Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mysticque

where is my mage assassin?

Every class has magic.

Nethari can Call Flames (power).

Assassins can take Mage-type disciplines.

Wood elves can hide when they remain stationary, so they can help ambush enemies, using Frostweaver and Witch (Druid) class mage-attacks. 

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I'm not convince if frostweaver is the mage assassin comparison. it doesn't have the stealth and blind skill and I hope they make her ice skills stuns including self stun immunity. either way if she's not implemented I probably will not play this crap. seems boring already

Edited by mysticque

3 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

I don't understand how spikes on her inner thigh would be efficient for combat.

Well, obviously you are not a mage assassin.  Those spikes are used when they get close to tip you.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

19 hours ago, Tinnis said:

oh-i-dont-know-what-that-means.gif?w=507

Imagine a mage who stuns you for 8 seconds, hits you with a cold debuff, stabs you with a spear that includes a nasty cold based dot and restealths and chuckles as he watches you  run in circles while you die...

Edited by PaleOne

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

i need a 5.4 whale to tell me how long the supposed TELEPORT AND INVISIBILITY on the confessor's C immolate lasts [e.g. its literally now the same as assassin shadowstep]. just no idea how long it's supposed stealth lasts.

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

23 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

I don't understand how spikes on her inner thigh would be efficient for combat.

I could imagine a few ways spike there could work in combat.  Wouldn’t be the first time we saw a tackle or leg wrap in a game.  Hell, I’ve seen the head grab and using your body as a club...just think charm class and ultimate skills.... don’t forget to clean up.

I think we are lacking in the magic department as a whole. Most of the powers we currently have probably fall in the "magic" category in some form but they dont make you feel like a mage and a master of the arcanum.

The fact that our only mage class is a weak ass fire mage doesnt help. Fire magic is probably the most boring since it is too straightforward, just throw it at someone to do damage. Normally you can mask that flaw by abusing its destructive power but that isnt easy when balancing is a issue.

Hopefully they create some mage themed discs before launch. At least one for each basic element type such as water, earth, wind, and eletric (I feel like i am missing something).

They can even give each mage Discs (and hopefully the future mage classes) a theme like:

Electric -> Stuns (Maybe a short stun that needs good timing to be impactful)
Earth -> Temporary bodies constructions (Walls, area elevation, maybe a quicksand AOE?) - I really like this one
Wind -> Some long distance wind attacks?
Water -> Healing?

@BarriaKarl

^ agree

not too much 'magic' floating around in the discs (e.g. "unlock a fireball!")

curious what frostweaver will bring

the single element nature of the two main mages also feels abit restricted as well. [and see also druid lightning too i guess but at least they get earth as well]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

why would you use spear for? mage assassin is only good for range :D...  just max out orthanatos as much as possible

On 1/22/2018 at 9:13 PM, PaleOne said:

Imagine a mage who stuns you for 8 seconds, hits you with a cold debuff, stabs you with a spear that includes a nasty cold based dot and restealths and chuckles as he watches you  run in circles while you die...

Edited by mysticque