, stealth is nerfed by such mechanic but nerfed in a way that creates an increased skill cap. I'm 99% sure a timed stealth would be a negative in Crowfall. Rogue classes gain what they lack in combat vs stronger opponents by being able to surprise enemies and having to stealth 20 feet away eliminates that almost entirely, at least with the expose mechanic it gives the player the option to reveal themselves or not.

Are you effing kidding me? Did I hear that right? A system that is so integral for the class is not even part of the class anymore? You have to craft your toxins from an outside source if you don't have alchemy yourself???

Not to mention what's up with those animations? They are horrible. Some of them make zero sense to the ability. It's like extraneous flips for no reason!!

Then the ability that makes them jump back and then forward again. All it takes is a minor step back to completely negate that ability. God forbid you are trying to use it on a moving target. Please don't tell me this is the best that could be done. 

After the Druid got the crap stick for its inability to do anything well with a concept that was great on paper, but executed bad because all the time spent trying to build your resource to damage and then spending that resource over and over without doing much damage, or the opposite, bursting into flames trying to be an effective healer, I'm like ok well Assassin sounds great.

Then you announced Assassin, take it back for like over half a year, then put a video out and just no. Never thought I'd say this about this game, but all the momentum of last year seems to have fizzled out. This announcement tanked my excitement to even play this game.

5 hours ago, Navystylz said:

Are you effing kidding me? Did I hear that right? A system that is so integral for the class is not even part of the class anymore? You have to craft your toxins from an outside source if you don't have alchemy yourself???

Not to mention what's up with those animations? They are horrible. Some of them make zero sense to the ability. It's like extraneous flips for no reason!!

Then the ability that makes them jump back and then forward again. All it takes is a minor step back to completely negate that ability. God forbid you are trying to use it on a moving target. Please don't tell me this is the best that could be done. 

After the Druid got the crap stick for its inability to do anything well with a concept that was great on paper, but executed bad because all the time spent trying to build your resource to damage and then spending that resource over and over without doing much damage, or the opposite, bursting into flames trying to be an effective healer, I'm like ok well Assassin sounds great.

Then you announced Assassin, take it back for like over half a year, then put a video out and just no. Never thought I'd say this about this game, but all the momentum of last year seems to have fizzled out. This announcement tanked my excitement to even play this game.

You can craft a basic poison pretty easily yourself, so its not like you cant get poison alone at all, but ofc like any other piece of equipment, ofc you need to find a good crafter to get good version (not any different than say a knight having to seek out a blacksmith to craft a shield really)

On 23/01/2018 at 11:47 PM, Navystylz said:

You have clearly never played AA or watched high tier gameplay, you think a backpeddle is more effective than a backdrop? Which leads into a forward charge? Which increases your dmg output????????

?????????

I definitely think we need some clarification on how the toxins are applied and how they interact with each other. The video was a great start but left me with a lot of questions.

Yes, but what does SEVERE CORRUPTION actually do?! At least with the poison and disease toxins, there is some kind of listed effect (slow and damage, and prevent healing respectively). But it looks like ALL of the toxins require the Diffusion attack to take effect, which seems clunky to me. Attack attack attack, wait for a poison proc and then use a highly situational ability that triggers the toxin effect. I mean, I'm all for high-skill ceiling abilities, but this seems... unusual... to me.

26 minutes ago, TheRealStupid said:

Yes, but what does SEVERE CORRUPTION

a heavy hitting earth magic based damage over time that will tick 3 times over the duration for fairly high damage [compared to a faster lower hitting effect that can stack like a moderate effect would be]

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png